ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-10-2009, 12:51 PM   #91
wiseanhyzer
Beastly Adventurer
 
wiseanhyzer's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Georgia
Oddometer: 1,540
This thread is a little disturbing to read. I hate it that there are a few drunk assholes in trying to run motorcycles off the road. I just recently got back into motorcycling. I've only been up there one time (last September maybe) on my bike. But I've been camping up there for years. I know the roads well from a pickup truck myself. I've run into some SHAAAAAADY dudes riding around.
__________________

wiseanhyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 04:24 PM   #92
ETrider
Gawker
 
ETrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: 10-ER-C
Oddometer: 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikem9
Bump. Has anyone run into our friend in the mountains lately?

I don't understand why you and your friends haven't reported this guy to the authorities already. Are you waiting for him to kill somebody or what?

__________________
'05 KLR 650
'10 Giant Yukon
ETrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 09:11 PM   #93
mikem9 OP
Wanderer
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: North Georgia
Oddometer: 1,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETrider
I don't understand why you and your friends haven't reported this guy to the authorities already. Are you waiting for him to kill somebody or what?

I hope the details in former pages of the thread make clear that the incident was fully reported and on file with the Sheriff's department. It was reported the first day it happened. Did you not see that? Long story short, it's hard to prosecute a case like this with no crash or injury. Frustrating! That's why we were asking to see if anyone else had similar encounters. Also, just wanted to alert everyone for safety reasons.
mikem9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 06:13 AM   #94
ETrider
Gawker
 
ETrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: 10-ER-C
Oddometer: 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikem9
I hope the details in former pages of the thread make clear that the incident was fully reported and on file with the Sheriff's department. It was reported the first day it happened. Did you not see that? Long story short, it's hard to prosecute a case like this with no crash or injury. Frustrating! That's why we were asking to see if anyone else had similar encounters. Also, just wanted to alert everyone for safety reasons.

You're right, I missed it the first time but went back and re-read the beginning and found it.

Good luck,hope this guy gets arrested before somebody gets hurt.
__________________
'05 KLR 650
'10 Giant Yukon
ETrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 09:37 AM   #95
unlawfulsm
Bearded Hooligan
 
unlawfulsm's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Thomasville, GA
Oddometer: 535
I get the impression that many of the locals in Suches "own" the place. I have to drive, in my truck, across the montains a couple of times in the last month or so and every time I get stuck behind a local who recklessly drives on the wrong side of the road. This is happening in many blind corners without any thought. I get the feeling that this is something they do frequently. It is scary driving behind them, much less meeting them mid corner going the other direction. More than once I have seen a close call when following one of these locals where they almost hit head on mid corner with another car. My experience has been in the evening each time. Recently, I was behind a local who was doing this and would actually swerve toward the center line everytime a bike would becoming from the opposite direction. I bet if they actually met on the road, lets hope not, it would be reported that it was the motorcyclists fault. Be safe out there its a crazy place.
__________________
Get a discount at Smugmug

Use Code- iFRLhicsrl4no

Great Deals on Gear
unlawfulsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:06 AM   #96
flux_capacitor
I know a shortcut!
 
flux_capacitor's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: Cumming GA
Oddometer: 9,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by unlawfulsm
I get the impression that many of the locals in Suches "own" the place. I have to drive, in my truck, across the montains a couple of times in the last month or so and every time I get stuck behind a local who recklessly drives on the wrong side of the road. This is happening in many blind corners without any thought. I get the feeling that this is something they do frequently. It is scary driving behind them, much less meeting them mid corner going the other direction. More than once I have seen a close call when following one of these locals where they almost hit head on mid corner with another car. My experience has been in the evening each time. Recently, I was behind a local who was doing this and would actually swerve toward the center line everytime a bike would becoming from the opposite direction. I bet if they actually met on the road, lets hope not, it would be reported that it was the motorcyclists fault. Be safe out there its a crazy place.

Hell, Josh, Richard told us yesterday that this week or next they will be 'tar snaking' the northern part of 60 past TWO just like the southern part already is. There's not a doubt in my mind that they're not just repaving it just to slow the bikes down.
flux_capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:07 AM   #97
unlawfulsm
Bearded Hooligan
 
unlawfulsm's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Thomasville, GA
Oddometer: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by flux_capacitor
Hell, Josh, Richard told us yesterday that this week or next they will be 'tar snaking' the northern part of 60 past TWO just like the southern part already is. There's not a doubt in my mind that they're not just repaving it just to slow the bikes down.
What for? Didnt they jsut repave that area?! Its like a freakin' billiard table now!
__________________
Get a discount at Smugmug

Use Code- iFRLhicsrl4no

Great Deals on Gear
unlawfulsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:13 AM   #98
flux_capacitor
I know a shortcut!
 
flux_capacitor's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: Cumming GA
Oddometer: 9,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by unlawfulsm
What for? Didnt they jsut repave that area?! Its like a freakin' billiard table now!
They paved north of the county line.

What for? To slow us down, son, try to keep up!
flux_capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 08:48 PM   #99
nowgrn4
Rainmaker
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Florida
Oddometer: 56
We have a second home near upper Bear Paw off 294,West of Murphy.I have ridden extensively on/off road for 17 years in the area.One must be hyper-cautious when riding up in this area in the fall.I can't tell you how many times I have smelled that sticky-sweet aroma of some locals secret garden patch when out in the middle of nowhere.I can't get out of there fast enough.This topic is never discussed in polite company much less with"outsiders"like myself.This crop is the livelihood for some in the area and can not be taken lightly.To them it is practically a matter of survival.
I am by no means defending Redranger but I'll bet he is in his own sick way protecting his "Turf".
__________________
I started with nothing.....and still have most of it.

nowgrn4 screwed with this post 04-16-2009 at 09:21 PM
nowgrn4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014