ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2009, 04:15 PM   #16
AzB
Fattest thin man

Oddometer: 3,461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dags
If we had no groups fighting for the protection of natural resources there would be even less places to go riding. We are all trying to gain access to an ever decreasing resource. The main driver of this problem is the over population of the planet - the worlds population has doubled since 1965
+1.

Az
Old 04-04-2009, 02:03 PM   #17
Chunt
pronounced Sea Hunt!

Oddometer: 71
I just got back from this. REI did a fine job presenting the options for gear. Quite a few ADV stickers on bikes in the parking lot too.
Chunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:45 AM   #18
IceT
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Talking Reload this Page Motorcycle travel and camping clinic April 4th at REI in Atlanta...

Thanks for the compliment Chunt. We truly enjoyed giving it and appreciate everyone's feedback. The next one will be even better! While I work at REI, I am not their spokesperson, per se. Sure REI is a heavy shade of green - someone needs to be. I'll bet we're all old enough to know that the world is neither black or white - it's a matter of balance. I love the silence on top of Max Patch or Blood Mountain on a late spring morning as the sun rises. And I've spent years on road courses racing and at engineering school harmonizing to a V-12 on the dyno.

I do know the folks at corporate REI are some of the most approachable leaders you'll find. Help them work the balance and we all win.
IceT is offline   Reply With Quote