Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2009, 01:17 PM   #691
bluesman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,198
I do not know what to say - 2 fellow DRBigger bidding against each other...not sure what to say...good luck to you both?

Anyway, guys, seriously. You can get DR in Germany for fair price in good order, I can help you as I can - you can stay at my place and I can help you to overhaul bike in my garage before driving to UK. I mean - if situation will be desperate. I live 50 minutes from Germany and it will not be first time we did such thing (my friend live in UK and buying cars in Germany often for himself - he is car freak kinda)
So, let's hope everyone get what he needs :)
bluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 01:47 PM   #692
Letsgo21
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesman
I do not know what to say - 2 fellow DRBigger bidding against each other...not sure what to say...good luck to you both?

Anyway, guys, seriously. You can get DR in Germany for fair price in good order, I can help you as I can - you can stay at my place and I can help you to overhaul bike in my garage before driving to UK. I mean - if situation will be desperate. I live 50 minutes from Germany and it will not be first time we did such thing (my friend live in UK and buying cars in Germany often for himself - he is car freak kinda)
So, let's hope everyone get what he needs :)
Wouldnt mind that either, i got mine there to, i'm ready to help out.
Old 03-02-2009, 01:57 PM   #693
RaY YreKa
I Am the Mayor

Oddometer: 16,136
That is such a kind offer guys; let's see how this auction unfolds
IBA #40578

shine on, you crazy emo diamond
RaY YreKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 02:32 PM   #694
morse
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 236
Hi again.

I've had some good advice from here. Now I have new starter clutch and overhauled carbies. Started her up just the other day. Sounded nice. Ran just a bit lean, but i think I can get it right by adjusting mixture screws.
Wich would be a good setting to start adjusting mixture from? 2.5 turns out??

NB!!! Maybe anyone has a pair of tank crashbars to sell to me? I havent' found a singel offer from ebay in a few weeks now. I live in Estonia (yes it's European Union some guys still don't know it). Send a PM to me, please.

Morse
morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 02:52 PM   #695
RaY YreKa
I Am the Mayor

Oddometer: 16,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by morse
Hi again.

I've had some good advice from here. Now I have new starter clutch and overhauled carbies. Started her up just the other day. Sounded nice. Ran just a bit lean, but i think I can get it right by adjusting mixture screws.
Wich would be a good setting to start adjusting mixture from? 2.5 turns out??

NB!!! Maybe anyone has a pair of tank crashbars to sell to me? I havent' found a singel offer from ebay in a few weeks now. I live in Estonia (yes it's European Union some guys still don't know it). Send a PM to me, please.

Morse
There is a set on ebay right now, if that's any help.
IBA #40578

shine on, you crazy emo diamond
RaY YreKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 03:36 PM   #696
Ladder106
It's a short cut, really

Oddometer: 4,876
Fantastic photos, Nave,

For years I've been dreaming about riding Africa. With the current state of the world, I'm thinking that Israel would be both a lot nicer and much safer for Americanos.
Ladder106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 11:02 PM   #697
nave
Nave

Oddometer: 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladder106
Fantastic photos, Nave,

For years I've been dreaming about riding Africa. With the current state of the world, I'm thinking that Israel would be both a lot nicer and much safer for Americanos.
hey, you'r most welcome!
for any tips or a place to stay ...I'm here.
nave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:50 AM   #698
MCmad OP
Banned

Oddometer: 7,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by uberthumper
inspiring pics Nave. Especially like this one - really shows the scale of the environment .

Keep them coming. I for one won't get tired of looking at them.
Yep that ones a Goody where are all the people?
No wonder you need a 800 to get around there
Bluesman might have the technical thing going on but boy nave do you have the pic thing happenning.
I still cant get my head around how to get pics on now ( would help if I tried early in the day I usely almost asleep by the time I get here)

I pulled my clutch cover of because clutch was a bit lerchy on take up if I slipped it to much, ive found a small steel fileing in fibre plate that had scored steel plate so I think that may have been problem we will see, any other thoughts on this ??
MCmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:54 AM   #699
bluesman
Beastly Adventurer

I'd throw away all my technical knowledge of DR for being able to ride like Nave and ride places he rides.
Belgium is hopeless. Every greenlane ride potentially means huge fines and license loss. I am getting desperate and riding on tractor roads between farmer's fields behind my house. I really feel so down about it, I almost given up any hope I will ever be able to improve my offroad riding skills.
Old 03-03-2009, 01:40 AM   #700
nave
Nave

Oddometer: 352
Quote:
I'd throw away all my technical knowledge of DR for being able to ride like Nave and ride places he rides.
Belgium is hopeless. Every greenlane ride potentially means huge fines and license loss. I am getting desperate and riding on tractor roads between farmer's fields behind my house. I really feel so down about it, I almost given up any hope I will ever be able to improve my offroad riding skills.
get your bike on a ferry and come visit!!!
i did it 10 years ago, pack the wife (then a girl friend ) and the bike for one month in greece. one of the best trips i had!!!

I like these better...

A glancing of greece:
scaned photos :(

nave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 01:44 AM   #701
ztaj
jatz

Oddometer: 879
800rider, are you going to the King counry ride, ANZac w/end ?

Here's some more pics. Just 'cause I can

Birds Clearing, Golden bay,
Thats the missus on her XT 600

[IMG][/IMG]

Leaving Birds Clearing

[IMG][/IMG]

Anatori river, Golden Bay

[IMG][/IMG]

Sandhills Creek, Golden Bay

[IMG][/IMG]

Aorere Goldfields

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Aorere Goldfields, My first ever offroad ride,Thats the missus bike. I had a ninja 250 and a learners licence

[IMG][/IMG]

Exploring, West Coast of South Isl

[IMG][/IMG]

Just seen your latest pics Nave, Must be great having so much country to explore, we only have 2 small islands. Europe would be a blast
ztaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 01:51 AM   #702
MCmad OP
Banned

Oddometer: 7,842
Quote:
ARRR the grass is always greener or in naves case the desert is always browner on the other side, Funny I never think of my DR as a dirt bike (I have one off those though) But more of a excellent tite roads bike as a fellow fireblade rider noted the other day as I keep climbing over his back wheel in and out off corners he had to cheet and us a bit of his 170 odd Hp to keep me at bay but when we went the wrong way on another ride and ended up on a 20k stretch of metal road a poor ZX12 rider nearly Died while the DR just chuckled a little and pressed on tail waging in most of the turns , that pretty much sums it up for me, O and my DRZ mates winge about how hard the 800 storms out of the corners, you gota have some fun in life A
I discovered the other day that riding them like a motard seems to work best, foot out at anything up to about 120k corners,

Nite Nite

PS, ztaj, King Country Ride Hmmm more details please

MCmad screwed with this post 03-03-2009 at 01:57 AM
MCmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 02:18 AM   #703
robmoto
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,800
pictures

I am having a great time watching this site good work everyone will get photos of my bike soon when some one will show me how to do it i have only a laptop and very basic computor skills chears. don,t even no how to get the little yellow faces in here or how to start a new line sorry.
robmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 02:58 AM   #704
bluesman
Beastly Adventurer

Here is how you can do it:
1. Go to for example www.photobucket.com
2. Register there and using instructions when registered upload your pictures.
3. Every picture then will have URL (link) for it. Select it and press Ctrl and C. That will copy it to clipboard
4. Go to ADVridder forum, reply to tread you want to, in new message window you will see above field where you type message an icon that looks like 2 mountains/cones ans sun on yellow sky.
5. Click that icon, paste (Ctrl and V) URL/link to photo, it will insert photo into message. Submit message. And that's it. Picture will show in your message.
Old 03-03-2009, 03:16 AM   #705
bluesman
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 800rider
ARRR the grass is always greener or in naves case the desert is always browner on the other side, Funny I never think of my DR as a dirt bike (I have one off those though) But more of a excellent tite roads bike as a fellow fireblade rider noted the other day as I keep climbing over his back wheel in and out off corners he had to cheet and us a bit of his 170 odd Hp to keep me at bay but when we went the wrong way on another ride and ended up on a 20k stretch of metal road a poor ZX12 rider nearly Died while the DR just chuckled a little and pressed on tail waging in most of the turns , that pretty much sums it up for me, O and my DRZ mates winge about how hard the 800 storms out of the corners, you gota have some fun in life A
I discovered the other day that riding them like a motard seems to work best, foot out at anything up to about 120k corners,

Nite Nite

PS, ztaj, King Country Ride Hmmm more details please
You right, I am about to emerge on road-riding side of DR big time - got 17" rims as second wheels set :)
But reason I got DR - I bit tired watching for speedcams on every corner, had to go dual-sport. But it is wrong country. All of my close friends back in Ukraine totally into offroading now too, but they have places to go.

I need to do what Nave said - start going to far countries for offroading. I still plan to ride Iceland coast to coast on my DR, but must wait to put some money aside.
I've done by now about 30-40 000 km of "floor it" rideouts in France on small and canyon roads mainly with my VTR and Hornet, some Germany, Netherlands, Switzerland - but I am getting into trouble with police. Everywhere in Western europe it's "tightened up". On higways (leave alone in towns and cities) in tiny Belgium this year 43 cameras were installed. "Walls closing" - latest is France and Germany signed treaty with Belgium to exchange info on speeders, e.g. fine is inevitable no matter where you got "photoshoot". Supermotard is becoming only "pocket/licence harmless" way of enjoying twisties.

Rant mode off :) back to work :)