ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2009, 11:06 AM   #1
kindofblue OP
Ride it like you stole it

Oddometer: 822
Sipapu rally 9/11-13/09: 25th Anniversary!

Hi all,

The Land of Enchantment BMW Riders cordially invite you to attend one of the finest BMW motorcycle rallies in the West. Our greatest attraction is our setting. Each year, the first weekend after Labor Day, we return to the Sipapu Ski Area in the Carson National Forest for a fun-filled event in the mountains of northern New Mexico. The scenery is superb, the roads are awesome and the weather is usually fabulous.

Registration for our rally is required. A wristband will be issued to all rally attendees and visitors, so please check in at the registration tables near the gas pumps adjacent to the lodge.

The Sipapu ski area is located about 25 miles southeast of Taos on NM 518. Our rally officially begins on Friday morning and ends on Sunday. However, many attendees have been extending the rally by arriving earlier in the week. Superb camping sites are available on-site. Dorm room bunks are also available free of charge on a first come, first served basis for Friday and Saturday night. If you arrive earlier in the week or stay later you are required to pay a fee.

The Sipapu ski area offers motel type accommodations for the rally that are usually booked by June. However, cancellations do occur and a call to the lodge is recommended. Other camping, cabins and motel services are located in the area. The town of Taos is a short ride away and has a central reservation system, 1-800-821-2437.

Your rally fee will entitle you to our famous Friday night chili snack and a Saturday evening meal. Free coffee, tea and hot chocolate are always available. A small café featuring sandwiches and New Mexican cooking is located on-site in the lodge. The lodge also has a small convenience store selling gasoline, beverages and a limited food selection. Other restaurants and stores are located in the towns of Taos, Mora and Penasco.

At the registration tables you will find state maps and day-ride destinations. Roads in the area tend to be very well maintained and often very exciting. Please make your visit to northern New Mexico a safe one by always riding within the limits of your skills. Go in any direction from the Sipapu Ski Area and you will have an enjoyable motorcycling experience.

Bring your checkbook, bank card or cash because there's always good deals on BMW motorcycle related items at our rally. Need a helmet or riding boots? We doubt you will find a better deal anywhere. We urge you to check out their vendor displays under the big tent.

Other traditional rally attractions for the Bavarian Mountain Weekend are; Loads of door prizes, Not Your Usual rally awards and live band and dancing Saturday night. Yes, there are lots of reasons for attending, but perhaps the best reason of all is the people.

Club contact RJ Mirabal, 505.299.4916 or email info@nmbmwmc.org For more details and online registration, www.nmbmwmc.org .

Note the online registration details won't be up for a while and I'll post back here when it becomes available.
Get saddlesore when riding? Check these shorts out

kindofblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 07:23 PM   #2
Eurobiker
Vintage Cat Herder

Oddometer: 5,917
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindofblue
Hi all,

The Land of Enchantment BMW Riders cordially invite you to attend one of the finest BMW motorcycle rallies in the West. Our greatest attraction is our setting. Each year, the first weekend after Labor Day, we return to the Sipapu Ski Area in the Carson National Forest for a fun-filled event in the mountains of northern New Mexico. The scenery is superb, the roads are awesome and the weather is usually fabulous.

Registration for our rally is required. A wristband will be issued to all rally attendees and visitors, so please check in at the registration tables near the gas pumps adjacent to the lodge.

The Sipapu ski area is located about 25 miles southeast of Taos on NM 518. Our rally officially begins on Friday morning and ends on Sunday. However, many attendees have been extending the rally by arriving earlier in the week. Superb camping sites are available on-site. Dorm room bunks are also available free of charge on a first come, first served basis for Friday and Saturday night. If you arrive earlier in the week or stay later you are required to pay a fee.

The Sipapu ski area offers motel type accommodations for the rally that are usually booked by June. However, cancellations do occur and a call to the lodge is recommended. Other camping, cabins and motel services are located in the area. The town of Taos is a short ride away and has a central reservation system, 1-800-821-2437.

Your rally fee will entitle you to our famous Friday night chili snack and a Saturday evening meal. Free coffee, tea and hot chocolate are always available. A small café featuring sandwiches and New Mexican cooking is located on-site in the lodge. The lodge also has a small convenience store selling gasoline, beverages and a limited food selection. Other restaurants and stores are located in the towns of Taos, Mora and Penasco.

At the registration tables you will find state maps and day-ride destinations. Roads in the area tend to be very well maintained and often very exciting. Please make your visit to northern New Mexico a safe one by always riding within the limits of your skills. Go in any direction from the Sipapu Ski Area and you will have an enjoyable motorcycling experience.

Bring your checkbook, bank card or cash because there's always good deals on BMW motorcycle related items at our rally. Need a helmet or riding boots? We doubt you will find a better deal anywhere. We urge you to check out their vendor displays under the big tent.

Other traditional rally attractions for the Bavarian Mountain Weekend are; Loads of door prizes, Not Your Usual rally awards and live band and dancing Saturday night. Yes, there are lots of reasons for attending, but perhaps the best reason of all is the people.

Club contact RJ Mirabal, 505.299.4916 or email info@nmbmwmc.org For more details and online registration, www.nmbmwmc.org .

Note the online registration details won't be up for a while and I'll post back here when it becomes available.

Mo legible

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Eurobiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 02:30 PM   #3
kindofblue OP

registration form now online

Hi Mark,
Actually I'd forgotten that the default background color is dark. I've set mine to a light gray and the black stands out on that. I'll make this one red

The rally registration form is now online at http://nmbmwmc.org/sipapu.htm

Anyone who's interested in changing their background from dark to lighter, go to your CP (control panel), click on the edit options link on the left, scroll down to misc. options and choose waxy (yes, I know the color sounds morbid).

Old 05-19-2009, 03:59 PM   #4
Spat
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 847
I sure like this rally, thanks for the heads up

Red Green: You ever see one of these? It's called a GPS, this thing uses satellites to tell you where you are, which means that every man can have a five-hundred-dollar reason not to ask for directions.
Spat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 06:40 PM   #5
Eurobiker
Vintage Cat Herder

I can't imagine why.

Old 05-30-2009, 05:15 PM   #6
kindofblue OP

25th Anniversary

Thanks for the pics. Those buckets are filled with some of the finest green chile stew we know how to make. The lodge is now making it (to our recipe). As it's our 25th anniversary we have some very special prizes to give away. Can you say FREE?

The Rally Committee (yours truly included) were up there today to confirm some details. The wild flowers were in bloom and the river was rushing. An idyllic setting indeed.

Old 05-30-2009, 05:36 PM   #7
Beemer Pat

Oddometer: 2,722
This is a good Rally cuz all BMW's are welcome.

..... and for the food you can find near by.

Did I say bikes to look at?

I'm going to try to make this one.
Beemer Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 07:05 AM   #8
kindofblue OP

All are welcome

Yes, and non-Beemers are welcome too. We usually get a number of Wing riders, some ST (e.g., FJR, Tigers, ST1300s) too.

Old 07-19-2009, 03:34 PM   #9
Eurobiker
Vintage Cat Herder

Old 07-19-2009, 04:23 PM   #10
kindofblue OP

OK, Mark, now you've gone and done it. You've leaked the "official" rally coffee cup.

If you like how that looks, wait till you see the rally shirt!

Old 07-20-2009, 07:10 PM   #11
CaptRick
On dry land 4 now.....

Oddometer: 4,543
In!

Growing older every day but never growing up.
CaptRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 07:41 PM   #12
Eurobiker
Vintage Cat Herder

Old 08-21-2009, 09:00 PM   #13
Dick
Its a big old goofy world

Oddometer: 31,325
Shit - I forgot to send in my registration - can one register on site on Friday night?
Originally Posted by turkish
Einstein knew more about physics than the Pope knows about God.
Save some bux - use my Smugmug referral code: mIRMxjzAScHII
Dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 09:47 PM   #14
Eurobiker
Vintage Cat Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick
Shit - I forgot to send in my registration - can one register on site on Friday night?
On-site, mail it in- either way, we love your money!

Old 08-22-2009, 09:10 AM   #15
Dick
Its a big old goofy world

Oddometer: 31,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurobiker
On-site, mail it in- either way, we love your money!

What about my smiling visage?
Originally Posted by turkish
Einstein knew more about physics than the Pope knows about God.
Save some bux - use my Smugmug referral code: mIRMxjzAScHII
Dick is offline   Reply With Quote