Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2009, 01:49 PM   #16
ARod2000
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 443
Seems he's made some progress on fulfilling orders. I got mine about a month ago and have them on my Husky WR250. What a difference. Very noticeable. Hadn't even thought of putting them on the big bike but I may move the front over to the 990.
ARod2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 02:54 PM   #17
RXV_Poor
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 446
I had 1 of the first generations. Work well once then they didn't reseal. 1 of them wouldn't even seal from the factory. They did standby their product and shipped me new replacements.

I haven't had time to try them yet.
07 KTM 525EXC
07 Aprilia RXV 550
AMA, BLC, D36, IMBA, STM
Disclaimer:

I'm impulsive, hard headed and sometimes really stupid. Please do not take anything I say or do as a "correct thing" or a "fix" as it could be harmful to your wallet or person.
RXV_Poor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 05:50 PM   #18
Yzlvr
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 843
New shipment coming in in a couple of weeks. The 18" are available, but they are only fitting a 1.65" front, or 2.15 rear rim. They said maybe later this year for a 2.5" rim. Also not dot rated.
Yzlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 07:14 PM   #19
Katoomer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,476
Tubliss? A couple of questions for CJ

Hey CJ! How's tricks?.....loving my rack with the new TT panniers. Blockout plates look cool too! I'm thinking of installing the tubliss system on my SE. Doug at Alaska Leather is giving them a try on his ATK 604.....kind of pilot testing them for me. Once I see his report, I'll probably spring for a set too.

Just wondering if you had to drill another hole for the inner bladder? Would I be able to use the rim lock hole instead? I've mounted up a set of TKCs for some on and off-road duty. Had the Dunlops but wanted to get a few more miles out of them. I'm going for a more hard-edged adventure touring mount.

Keep us posted.

Katoomer (a.k.a. Larmo)

Katoomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 08:51 AM   #20
cjracer
AWD please!!

Oddometer: 3,951
The A60 Excel has two 8mm holes in it stock. I opened one up to 10mm for the Rim lock/Air fill stud.

Mine sealed up no problem, I did a test last night.

I aired the tire up to 38psi. and slowing aired down the bladder. When I got to about 80psi air started leaking around the seal. Aired it back up and it stopped....just like it should. These are not d o t approved, but I like living on the edge and trying new things at my own risk. We'll see how it holds up and I'll keep you posted.

Wild bike you have there Katoomer, nice job.
cjracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 09:20 AM   #21
hollywood_72
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 412
Cool idea, but I can buy a lot of tubes (even HD tubes) for the cost this system. And what happens when you get a nail or the like that punctures the inter tube that’s pumped up to 110psi?

Kennedy
hollywood_72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 09:50 AM   #22
Johnf3
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood_72
Cool idea, but I can buy a lot of tubes (even HD tubes) for the cost this system. And what happens when you get a nail or the like that punctures the inter tube that’s pumped up to 110psi?

Kennedy
If the inner tube punctures, you're SOL. That's the reason I can't convert my dirt bikes over to this system. Not that we have nails on our trails, but have you ever seen a mesquite thorn? It's common for those to be several inches in length and they will make short work of the inner tube in the Tubliss system, I suspect.

I'll stick with the tried and true regular tube/liquid sealant combo for now. Really the only choice for thorn country, besides Mousse inserts.

Otherwise, the Tubliss sustem is the way to go, especially if you are running heavy duty tubes to prevent pinch flats. The tubliss system will save you a couple of pounds of unsprung weight, which is nice.
Johnf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:09 PM   #23
homerj
742 Evergreen Terrace

Oddometer: 4,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjracer View Post
The A60 Excel has two 8mm holes in it stock. I opened one up to 10mm for the Rim lock/Air fill stud.

Mine sealed up no problem, I did a test last night.

I aired the tire up to 38psi. and slowing aired down the bladder. When I got to about 80psi air started leaking around the seal. Aired it back up and it stopped....just like it should. These are not d o t approved, but I like living on the edge and trying new things at my own risk. We'll see how it holds up and I'll keep you posted.

Wild bike you have there Katoomer, nice job.
How are you liking the tubliss? I'm trying to decide between this and running mousse on an Adv but I dont' really like that solution for dualsporting. And I don't want to have to buy a second front rim (1 for commuting, 1 for dirt riding)

What sort of pressures are you guys running? Is there any special prep necessary for such a heavy bike?
Old 01-21-2013, 06:10 AM   #24
genghis9021
Arak Connoisseur

Oddometer: 236
Tubliss

Yes !

I'm a big fan.

There were a few speed bumps - the initial rim lock had a raised bolt head that could (and did for me, twice) impact the tire on extreme impacts (like a sharp-edged pothole at 40 MPH) causing the tire carcass to be pierced.

This has been addressed by a new forged rim lock that is actually scalloped allowing the tire to compress much more AND not hit against anything solid (yeah the rim does that impact now . . . )

I've found changing tires easy (once I learned the Armor-All trick) and the tire performance and wear has been incredible. My Karoo2's used to be good for a maximum of 4500 miles and last 6500+ miles, now.

Tubes are awful and right behind chains on my hate list. But at least chains have an upside - modifying gear ratios.

Orange, it's the new black Tour.
genghis9021 is online now   Reply With Quote