User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2009, 08:19 AM   #1
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Oddometer: 761
REV'IT! 2009 Winter Gloves First Look

Like many of the inmates here at ADVRider, at RevZilla Motorsports we are big REV'IT! fans. So I want to take the opportunity to introduce some of the new 2009 gear and we will start with the TEMPEST Glove.

Just last month, the first nuggets of the 2009 lineup arrived in the form of the Tempest and Kelvin Gloves which are cold weather oriented and evolved from the groundwork which was laid by the Farenheit Glove a few seasons back.

It seems like REV'IT! is shooting to create a premier product in the Cold Weather Category, just like they did with the Cayenne Pro for 4-Season ADV riding and with the Turbine for hot weather. It's a trend which will only be further cemented with the arrival of the rest of the 09 lineup.

You can buy them and find the full product description at RevZilla.com: REV'IT! Tempest Glove

I have been loving them in the Philadelphia winter riding season thus far. My favorite feature is the added "feel" provided by the much thinner ExKin insulation, these gloves are light!

Notable features for the Tempest:

ExKin - Maximum insulation with minimal wieght - ExKin material is used in several of the high-end REV'IT! products. ExKin provides to have half the thickness / weight and four times the warmth of previous materials used for liners
SuperFabric - Tiny cermaic scales embedded within a textile, SuperFabric is used on high impact areas (fingertips, knuckles, back of hand) with abrasion resistance greater than kevlar by orders of magnitude. SuperFrabric is also used on the Cayenne Pro Jacket and Infinity Suit. Read more at http://superfabric.com
Shoeller PCM - PCM is a membrane built into the liner of the glove which regulates hand temperature by the constant absorbtion and release of excess heat. Its a very cool chemical process which essentially acts as a thermostat for the gloves

WBW just posted their full rundown on the glove as well. Review Here

Here are some shots.

The whole Tempest gallery is here - Tempest Flickr Set

If anyone has any questions I will be sure to answer as quickly as I can.

Happy new year folks!

Anthony

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R

BoochZilla screwed with this post 02-11-2009 at 01:33 PM
BoochZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 12:36 PM   #2
DirtyBiker
Roads are to explore

Oddometer: 366
I have a pair and I love them

I have a pair and I use them with my DRZ400S wo/heated grips & R1200GS w/heated grips. In both cases these gloves keep me very warm on both bikes especially the finger tips especially for being so thin. Granted I only ride in 40 and above weather but out of all of the winter gloves I have (Olympia, Joe Rocket, etc) these have become my favorite.

They wear small so consider buying one size bigger then usual.
DirtyBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 08:49 AM   #3
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Oddometer: 761
Hi Dirty,

You make a great point with relation to all of the REV'IT! gloves. They all run about a size small. I wear a Large in all my gloves. I am 5'10" / 175lb with average hands. I wear an XL in my Tempests, Monsters and R59's.

For the record my Tempests performed very well w/o heated grips riding in the 30's in Philadelphia this winter. I was impressed. The PCM heat storing membrane really does a nice job. They are pricey though.

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyBiker
I have a pair and I use them with my DRZ400S wo/heated grips & R1200GS w/heated grips. In both cases these gloves keep me very warm on both bikes especially the finger tips especially for being so thin. Granted I only ride in 40 and above weather but out of all of the winter gloves I have (Olympia, Joe Rocket, etc) these have become my favorite.

They wear small so consider buying one size bigger then usual.

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
BoochZilla is offline   Reply With Quote