ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2009, 08:28 AM   #1
ny-wolcott OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 913
We'll be near Suches wednesday night and for a few days

Pat and I will be camping at Vogel State Park (180 near 129) for a few days and would like to meet up with anyone in the area. Probably won't have internet, so don't know how to make contact except by cell which may not work either.

If the weather's still sucky, we'll probably just wander around in our old silver and blue F350 dually. If it's decent, we'll probably be on our Super Sherpas. If you see us, flag us down.

Either way, I want to show Pat TWO and why I like the area so much.

After that we're likely to spend a couple days up near Tellico Plains or Robbinsville.

Hope to see some of you.

cell - 607-435-5517
ny-wolcott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 06:09 AM   #2
ny-wolcott OP
Studly Adventurer

Probably won't ge there until Thurday

Yup,

Getting a slow start from here in Charleston.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:47 AM   #3
flux_capacitor
I know a shortcut!

Oddometer: 9,614
Hi Dick, I met you and your wife down at the Scrub. Rode in on a black Tiger. Sorry I won't be around this week to show you the sites. Hope you have a good stay though, the weather is nice now that the snow is gone from yesterday . Friday we are meant to get some rain but I think the forecast is clear through the weekend.
flux_capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 09:27 AM   #4
Jack90210
mindful

Oddometer: 15,023
Have a great time, Dick. Wish you could make ECHR this year!

I must say that my son has exposed a reservoir of love and of worry within me that I never knew existed. --nskitts, 9/2/12
Jack90210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 01:47 PM   #5
ny-wolcott OP
Studly Adventurer

Found some WIFI in a quick stop at another campground off 76. Thanks for teh kind words Flux (yup we remember you).

Can't make the ECHR 'cause we'll just be getting back home after the winter on the road - and have much too much to do.

God, I love this part of the country!
Old 04-10-2009, 04:01 AM   #6
flux_capacitor
I know a shortcut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny-wolcott
Found some WIFI in a quick stop at another campground off 76. Thanks for teh kind words Flux (yup we remember you).

Can't make the ECHR 'cause we'll just be getting back home after the winter on the road - and have much too much to do.

God, I love this part of the country!

Be sure to let us know next time yer down here, Dick. You guys are good people. Watch the storms this afternoon... it's meant to get pretty rough from what they say.
Old 04-10-2009, 06:00 AM   #7
kitesurfer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,550
i'll be at TWO on the 16th for a few
kitesurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 02:21 PM   #8
ny-wolcott OP
Studly Adventurer

Rained like hell yesterday (FridAY), Cloudy and cool today. Supposed to be nice tomorrow. Visited TWO today and schmoozed a little with GT, etc.

ThanksGot into Vogel last night after all the spring vactioners left.

Thanks for the invitation and the kind words Flux. I'm hoping to spend about a month down here as of next Nov first. If you know anywhere I can camp for free with my pickup and small 5th wheel trailer, let me know. It's not uncommon to get free camping for 20 hours of work per week - which I'd be more than happy to do. Need your house painted?

ny-wolcott screwed with this post 04-11-2009 at 02:33 PM
Old 04-12-2009, 05:38 PM   #9
Fireman1000
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,264
I'll be in Dahlonega Thursday and Friday. Myself and a friend are going to the gap Wednesday, then coming back down to north GA Thursday. We'll be on a yellow DRZ 400 SM, and a red Hypermotard.
Fireman1000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 05:58 PM   #10
ny-wolcott OP
Studly Adventurer

Turns out we've had a real poor situation 'cause of the weather. We only had one good day in the Suches area, and that was it. Did stop at MIkes shop in Tellico Plains and he was really helpful - gave me a map and highlighted all the good dirt, so I'm ready when I get back in November. Seems the rain has followed us all the way up to Staunton, VA. :(

By the way, the name of Mike's MC shop in Tellico eludes me, so if anyone knows it offhand, please reply with it so he can get a plug. He deserves all the credit he can get - as he's a GREAT resource and help to any motorcyclist in the Tellico area.
Old 04-16-2009, 05:37 AM   #11
flux_capacitor
I know a shortcut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny-wolcott
Turns out we've had a real poor situation 'cause of the weather. We only had one good day in the Suches area, and that was it. Did stop at MIkes shop in Tellico Plains and he was really helpful - gave me a map and highlighted all the good dirt, so I'm ready when I get back in November. Seems the rain has followed us all the way up to Staunton, VA. :(

By the way, the name of Mike's MC shop in Tellico eludes me, so if anyone knows it offhand, please reply with it so he can get a plug. He deserves all the credit he can get - as he's a GREAT resource and help to any motorcyclist in the Tellico area.
Tellico
Motorcycle
Outfitters.

Mike rules.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:42 AM   #12
TerraUnFirma
Fair/Not Balanced

Oddometer: 352
Hey Dick and Pat,

Glad you two made it up this way, sorry about our sucky weather. Met you two at the Scrub as well.

Safe journey and drop a note when you get back down this way...

Tom
'06 Suzuki DRz400s
'08 Yamaha WR250R
TerraUnFirma is offline   Reply With Quote