Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional Forums > Australia
User Name
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-13-2009, 10:58 PM   #11
Intl. Lady of Leisure
SharonVespaGirl's Avatar
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Vespaland (a.k.a. Hobart)
Oddometer: 111
Originally Posted by fooledagain
Is any sort of license required?
In SA, as well as WA, NT, and Qld, you can ride a 50cc scooter on a car licence. In every state except WA (I think), that 50cc scooter is limited to 50km/hr top speed. In WA it's limited to 60 instead.

Some scooter riders think they don't need proper protective clothing - just like leather vest/T-shirt/ordinary jeans wearing Harley riders, and those sport bike riders I've seen in singlet and thongs; even Croc shoes! It's their skin, so it's up to them. They obviously trust car drivers more than I do. I'm not their mother, so I don't give a shit.
SharonVespaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2015