ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-13-2008, 05:12 PM   #23
luv2race
Confused

Oddometer: 2,318
I had a great time guys and it was cool meeting a few new inmates. Now I know why I don't go to LA in the afternoon on a bike, splitting lanes SUCK. Good thing I was only pushed onto the shoulder twice from the idiots out there. However, I will join you guys on a Saturday or a Sunday Church ride with Reverend Razr soon
Over 16 1/2 hours on the bike and 300 miles. I had a feeling we were in for a long cold night and I was not disappointed. I left the house at 4:10 pm and got to the Shell Station about 5:30ish. Fun ride to Newcombs for some tasty carne asada tacos. Thanks Cathy! Too bad for you that it wasn't the current rate $40 vs $16 It seemed like the temp dropped at least 10 degrees during dinner, because it was cold!

I couldn't even begin to tell you what trails we were on, so you'll have to wait until the locals chime in. I took a few photos but this Olympus camera is weak and not worthy. Sorry for the quality, but you should be able to make out some of these pretty faces!

In the Mills Creek parking lot.

It doesn't get much fuller, closer and brighter then this! What a beautiful evening for a ride!

After a cold 55mph(+) ride from LA to the OC at 4 am, we met up with Jim and Jeff at the Maple Springs gate who were kind enough to have ice cold Heinekens waiting, even though I could have used a huge warm coffee or cocoa. This is our first stop 1/2 way up. By the looks of the clear sky, we were in for a beautiful sunrise, right?

Wrong, this is "sunrise" Cold, wet, and foggy. Riding up, you could not see 20' in front of you.
Note the last of the evenings ice cold adult beverages

I had thermal pants, a riding shirt, thermal shirt, jacket and liner, thin hood under the helmet and I was still cold. My cheecks were so cold they were bright red but I would do it again in a heartbeat. Final tally, 300 miles. Had fun, thanks all for a fun, fast, and safe ride and we'll see you again!
Later.............