Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2009, 01:23 PM   #2551
DrBigEd
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 695
Off to bed for me - what to be on the road before dawn rears its head... Going to pick up a couple of Yammies (not for me - for me uncle) - TT600 and a XT550. Got them for R5000 (about 440 Euro for the pair - not bad, eh?)
Is all your life will ever be"

BREATHE
Dark side of the moon
Pink Floyd 1973
DrBigEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:27 PM   #2552
bluesman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,140
Jokes aside...on May 5th one of my best friends in Kiev, great rider, great person, totally "soul out", tall and seriously BIG guy got himself 50% body burned to level 3 burns. He was not on bike, he had fire starting liquid bottle exploded in his hands for no apparent reason. He first got his 6 month old son safe and far from fire (while on fire himself) and only then laid/rolled down to stop flames. That liquid is like f...ng napalm. He seems to be recovering so far, but I been worried sick last few days. Sorry if some of my post was not entirely adequate, I might have been a bit drunk.
I am relieved to hear he is recovering.
Guys, be careful. And stay away from that f...ng fire starting liquid, use dry starter cubes. At least they do not explode
bluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:55 PM   #2553
shannonr73
DR BIG Rider 73

Oddometer: 288
Bluesman, you bring beeer andddd you will always be welcome down here!!
Guys can I ask if someone with a dr750 can take a photo of the wiring under the front guard?? Just looked at mine and it is a mess, wondering if there is meant to be a holder or something to tidy it up? Will post pics tonight.. Very ugly under there!! Sorrry to hear about your mate Bluesman.. As long as he is on the mend..
shannonr73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 02:13 PM   #2554
morse
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 236
thought others might need the DR crashbars manual also. The most useful info is about the spacers.

Snocross will get his starter next week. I picked it up today. Estonian wheelchaired craftsman did him new brushes and refurbished the collector for 20 euros .

I managed to finish my sidecases carring system (this was stalled for some days cause I was ill). Today was a nice day and I took shots of my bike. Will post them as soon as I get to a decent connection.
morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 02:40 PM   #2555
Megamoto
Yes, I do look like this.

Oddometer: 2,727

These look a bit like the ones I've got on my 800. Look at part No1. Mine did not fit. The diameter was to big for the frame. I replaced it with a thinner one that a 'mate' made up. I don't have the fittings or the parts at No4.

I'm so happy I could whistle through my willie. (Dan Walsh)

Per Ardua ad Astra
Megamoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 02:43 PM   #2556
MCmad OP
Banned

Oddometer: 7,842
Bluesman Good and bad news about your friend we wish him God speed on the mend,

Robo, has inspired me and Ive put the heater on in the garage

Morse, thanks for crash bar pics will post on front page and set about plans to make me a set ,perhaps I will do a step by step do it your self guide
Also regards to pic,s it would be great if you would all repost Your Best bike pics , with you in if poss so I can put to all names on front page,

This is something nave sent me will post here as book mark for myself but may be of interest to some http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...71&postcount=1

Right then, to the garage

MCmad screwed with this post 05-08-2009 at 02:57 PM
MCmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 04:32 PM   #2557
robmoto
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,711
Hi everone after a good nights sleep I am ready to work on 800 again today I have just had 4 weeks hollidays and spent most of that time on the bike I havent ridden for three weeks on any of them and back to work on monday.
Big Ed, personally I like the clamps that you squease together with pliers to get on and off because they clamp the hose evenly all the way round , they come with ryco car filters over hear but any others should work only do yours up untill FIRM .
if you stab youself with the screwdriver when doing up the screwdriver is the wrong fit or you have done it up to tight OK i know you smoke so don,t when doing this work and have fun cooking for mothers day.

Shannon,if you find a bikini girl she is welcome to come here so I hope you fixed those rear footpegs mate
Bluesman, you are welcome just bring your knowledge,hope your freind recovers soon tell him a wanka from Australia said so might him smile,Rob
robmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 06:33 PM   #2558
Ladder106
It's a short cut, really

Oddometer: 4,804
Bluesman,

I've never been burned that badly but have spent some time in hospital with burns.

It would appear that his hands were involved. This makes it even more serious. He will be in a lot of pain for a long period of time. The treatment and recovery is brutal to say the least.

I do not know what level of care he is getting in Kiev but I hope it's the best. Let him know that a bunch of firemen in the US are pulling for him and understand what he's going through.

He'll need lots of support for at least a year. There will also be some psychological damage, even though he may not admit it. Encourage him to talk to someone in this area also.

It's going to be a bitch.

You can't be too careful with flammable stuff.

Ed, you DO have an extinguisher around while mucking about with all the gasoline, right?

It's only May and California is on fire again. We just sent 6 engine companies down to Santa Barbara because rich people want a view and won't listen when we tell them that building in those areas is irresponsible.
Ladder106 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 09:34 PM   #2559
DrBigEd
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladder106
Ed, you DO have an extinguisher around while mucking about with all the gasoline, right?
Er, nope

Remember the worst hobby I had before was model trains...
Is all your life will ever be"

BREATHE
Dark side of the moon
Pink Floyd 1973
DrBigEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 10:08 PM   #2560
shannonr73
DR BIG Rider 73

Oddometer: 288
well i went to rego my bike today only to find out there is a late fee of $100 plus i lose a month of rego as it was due last month.. oh well now I have ordered my new plates.. red and white DR.750 plates!! I am a simple man.. with simple pleasures.. 3 weeks till they come now! Rob, it will now be june till i get to come out in the cold mountain air.. but i will get there!!!
shannonr73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 10:43 PM   #2561
nave
Nave

Oddometer: 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by 800rider
Bluesman Good and bad news about your friend we wish him God speed on the mend,

Robo, has inspired me and Ive put the heater on in the garage

Morse, thanks for crash bar pics will post on front page and set about plans to make me a set ,perhaps I will do a step by step do it your self guide
Also regards to pic,s it would be great if you would all repost Your Best bike pics , with you in if poss so I can put to all names on front page,

This is something nave sent me will post here as book mark for myself but may be of interest to some http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...71&postcount=1

Right then, to the garage
Good morning guys
Rob- great job! It's seems you enjoy it very much!!!
Bluesman- i can only join 800rider and wish your friend a fest and easy recovery as possible.

800rider-
i hope you could see more then just the first page from this post...?
so here it is again-
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=455111

Great week end to you all with all you need to charge the battery!!!
nave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 12:43 AM   #2562
Megamoto
Yes, I do look like this.

Oddometer: 2,727
Morning chaps. Off to the Thundersprint this weekend.

http://www.thundersprint.com/

All set in the town carpark.

I'm so happy I could whistle through my willie. (Dan Walsh)

Per Ardua ad Astra
Megamoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 03:57 AM   #2563
Dino3310
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannonr73
Bluesman, you bring beeer andddd you will always be welcome down here!!
Guys can I ask if someone with a dr750 can take a photo of the wiring under the front guard?? Just looked at mine and it is a mess, wondering if there is meant to be a holder or something to tidy it up? Will post pics tonight.. Very ugly under there!! Sorrry to hear about your mate Bluesman.. As long as he is on the mend..

cant take a photo at the moment mate but can do during the week,
mines a mess but theres a rubber sock that goes around the wires, i then zippy tie it tight and then to the cowling bracket, looks tidy and keeps the connections clean.
Dino3310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 04:06 AM   #2564
robmoto
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,711
Hi everyone, be kind to your mother tomorrow,
Big Ed, can you put pictures up of those yammies as my side covers and tank are yamaha xt I think and I will buy new side covers for it but still not sure as to what model if you can it would be good ,thanks .
Ladder 106 Ray I saw those fires on our national news very horrific be carefull if you have to go and help.
Shannon when bought wr450 I pulled it to bits to tidy it up and this took about 6 weeks but the rego had to be changed to my name Ithink within twenty one days I had to pay about 90 dollars extra for being late even though I wasn,t rideing it ,this labour state government sux big time.
Nave, I went to the forums you posted excellent stuff mate.
Megamoto, it would have been a great day for you at the thundersprints i looked at the site you posted some of those bikes are nearly as old as me
robmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 04:07 AM   #2565
Dino3310
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 672
Cheers for the photo of the crashbar manual MORSE,
friggen awesome
Dino3310 is offline   Reply With Quote