ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-04-2009, 05:35 AM   #481
bluesman
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Hoegaarden, Belgium
Oddometer: 3,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabroka

Hope you like the pics ;)
OH MY GOD!!!! Like? Like? I am going to dream about getting there now!!!

You are so so lucky to be able to reach such incredibly beatiful places without having to ship your bike overseas.....


Congratulations with DR BTW :)
bluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 07:56 AM   #482
ppe172
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Oddometer: 169
Ladder106,

I am in Canada and I can get parts through my local Suzuki dealer. I usually give them the part number which I get from the cmsnl site that Bluesman posted. This is the page for the '88 DR750:

http://www.cmsnl.com/suzuki-dr750-19...269/partslist/

You could try that at your dealer as well. It may be though that since they didn't sell them in the U.S. that they can't/won't order the parts. I have had to order from England when Suzuki Canada couldn't get something (only valves so far). I have noticed that parts generally seem to be cheaper when ordered from Canada than the prices posted on cmsnl (taking the Euro conversion into account).

Ed
ppe172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 09:03 AM   #483
jabroka
Gnarly Adventurer
 
jabroka's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Oddometer: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppe172
Ladder106,

I am in Canada and I can get parts through my local Suzuki dealer. I usually give them the part number which I get from the cmsnl site that Bluesman posted. This is the page for the '88 DR750:

http://www.cmsnl.com/suzuki-dr750-19...269/partslist/

You could try that at your dealer as well. It may be though that since they didn't sell them in the U.S. that they can't/won't order the parts. I have had to order from England when Suzuki Canada couldn't get something (only valves so far). I have noticed that parts generally seem to be cheaper when ordered from Canada than the prices posted on cmsnl (taking the Euro conversion into account).

Ed
Hi ppe172.. do you know if your dealer has a website? i buy parts for my gixxer and other bikes on USA all the time (the company i work for has an office in miami that recieve my stuff and foward them to me) couse they are way cheaper than here un Buenos Aires, but there are almost no parts for DR800 in USA.. maybe the canadian dealer you talk about can send parts to USA, it must be way cheaper that importing them from Europe..
jabroka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 09:09 AM   #484
ppe172
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Oddometer: 169
Jabroka,

This is the dealer I use:

http://www.wheelsport.on.ca/

I don't know if they can get DR800 parts as only the 750 was sold in Canada but you can ask them.
ppe172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 09:23 AM   #485
jabroka
Gnarly Adventurer
 
jabroka's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Oddometer: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppe172
Jabroka,

This is the dealer I use:

http://www.wheelsport.on.ca/

I don't know if they can get DR800 parts as only the 750 was sold in Canada but you can ask them.
oh.. i didnt know that.. ill ask anyway.. now im only looking for a K&N air filter, i asked on several K&N dealers in USA and they didnt have any and couldnt get either..
jabroka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 09:37 AM   #486
Ladder106
It's a short cut, really
 
Ladder106's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: Davis, CA
Oddometer: 4,833
Hey Jabroka,

Did you get to see any of this years Dakar? Thought you might since your in Buenos Aires.
Ladder106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 10:03 AM   #487
jabroka
Gnarly Adventurer
 
jabroka's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Oddometer: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladder106
Hey Jabroka,

Did you get to see any of this years Dakar? Thought you might since your in Buenos Aires.
yesss.. it was amazing.. there is so many people, money, effort involved in that race..its incredible..

i saw the start at the Obelisco and we went to Cordoba (about 800km from Bs.As) to see the last stage..

the ability of top riders is unveliebable.. always to the limit of crashing.. when they appear on a corner you think "he wont make it, he wont turn at that speed, ist impossible "

and in some way they do it..

also there is a lot of people just trying to finish.. going much slower.. waving at the crowd.. just enjoying the ride

i met really nice people.. i helped a racer that had an oil leakage (gave him a litre of motul 5100 ) and helped a few tu jump start their bikes after a fall.. it was very exciting to be there, help the racers, met people from all over the world.. one of my best experiences so far..

hope they race here again next year..
jabroka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 10:36 AM   #488
Ladder106
It's a short cut, really
 
Ladder106's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: Davis, CA
Oddometer: 4,833
Was it a Yamaha rider? I remember reading that one of the Yamaha guys had an oil leak and had to beg oil from the people on the course. He finished the stage with almost no oil left in the engine.

Did you have extra oil because you were riding your DR Big? It seems from my reading that carrying some oil on longer trips is a wise thing to do.

It's nice to be part of helping somone finish like that. That race seem to always be full of stories that involve spectator participation. That's one of the things that make it so interesting, stories with stories.
Ladder106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 11:44 AM   #489
jabroka
Gnarly Adventurer
 
jabroka's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Oddometer: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladder106
Was it a Yamaha rider? I remember reading that one of the Yamaha guys had an oil leak and had to beg oil from the people on the course. He finished the stage with almost no oil left in the engine.

Did you have extra oil because you were riding your DR Big? It seems from my reading that carrying some oil on longer trips is a wise thing to do.

It's nice to be part of helping somone finish like that. That race seem to always be full of stories that involve spectator participation. That's one of the things that make it so interesting, stories with stories.

no i didnt have my Dr yet.. i borrowed a DR 650 RS , from a friend and there was a bottle of oil in the trunk.. he was a yamaha rider from norway if i remember correctly. . but i dont know if it was the same guy you read about.. the motor had a decent crack on one of the covers and it was leaking oil like crazy.i doubt he finished that stage..
jabroka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 09:00 AM   #490
jabroka
Gnarly Adventurer
 
jabroka's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Oddometer: 338
does anyone know the keyster carb rebuild kit part number for a 1993 dr800? ive been searching online and some say k-583 and some k-584.. anyone knows for sure?

thanks..
jabroka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 05:48 AM   #491
WHS
Adventurer
 
WHS's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: South Africa
Oddometer: 11
Carb probs on '90 DR 800s

Hi guys

Just got back from my local Suzuki dealership where my beloved DR is having some work done. They showed me the inside of my carbs. They are absolutely shot. Basically every part that can wear is completely worn out.
I suppose that's about right fro 76000 kilometers and 19 years of hard work.

They are completely stumped as to what to do as suzuki no longer stocks the bits & they have no idea what other carbs to use.

Any advice or suggestions would be gratefully received

regards
WHS
sunny South Africa
WHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 10:45 AM   #492
Megamoto
Yes, I do look like this.
 
Megamoto's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: You know...I think I've been here before.
Oddometer: 2,788
Try Hessler motosport.

http://www.hessler-motorsport.de/sho...php?cPath=6_39
__________________
Guerrilla Moto diplomacy.
Higher level simians as ambassadors of vroom to skewer ignorance and amalgamate ideas globally.

I'm so happy I could whistle through my willie. (Dan Walsh)

Per Ardua ad Astra
Megamoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 12:13 PM   #493
Dino3310
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: waikato gravel and sand
Oddometer: 672
our site guru Bluesman might be able to tell you what model number mikuni to use.
my 88 750 is 2x mikuni bst33ss
Dino3310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 03:44 PM   #494
bluesman
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Hoegaarden, Belgium
Oddometer: 3,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHS
Hi guys

Just got back from my local Suzuki dealership where my beloved DR is having some work done. They showed me the inside of my carbs. They are absolutely shot. Basically every part that can wear is completely worn out.
I suppose that's about right fro 76000 kilometers and 19 years of hard work.

They are completely stumped as to what to do as suzuki no longer stocks the bits & they have no idea what other carbs to use.

Any advice or suggestions would be gratefully received

regards
WHS
sunny South Africa

Well, I am not that much of guru, but...

Aprillia Pegaso (first one, with Rotax motor)
Beemer F650 (first one, with Rotax too)
Suzuki GS500 (pre-2001)
Same carbs.

eBay is your friend :) I assume we talking DR800 or is it DR750?
bluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 03:46 PM   #495
bluesman
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Hoegaarden, Belgium
Oddometer: 3,144
Yeah, one more thing. Suzuki DOES stock parts. I buy my parts in nearest local Suzuki shop no probs.
Alternative - www.cmsnl.com. But comparing to GS500 (pre-2001) carbs it is expensive.
bluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014