User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-03-2008, 09:05 PM   #1
Just GO! OP
Countersteer it.

Oddometer: 2,867
Making time with the Mountain Momma...250 style.

It's all Meef's fault. I have to have someone to blame this ride for, don't I?

So, Meef.............................................. ..............

It's Meef's fault because of this. Meef and his 15 cubic inch tour of Ohio. Touring on a 250 cc dual sport. Now that's one of my ideas of a good time.
I've aways wanted to own a 250 dual sporter.....since high school actually, but you know how the story goes. For one reason or another, blah, blah, blah. Well 36 years later and a lucky find and I'm a kid again. With a 2000 KLR250 in my garage and the world at my handlebars, looking for a place to shred with my 27 horses of power!

Now I'm really not much of a planner or a stickler for details...never been one to set long term goals for myself either. I guess that's the main reason that I carry a tool kit at work as opposed to a brief case. So the planning stage of this ride kind of went like this.....

I planned which state I would ride...WVa.

I made phone calls to a couple friends to plan where I would spend my nights...I don't camp.

And I planned what I would use for transportation...that was the easy part.

Five days were set...four days for riding and a day of rest but as it turned out the fifth day was needed for, you guessed it, riding.

I spent a couple evenings getting my gear and the 250 ready for the trip...the usual...tools, clothes, map, tires, fluids, chain, etc., etc., etc.
A last minute call to John in Seneca Rocks to remind him that I would be on my way tomorrow morning and would be there sometime around, who knows when, tomorrow evening. He says that the spare room above the Gun Room is ready, come ahead. More on John later.

I would be traveling light and slow. So I packed the bare essentials and only needed a tail bag for the bike and a backpack for me. And the main piece of gear would be my camera.

Enuf words? I agree. Lets ride.

Chapter 1

"The fog"
"Delaney Atkins...Where's the kill switch!?"
"The mist"

Just GO! screwed with this post 09-05-2008 at 02:56 PM
Just GO! is offline   Reply With Quote