ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-03-2009, 03:21 AM   #706
nave
Nave
 
nave's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Israel
Oddometer: 352
keep on uploading!!!

Birds Clearing, Golden bay,
Thats the missus on her XT 600

Leaving Birds Clearing


Anatori river, Golden Bay

[IMG][/IMG]

Sandhills Creek, Golden Bay


Just seen your latest pics Nave, Must be great having so much country to explore, we only have 2 small islands. Europe would be a blast[/quote]

great pix!!! love the one above the most!!!
and also love 4x4

"so much country"
but unlike europe we can go offroad almost anywhere!
many places you can go only on week ends because they are army training zone...

(the area of "Shadmot Devora" is where i took the pix of Mount Tavor)


zz

that's my old man in his old Jeep...

nave screwed with this post 03-23-2009 at 08:06 AM
nave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 03:27 AM   #707
Letsgo21
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Letsgo21's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Hannut,Belgium
Oddometer: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesman
You right, I am about to emerge on road-riding side of DR big time - got 17" rims as second wheels set :)
But reason I got DR - I bit tired watching for speedcams on every corner, had to go dual-sport. But it is wrong country. All of my close friends back in Ukraine totally into offroading now too, but they have places to go.

I need to do what Nave said - start going to far countries for offroading. I still plan to ride Iceland coast to coast on my DR, but must wait to put some money aside.
I've done by now about 30-40 000 km of "floor it" rideouts in France on small and canyon roads mainly with my VTR and Hornet, some Germany, Netherlands, Switzerland - but I am getting into trouble with police. Everywhere in Western europe it's "tightened up". On higways (leave alone in towns and cities) in tiny Belgium this year 43 cameras were installed. "Walls closing" - latest is France and Germany signed treaty with Belgium to exchange info on speeders, e.g. fine is inevitable no matter where you got "photoshoot". Supermotard is becoming only "pocket/licence harmless" way of enjoying twisties.

Rant mode off :) back to work :)
Haha ,we do live in 'a politically correct country'.........that sucks bigtime!...
Exactly the reason i bought my DR. The moment i'm getting some money aside, i'll ride eastern europe, but till then it'll be my roadbike to, wich i don't mind offcourse
__________________
The blues is the soundtrack to reality
Letsgo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 04:09 AM   #708
mousitsas
Beastly Adventurer
 
mousitsas's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Athens, Greece
Oddometer: 2,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Letsgo21
Haha ,we do live in 'a politically correct country'.........that sucks bigtime!...
Exactly the reason i bought my DR. The moment i'm getting some money aside, i'll ride eastern europe, but till then it'll be my roadbike to, wich i don't mind offcourse
Dont forget greece too, its an offroad heaven
mousitsas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 04:34 AM   #709
robmoto
Beastly Adventurer
 
robmoto's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Australia
Oddometer: 3,788
pictures

Thanks Bluesman for help so far but do nt no how to get photos on to the computor from SD card Iam useless at this stuff and ask my freind when he comes saturday we are going for a days ride on our dr 650 se I have my 800 striped back to bear frame and just painted bottom triple clamp and regreased headstock bearings and pollished chrome frame triple clamp is of a KTM I bought new bar risers,pollished alloy extreme bars, fat grips and alloy bar ends just for this it cost me 280 dollars australian,I have ordered new cam and rockers swing arm front chain guide the bit that raps arround, pluss over all gasket set still waiting from suzuki to see if they can get it for me it has been 6 weeks, I am taking photos as I do things so will keep everyone posted pluss I ordered new oil cooler and oil lines thanks again.
robmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 04:34 AM   #710
ztaj
jatz
 
ztaj's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Nelson-ish New Zealand
Oddometer: 852
Quote:
Originally Posted by 800rider

PS, ztaj, King Country Ride Hmmm more details please
This one.........http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/ca...=2009-4-25&c=1

I did pull out but am thinking I might just have to go. I need a holiday anyway
I'll know in a couple of weeks
ztaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 04:40 AM   #711
robmoto
Beastly Adventurer
 
robmoto's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Australia
Oddometer: 3,788
watch out

Nave keep away from that Gasa Strip dr 800 to hard to replace ha ha
robmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 05:03 AM   #712
ztaj
jatz
 
ztaj's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Nelson-ish New Zealand
Oddometer: 852
Quote:
Originally Posted by robmoto
Thanks Bluesman for help so far but do nt no how to get photos on to the computor from SD card Iam useless at this stuff and ask my freind when he comes saturday we are going for a days ride on our dr 650 se I have my 800 striped back to bear frame and just painted bottom triple clamp and regreased headstock bearings and pollished chrome frame triple clamp is of a KTM I bought new bar risers,pollished alloy extreme bars, fat grips and alloy bar ends just for this it cost me 280 dollars australian,I have ordered new cam and rockers swing arm front chain guide the bit that raps arround, pluss over all gasket set still waiting from suzuki to see if they can get it for me it has been 6 weeks, I am taking photos as I do things so will keep everyone posted pluss I ordered new oil cooler and oil lines thanks again.
I'll be interested to see if you can get a gasket set from Suzuki, I didn't have any trouble getting a couple of gaskets for mine.But one day I may need a full set
Picture Help........
If you click on "Computer"in the start menu after plugging in your SD card you will see some icons. 1 of these will have SD card in the title. Double click on it and some folders will appear.
Open these untill you find your pictures.
Now "minimize" that screen
Go back to the "Start" menu and open "Pictures"
In there may be a folder called "Sample pictures".....Ignore it.
Now right click any where in the white part of the screen and a box will appear, move your cursor down it and select "New" a wee box will apear and at the top will be "Folder", click on that.
A new folder will appear with the name of it highlighted in blue, just type in the name you want to call that folder i.e BIKE. and press enter.
Now double click on that folder and it will open.
If it opens then minimize it.
Now it starts to get tricky
Go down to your tool bar at the bottom of the screen and click on the button/icon that says SD card, it's the first one you minimized, It should pop up and fill the screen.
Now put the cursor over the picture you want to transfer to the computer and right click on it. A box will appear, and in that box will be an option "COPY", click on that.
Now click on the tool bar button Bike, the folder you made earlier. It should pop up and fill the screen.
Now Right click anwhere in that screen and a box will appear, in that box will be an option "PASTE"
Click on that and you should be in business.

If this doesn't work then
ztaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 05:46 AM   #713
nave
Nave
 
nave's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Israel
Oddometer: 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by robmoto
Nave keep away from that Gasa Strip dr 800 to hard to replace ha ha
nave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 09:23 AM   #714
MCmad OP
Banned
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Oddometer: 7,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by robmoto
I am having a great time watching this site good work everyone will get photos of my bike soon when some one will show me how to do it i have only a laptop and very basic computor skills chears. don,t even no how to get the little yellow faces in here or how to start a new line sorry.
I Know how you feel rob, If you got the time you can learn I just dont have much of that
MCmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 09:32 AM   #715
MCmad OP
Banned
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Oddometer: 7,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesman
You right, I am about to emerge on road-riding side of DR big time - got 17" rims as second wheels set :)
But reason I got DR - I bit tired watching for speedcams on every corner, had to go dual-sport. But it is wrong country. All of my close friends back in Ukraine totally into offroading now too, but they have places to go.

I need to do what Nave said - start going to far countries for offroading. I still plan to ride Iceland coast to coast on my DR, but must wait to put some money aside.
I've done by now about 30-40 000 km of "floor it" rideouts in France on small and canyon roads mainly with my VTR and Hornet, some Germany, Netherlands, Switzerland - but I am getting into trouble with police. Everywhere in Western europe it's "tightened up". On higways (leave alone in towns and cities) in tiny Belgium this year 43 cameras were installed. "Walls closing" - latest is France and Germany signed treaty with Belgium to exchange info on speeders, e.g. fine is inevitable no matter where you got "photoshoot". Supermotard is becoming only "pocket/licence harmless" way of enjoying twisties.

Rant mode off :) back to work :)
So True we have same issues in NZ Ive already lost my liscence for 28days once this year ( in my wifes people mover of all things at 150kph) And I have now set myself a n open road 130kph speed restriction and to be quite Honest the DR suits that quite well but man I have to work hard in the corners to keep up with the guys that go over that ( nearly all of them)
Yep 100% think the DR:s are becoming real world bikes, if you want to go 200kph everwhere now days youl be heading strait for jail and bankrupsy
MCmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 09:43 AM   #716
MCmad OP
Banned
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Oddometer: 7,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztaj
This one.........http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/ca...=2009-4-25&c=1

I did pull out but am thinking I might just have to go. I need a holiday anyway
I'll know in a couple of weeks
That sounds like a possibility I know I can do the first day and I see dinnos in
430ks of mostly metal roads sound like me and the comments about the fast pace , arr shux how will I cope
MCmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 09:51 AM   #717
RaY YreKa
I Am the Mayor
 
RaY YreKa's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: YreKa BaKery
Oddometer: 16,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by robmoto
Nave keep away from that Gasa Strip dr 800 to hard to replace ha ha
rob, fill out your profile so we know where you are from etc
__________________
IBA #40578

shine on, you crazy emo diamond
RaY YreKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:21 AM   #718
NORTH RIDER
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: THUNDER BAY,ONT CANADA
Oddometer: 726
my dr big

i got my bike today and have to say what a piece of trash. i can not believe that a seller would be this dishonest. it is truly trashed,for the price. i would post pics but i am too depressed. 31 days without a beer ,i think the streak will be broken tonight .i need to drown my sorrows



north rider
NORTH RIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:32 AM   #719
NORTH RIDER
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: THUNDER BAY,ONT CANADA
Oddometer: 726
can someone post a pic

i need to see the handlebars and front brake set up on A 1988 DR BIG 750 . CAN ANY ONE POST A PIC ,MY FRONT BRAKE LINE IS " UNUSUAL". my decompression lever does not seem to work either.maybe broken cable.

thanks

north rider
NORTH RIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:41 AM   #720
RaY YreKa
I Am the Mayor
 
RaY YreKa's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: YreKa BaKery
Oddometer: 16,131
Really sorry to hear that NR
__________________
IBA #40578

shine on, you crazy emo diamond
RaY YreKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014