Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-20-2008, 05:36 PM   #1
pdedse OP
paraelamigosincero

Oddometer: 1,124
Portland...Puerto Vallarta...???

Last spring I led a group of students to San Miguel de Allende, Mexico and while there rented a KLR650 and did a couple of 3 day weekend rides around the area.

One of the students, Marc, told me about an idea he had to buy a Honda XR650 and ride from Oregon to Puerto Vallarta where he would continue his Spanish studies. I mentioned casually that I'd go along, all I would need is to buy a similar bike.

Fast forward to August and we both had our bikes and there was nothing really preventing our trip from happening. We thought Portland to Baja, take ferry to Mazatlan then to Puerto Vallarta from where I would return home the mainland and he would stay for 3 months.

Nothing to prevent us...except my sister calls out of the blue and tells me she's getting married...right in the middle of my planned trip.

So we move our trip up a week from the 1st of Oct to the 23rd of Sept. but now I don't have time to return to Portland so I make various plans to leave bike in Puerto Vallarta, southern Baja, San Diego, Phoenix. I'm not sure where I'll end of leaving it cause I'm not sure how far I'll get. But Marc has to leave end of Sept or not too late into Oct. so we go forward.

I leave Portland about 12:30 on the 23rd of Sept and meet Marc in Salem. Our first day isn't ambitous as we need only get to Medford in southern Oregon where we'll stay the first night with a friend. An hour later near Eugune our trip nearly ends...

(no photos yet, my camera decides to quit working from the get go, and later I lose it, but pics coming soon)
pdedse is online now   Reply With Quote