Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2009, 05:12 AM   #1
JoeWannaB OP
Usually a nice guy

Oddometer: 1,911
Cabins for rent in the Smokies near Bryson City, NC

Hello fellow inmates,
I happen to own some rental cabins with fellow inmate GSRiderRob in the Nantahala Gorge near Bryson City, NC. They're in a great location for basing a tour of the Smokies including Deals Gap (Tail of the Dragon), Blue Ridge Parkway and the new Cherohala Skyway not to mention thousands of miles of twisties. We also happen to be 1 mile from the Nantahala River, one of the premier whitewater rivers in the world.

Here's a link to the cabins http://www.cabinsatnantahala.com

Inmates will receive a 20% discount for Sunday - Thursday nights and stays of 4 or more nights (doesn't matter which nights).

You can book online through the website and put "ADVrider Inmate" in the "Special Needs" section and I'll apply the discount. You can also call the toll free number off the web site and talk to me directly.

Finally, let me know when you're coming. I'd love to get away for a ride. Joe

JoeWannaB screwed with this post 05-04-2009 at 08:44 PM
JoeWannaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 05:19 AM   #2
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,558
I"ll add this to the Discount thread
Old 06-05-2009, 06:54 AM   #3
HBN
is car free

Oddometer: 11,938
I am planning a trip down that way with a two night stay. I will PM you for more information but your cabins look wonderful. I noticed that when setting up reservations for Sep 7-8 online, the Silver Creek Cabin is only listed for $49 per nite. I assume this is a system snafu as it should be considerably more during the "C" season. FYI
HBurgNinja - The Thread | HBN Boondocking the Nation | Beards to Canada
HBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 02:08 PM   #4
DolphinJohn
Not Fragile

Oddometer: 3,862
I used to go up there quite a bit years ago. Beautiful part of the country. In addition to the Nantahala, there are other rafting rivers nearby such as the Ocoee and Chatooga.
Ride or drive through Cherokee and over the pass to Gatlinburg. There's lots to do and see, and great riding.

My Ride Reports
DolphinJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 04:50 AM   #5
JoeWannaB OP
Usually a nice guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBurgNinja
I am planning a trip down that way with a two night stay. I will PM you for more information but your cabins look wonderful. I noticed that when setting up reservations for Sep 7-8 online, the Silver Creek Cabin is only listed for $49 per nite. I assume this is a system snafu as it should be considerably more during the "C" season. FYI

Thanks for the heads up on this. Gotta love them 'puters. Look forward to seeing you in September. BTW Correct rate would be $116 per night with discount.
Old 06-02-2010, 06:15 AM   #6
JoeWannaB OP
Usually a nice guy

It's been a while so I thought I'd bump this thread to announce a new Dual Sport/ Adventure Riders Rally I'm hosting at the cabins over the Labor Day Weekend this year. It's called the Nantahala Raft & Ride Rally or NARRR for short. You can get more details by clicking the link in my sig line below. PM me if there are any questions. Joe

BTW: We're located about 15 miles West of Bryson City, NC in the Nantahala Gorge.
Old 02-08-2011, 02:51 AM   #7
800SSDuc
Who is John Galt?

Oddometer: 356
Just sent in for reservations on April 1 & 2 to make for a full days worth in the area during a 7 day loop we are doing.... so looking forward to it
89 KLR650
87 750 Paso Ltd
65 H-D M50
64 125 Bronco
A few Chinese 150 Dirt Bikes
800SSDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 06:27 AM   #8
JoeWannaB OP
Usually a nice guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 800SSDuc View Post
Just sent in for reservations on April 1 & 2 to make for a full days worth in the area during a 7 day loop we are doing.... so looking forward to it
That's awesome. What type of riding will you be doing? Dual sport? Tarmac? Plenty to go around. I'm on a KLR 650 and can show you some good gravel/FS roads in the area. There's some harder stuff too but I try to stay off it with my pig. Drop me a PM and let to let me know.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:52 AM   #9
800SSDuc
Who is John Galt?

Oddometer: 356
Be on the Hyper this trip, Was 1st time on the Gap this past fall and had the SS... but the roads down there are so made for the HYM
89 KLR650
87 750 Paso Ltd
65 H-D M50
64 125 Bronco
A few Chinese 150 Dirt Bikes
800SSDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 05:59 AM   #10
JoeWannaB OP
Usually a nice guy

Spring Fling at the Cabins May 6 - 8

Hey all. Just a bump to announce a little DS/ADV rally I'm hosting at the cabins May 6 -8. 40% discount on a cabin that weekend only. Here's a link to the thread describing the event.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:10 PM   #11
JoeWannaB OP
Usually a nice guy

Spring Fling is just two days away! I still have a bunk cabin and a one bedroom cabin available but you need to call tomorrow cuz you won't get me on the phone Friday. I'll be
Old 05-05-2011, 03:36 AM   #12
Boondox
Travels With Barley

Oddometer: 2,948
Do you allow exceptionally well-behaved furry riders?

I got a sidecar to travel with my dog. He never complains, is delighted to be with me, approves of my dietary choices, is a social butterfly who helps me meet folks, appreciates a good beer, snuggles better than my wife, and hangs on my every word as if it's the most profound thing he's ever heard. TravelsWithBarley.com
Boondox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 05:02 AM   #13
JoeWannaB OP
Usually a nice guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondox View Post
Do you allow exceptionally well-behaved furry riders?

Great pic! Unfortunately we have a very strict no pet policy dictated by, of all things, our insurance company. Ive already had to tell other rider "no" to their pets so an exception would be bad form though I'm tempted just to see you two riding with us.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:09 PM   #14
JoeWannaB OP
Usually a nice guy

Fall Fire Ball Celebration

We had a great event this past weekend. I should have posted it here but I almost forgot I had this thread here. Here's a link if anyone is interested in seeing some pictures. Pictures start at page 15 and go on from there. We had about 15 riders throughout the weekend on bikes ranging from a BMW 650GS down to a XR250L with a couple KTMs and plenty of KLR 650s. Keep watching as I'm thinking of hosting a few more rides before the weather turns too cold.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:58 AM   #15
JoeWannaB OP
Usually a nice guy

Join the Newsletter

Hey guys. Go to the cabins website and sign up for our newsletter called "Friends of the Cabins." There's a link at the bottom of the main page here. Be sure to put a check in the "Motorcycling" box. This will make sure you get notified of any specials I'm running and I'll start advertising rides and rallies using the mail list. We use constant contact which has very stringent rules about spam and selling/sharing information so you can be assured you won't get any additional chinese ads for male enhancement by joining. If you've already joined, you can update your info to make sure you have the motorcycling box checked.