User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2008, 08:16 AM   #31
Motoriley
Even my posing is virtual

Oddometer: 2,670
There is a F800GS on the showroom floor at MotoInt

No need for a seperate thread since half of Toronto is from Montreal!! My friend just called to tell me he saw the F800GS on display at MotoInter last week. Too bad they are closed on Mondays. I'm scheduled for Feb 15 pick up but the bike should be here in Jan. Don't really care as long as I have it for next summer. Not in a huge hurry since I don't want to pay right away and I'm putting my winter tires on my Ural anyways...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proton
Hello fellow Montrealer!

This should probably either go in a separate thread on 800GS's in Montreal, or in the already existing 800GS in Canada thread but anyway...

What dealer (or should I say which of the two dealers) did you order through?

I got the following stories:

Moto Internationale: there are about ten bikes already on their way, all of which have already been bought. If I ordered a bike last week we were looking at November production for January delivery.

Évasion (Sherbrooke): pretty much the same as Moto Internationale. Any orders placed these days would be November production for 2009 delivery.

Monette: Originally claimed one 800GS was coming in next week (the week of Oct. 6) and was available for purchase if I put a deposit down. This was changed to "we got a memo from BMW saying that the 800GS's would be arriving within 20 days". Apparently all the incoming bikes have the low seat option for some reason, but dealer claimed this could be swapped no problem and at no cost (I am 6'3"). I put a deposit, and hope the 20 day window holds. I'd like to get some riding in this season, but I know this is probably not the right reason on which to base a purchasing decision. Problem is I've been delaying a decision over whether to get a second family car for ages and in the end decided to get a nice bike instead (plus a communauto subscription and metro pass).

Good luck with your order - this thing is turning out the be the freakin' iPhone of bikes... (at first I wondered if posting this info wasn't like giving secrets away to the enemy... but better if we can compare stories to clear up the inevitable confusion!)

P
Website - http://www.apormc.com/
Vids - http://www.youtube.com/user/Motoriley?feature=mhum
Motoriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 08:25 AM   #32
wbrisett
hmmm....

Oddometer: 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarLlama
The blinker system BMW uses takes a bit of getting used to, I have inadvertantly twisted the throttle trying to cancel one or the other and accidentally beeped the horn when trying to hit the left signal, I'm sure once I'm over the learning curve this will become second nature.
Yeah, the turn signal system is a bit different on the BMWs, but I actually like it better than the "normal" system. My biggest problem is going between my Buell and BMW. The first couple of minutes after changing bikes are always a challenge trying to remember where the indicator buttons are.

Congrats on the new ride. Looks like an awesome bike.

Wayne
Old 10-06-2008, 08:44 AM   #33
mrich12000
Canadian traveller VE3CEH

Oddometer: 60
That Toronto BMW bike showroom is the cats ass
New home
Calgary, Alberta
Show your Ham ticket. Support our troops!!
Unauthorized personal will be driven to the detainment centre in Zacharia district and made to look for IED's
mrich12000 is offline   Reply With Quote