ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2008, 09:39 PM   #1
mikem9 OP
Wanderer

Oddometer: 1,194
A Great Motorcycle Shop in North Georgia

A plug from a very happy customer and friend (no financial interest on my end)- If you are in or near North Georgia, I strongly suggest visiting Moto400, on Hwy. 400 in Dawsonville. http://www.moto400.com/ Very near the primo riding area of Suches, Two Wheels only and the North Ga. Mountains. They are a true adventure riders' motorcycle shop. It's a huge shop and contains an impressive motorcycle museum, which contains quite the collection of 70's era enduro bikes, motocross bikes and street bikes,. They offer great service and a ton of gear.

The owner, Keith Allen, is one of the best guys you will ever meet. He is a true adventure rider, dualsporter and dirt biker himself. He loves to talk about adventure trips. I just visited there today and he layed out the map and told me about his adventure with Malcom Smith through Baja a week or so ago.

The shop was orginally the dream of a great man named, Terry Gahl, who was quite the motorcycle afficianado, dirt biker and old motocrosser himself. Terry wanted a motorcycle store, where motorcyclists wanted to come and hang out. Terry got to see the vision unfold and the opening of the shop with his partners, Keith Allen and Dennis Powell, before he lost a very hard fought battle with cancer last year. Terry was truly one of a kind.

mikem9 screwed with this post 10-26-2008 at 07:02 PM
mikem9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 05:46 AM   #2
onetrackmind
n00b

Oddometer: 2
I have passed the place several times on hwy 400 on my way to the mtns.
I will stop in next time and check it out. Sounds like a great bike shop.
onetrackmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 06:14 AM   #3
Truckin_Thumper
low profile

Oddometer: 28,396
Aint finding a good shop PRICELESS!?
I am glad customer service is NOT dead.

I had/ have great success with a local shop here in NC.
Curry Honda/Suzuki in Lumberton, NC

Check this out:
I had orderd an aftermarket seat based on their reccomendation, SDG btw, for an XRL.
Came in a week late, no biggie I was on the road.

When we realized it was for an XRR, my old seat was at the upholsterer (sp?), I had NO SEAT.
So what we agreed to do was pull one off an XRL they had in the warehouse and I got it at dealer cost.
This dealer is small in comparison to most of the other shops I have visited across the nation. BUT, they move about a Goldwing a week, 2-3 Hayabusas' a week, yada yada yada.
Their prices are the best I have seen on new bikes, and they are easy to deal with. I know they will meet or beat anyprice you can find at any other dealer..... anywhere!

I have seen people from Maine come down to buy bikes, as Fla. GA, SC, and all over. There are bigger nicer shops in nearby Wilmington,NC. Those people drive 90 miles to come to this shop....
Amazing!

If I find something I want online, they, 99% of the time, can beat the price.
Hows that?

OH, if any of you guys on my route buy a bike from them I can deliver it to ya too, cheap, dirt cheap.
If I can't get it to ya, I also have a buddy that runs from NC to Yuma once a month (min.) he can get it to ya too.

I am no way affiliated to this shop, other than a loyal customer.
Old 04-25-2008, 09:01 AM   #4
Flydog
Flydog

Oddometer: 101
+1 on Moto 400. Nice folks and close to home. They do well on equipment for women as well, I have had my wife and daughter in there and they were both comfortable. The nice lady that works there is excellent at fitting them as well. As above no finacial interest.
Flydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 03:37 PM   #5
JBird
Retriever

Oddometer: 780
My buddy Mark works there as a salesman - rides a GS adventure. Rode to California with him a few years ago to see Moto GP. Great guy he'll hook you up!
'08 Goldwing
'98 Golden Retriever
JBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 04:52 PM   #6
BadgerBob
BadgerBob

Oddometer: 1
Great shop, people are nice and knowledgible. Worth the trip if you are in the area.

2007 KLR650
2006 TW200
2005 CRF80
BadgerBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 06:36 PM   #7
PirateT7
Back on Two Wheels

Oddometer: 498
a 'Motorcycle Shop' is better than a "dealership"

I've made the run up Rt. 400 once before to check out this shop; today I went to shop. There's a "dealership" within walking distance of my house, but I can say that I'll take the half-hour highway jaunt for these folks from now on. Good people with a good selection of bikes. I didn't even have to ask about a test ride - the salesguy suggested it himself. Thanks go to Flux for suggesting that I take (another) look northward.
Old 04-18-2009, 07:02 PM   #8
Fireman1000
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,247
I actually stopped there Friday on the way back from Suches. The have a granite gray 2009 FZ1 I drooled over for a while. Great place.
Fireman1000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 04:52 AM   #9
flux_capacitor
I know a shortcut!

Oddometer: 9,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateT7
I've made the run up Rt. 400 once before to check out this shop; today I went to shop. There's a "dealership" within walking distance of my house, but I can say that I'll take the half-hour highway jaunt for these folks from now on. Good people with a good selection of bikes. I didn't even have to ask about a test ride - the salesguy suggested it himself. Thanks go to Flux for suggesting that I take (another) look northward.

Cool man, glad it worked out for ya. They are really a good bunch of people up there.
flux_capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 10:05 AM   #10
Gumbeaux
The Chameleon

Oddometer: 787
+1 on this place. I referred my buddy there to buy a kids bike recently because I got treated so well by Danny in their service shop regarding some tires (and I am on a BMW, not even one of their brands).