ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2009, 06:14 PM   #1
TIGERRIDER007 OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 701
Thumb Riders Roost/Wilkesboro NC area riding?

Anyone know of any good gravel roads or good riding on the street in the Ferguson/Wilkesboro area near the Riders Roost?
Looking for some fun sweepers, decent gravel for a Tiger Ride-In. Are there any Tiger riders out there who are going to go? It's the Eastern Coast Tiger Ride-In, any Tigers interested?
I live the Atlanta area, so I'm not real familiar with the roads up that way.
Thanks
TIGERRIDER007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 09:19 PM   #2
rjvolt
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Tigertider, I was thinking about going to the Ride-In. I've never been there. Mad Maps has lots of recommended roads in the area. I'm in the Atlanta area as well.
Old 04-06-2009, 03:15 AM   #3
ridered3000
Adventurer

Oddometer: 60
You should take a look at the Hardcore(Hickory) thread to see whats available a bit west of there.There are a lot of gravel roads west of US 321.Someone else may be able to point out some good gravel around Wilkesboro,but I rarely find myself over that way.I do know 268 from Wilkesboro to 321 is a lot of fun asphalt.The only downside is you go by a few dairy farms which you can find by the smell.It doesn't stop me from riding there,but make sure you carry something to clean the bugs off your shield.If you follow 268 and cross 321 you can find a good mix of gravel and asphalt.I would take 321 south for a bit,then run NC90 over to Collettsville.That would lead you to some of the better riding on dirt and gravel.
ridered3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 06:49 AM   #4
TIGERRIDER007 OP
Studly Adventurer

Thanks for the dairy update...Holstein please!

I will write these recommendations down and look for others as well. I'll try posting in that Hickory forum to see if anyone has any ideas, thanks for the intel. I actually grew up in upstate New York, close to many dairy farms, this ride should bring back many memories.
Thanks again.
Old 04-10-2009, 06:53 AM   #5
TIGERRIDER007 OP
Studly Adventurer

Ride In..

Rjvolt, you should go, it's a great chance to meet different folks and look at bike setups. If interested, PM me and we can talk about that ride. I'll know our schedule more specifically as we move closer the end of May. Tim and I usually ride up from the Atlanta area and pick up a couple riders in TN, but since we are headed more northeast this time, we'll have to make other arrangements. Just stay tuned for more...