User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2008, 08:11 AM   #1
R.J. OP
split personality

Oddometer: 1,076
F650GS / F800GS accessories

I just put the GIVI windscreen on my 650twin. Now I'm able to ride at highway speed with my visor up. No buffetting, little noise, great wind protection. I do have the lowered version, and am quite small (5'4"), so I am pretty much right out of the wind. DH is 6'4" and experienced a little buffetting on the top of his helmet when trying this set-up, but nothing annoying. This screen seems to do the job pretty well.

Vario sidecases are here and going on this week. I like the Jesse bags, but I don't want the weight. Most of my off-road riding involves short day trips, so heavier duty cases aren't really justsified. I also purchased a small pelican case as a top-case and will mount it after mounting the side-cases. (I miss the small trunk on old 650. It was handy for carrying a wallet.)

Next up, SW Motech crashbars and bashplate. Still looking for handguards I like.

What accessories do you have? Any comments on how well they work for you?
R.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 04:50 PM   #2
RobTheRigger
Thread Killer

Oddometer: 673
I'm getting the lowered one, too (we short FF gotta stick together!) I'm going with the OEM touring screen for two reasons. 1) I'll add it to my moto loan, and 2) I like the idea of using the support frame as an alternative place to mount a GPS or other farkles. I'll put on some Hellas I have laying around and some fogs, or I might get the IPA dual lights. I have a Stebel on order. Brake res, headlight and chain guards are next. I really want the Adventure-Spec bash plate, crash bars, and Jesse's but $$$$ , so we'll see...
Future mods include a Wunderlich dash with power plug, adding an override switch to run the fan, gauges for temps and amps, adding LED brake lights to my side cases, fork boots, and a Dakar style upper fender when it eventually comes out. I kind of want a Dakar/Adventure inspired 650 twin for all-weather combat commuting and occasional 1-up camping and touring.

edit- The powered dash is by Touratech, NOT Wunderlich
-Rob
I can imagine a no more rewarding career. And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: "I served in the United States Navy." JFK

"I rode a lot of dirt bikes when I was younger, so I trust the chain and sprockets more than that newfangled voodoo shaft stuff!" DolphinJohn

RobTheRigger screwed with this post 10-06-2008 at 02:51 PM
RobTheRigger is offline   Reply With Quote