Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-03-2009, 07:59 AM   #11
Boarder06 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 238
Selcuk to Lake Koeycegiz

I left Selcuk after one last real coffee, which is hard to come by in the land of tea and Nescafe, at the Swiss cafe.
I came across some red faced cyclist making their way up a hill.

Wind energy seems to catch on in Turkey. No wonder considering the fuel price here.

I stopped for lunch at shore of beautiful lake Bafa

More ruins could be seen on the side of the road.

Another stop, another nice view

Shortly before reaching my destination for the day, the lake shore town of Koeycegiz, I saw I sign for Kaunos. Somehow that name sounded familiar and I decided at the spur of the moment to turn right. The road was leading me past some citrus plantations

around lake Koeycegiz. The views after every turn kept getting better and better.

I finally came across a nice spot near the thermal bath that looked like an ideal camp site and I decided to stop and pitch my tent. With the chores out of the way I went for a soak in the 39C thermal bath. With an Efus beer in hand this is a nice way to end a day.

The view from my camp site was great.

I wasn’t planning on camping that night and didn’t bring much food. As I was sitting in front of my tent, eating bread and cheese and having another beer, a German Norwegian couple in their 70s took pity on me and invited me for dinner. They have been coming to Turkey and this particular place for 23 years and were full of useful information. The next morning I was given some oranges for breakfast by another couple. Not a bad way to spend a night!
Boarder06 is offline   Reply With Quote