Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-30-2008, 07:40 PM   #1
Arte OP
Pata de Perro

Oddometer: 1,534
Wink Mcallen TX -Reynosa -Real de 14 México and back in 4 days

Well, here we are talking, about this trip, planning since middle of August and making the decision to leave Reynosa Tam. to Real de 14 SLP, by Sep 13 and comming back by the 16th. We are at least 11 guys on KLR's, BMW, Suzuki and Honda bikes.

One week before, the date changes for the next following week of the original date. Everybody is cool and route plan still the same.

Next thing I do is contact my cousings living in ZACATECAS, and they agree to join us at Real de 14 on Sat Sep 20th. Cool, 5 more bikes to join the group.

Everybody is eager to meet the departure day. We all are sending emails among us to make sure all camping gear and other stuff is covered and not to duplicate things unnecesarily.

Finally the day arrives and we meet at the last Pemex gas station. our family went to say by and take a group picture. (I'm learning to post pics so I apologize if not done right the first times).

3 minutes later after departure, guess what..... Alan (Ricardo's son) realizes that he droped his cell phone right at the pemex station, so he gets back.
everyone else parks on the highway shoulder to wait for him, and guess what.....

Ricardo gets a flat tire..

20 min later the flat tire is fixed, so we continue our journey (Alan's broken phone is the only bad thing so far).
Attached Images

" If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself " - Max Ehrmann
Chiapas Ride 2013

Arte screwed with this post 09-30-2008 at 08:32 PM
Arte is offline   Reply With Quote