ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2009, 07:15 PM   #556
luv2race
Confused

Oddometer: 2,315
Definitely a fun ride, a great burger at Hells Kitchen , and we missed you Rob and the others that didn't make it. Cribaby got a flat, Mr. Mike got a flat, and then me "I never get flats" got a flat. Mike patched his tube and that's what got me home. About a 1/4 mile from home, that tire went flat. Time for some rim maintenance and extra tubes. I had a good time with you guys and we'll do it again
Old 05-25-2009, 07:42 PM   #557
MrMike
No self control

Oddometer: 792
Thumb Good times

It was another great ride. I ended up with luv2races 17" tube in my 18" wheel and he ended up with my patched 18" in his 17" wheel . But we all made it out of the forest after about 8 hours and 5 tubes so it was just one of those days. Still fun and better then sitting at home. Thanks for the good time guys and lady.
'06 Ktm 950 SM
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 08:04 PM   #558
notmybikemodelname
KOTW is a myth!

Oddometer: 7,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by cribaby
Rob sorry we missed you and thanks for the calling card to let us know you were there.
Whooooooooooo me? What would make you think that? .

Jim had overheating problems, so we drank beer then went to the bottom and drank beer, then went to his house and drank beer.
notmybikemodelname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 08:07 PM   #559
cribaby
Dirt/Street? No Wait Dirt

Oddometer: 568
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2race
Definitely a fun ride, a great burger at Hells Kitchen , and we missed you Rob and the others that didn't make it. Cribaby got a flat, Mr. Mike got a flat, and then me "I never get flats" got a flat. Mike patched his tube and that's what got me home. About a 1/4 mile from home, that tire went flat. Time for some rim maintenance and extra tubes. I had a good time with you guys and we'll do it again
Bad for me, I got 1 front flat and it took 3 tubes to get me headed toward more beer at Hell's Kitchen. I damaged 2 out of the 3 and untll punkendro showed me the right way to install a tube (thanks again). CNF has not changed but it claimed some rubber today in payment for fast fire road and fun.

I will carry a couple o'spare tubes when I ride with the tube donors so that they get replaced. Manys Thanks!!!!

Charlie

This pic is from a very tight single track that goes for about a 1/2 mile through a tunnel of brush and in the early summer it has not been hammer by the crowds yet so the over growth is rampant and squeezing yourself tight to your bike is still was not enough not to get your visor snagged and your head ripped back or ducking your chin down and taking a solid wack on the top of the helmet. Oh ya we were all trying to figure out how this truck got there.
Attached Images

Old 05-25-2009, 08:08 PM   #560
RandyM
Less talk, More ride

Oddometer: 905
Nice meeting some of you on othe ride. Here are my pics.

On the way up to the peak.

At the top.

Geoffster

Looks like my camera died on me after that.
Old 05-25-2009, 08:19 PM   #561
cribaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmybikemodelname
Whooooooooooo me? What would make you think that? . The fact that there were no full ones left and the van was surrounded by empties. John sure could've of used one after his flat.

Jim had overheating problems, so we drank beer then went to the bottom and drank beer, then went to his house and drank beer.
Sorry to hear of your mech troubles. Maybe next time.

Charlie
Old 05-25-2009, 08:24 PM   #562
motocrazy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 264
Quote:
This pic is from a very tight single track that goes for about a 1/2 mile through a tunnel of brush and in the early summer it has not been hammer by the crowds yet so the over growth is rampant and squeezing yourself tight to your bike is still was not enough not to get your visor snagged and your head ripped back or ducking your chin down and taking a solid wack on the top of the helmet. Oh ya we were all trying to figure out how this truck got there.
A tree limb got my visor on the way up. Thankfully my neck was stronger than the limb, this time anyway.

I know who cribaby is (he followed us up the single track) and who geoffster is (he was riding the x-country). Still working on matching all the rest of the names with the handles.

Glad we split from you guys and headed to Beek's place, sounds like we would have ended up with flats otherwise.

Great ride!
Old 05-25-2009, 09:43 PM   #563
cribaby

Tall bike + tall rider and we could not get him to run the tunnel in reverse met back up near the top of Saddleback where the trail started.
Attached Images

Old 05-25-2009, 09:50 PM   #564
JeffS77
cheap bastard

Oddometer: 3,310
Fun ride today guys. it was nice to be able to put faces to names. i split off at the peak to head back to Silverado and on my way down i lost my rear brake (no bueno in the dirt) and ran into notmybikemodelname and herrhelmet on the side of the road...herrhelmet actually coasted down faster then i rode my bike back down...those fast F'ers

what bastards would have done that to your van
JeffS77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 09:53 PM   #565
Geoffster
Fool - Born This Way

Oddometer: 1,368
Three flats and you're out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2race

If it was a "fun ride" and a "good time" with three flats, just think what it would have been without the flats! (Although the flats gave you plenty of male-bonding time ... I am so thinking of "Wild Hogs"!)

It was great meeting all of you, although I'll fail to remember everyone's name except Randy -- he took a photo of me. I now have exactly ONE photo of my sorry self riding my Xcountry.

:-)

Consider this before arguing with me:
You're an idiot if you argue with a fool!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/geoffster/sets/
Geoffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 10:26 PM   #566
cribaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoffster
If it was a "fun ride" and a "good time" with three flats, just think what it would have been without the flats! (Although the flats gave you plenty of male-bonding time ... I am so thinking of "Wild Hogs"!)

It was great meeting all of you, although I'll fail to remember everyone's name except Randy -- he took a photo of me. I now have exactly ONE photo of my sorry self riding my Xcountry.

:-)
At every flat tire bonding session the main conversation was can't you fix a flat without pinching another tube, and I hope Rob comes by soon as we were out of BEER. All we got was another flat and empty beer cans at the end of the ride.
Attached Images

cribaby screwed with this post 05-25-2009 at 11:12 PM
cribaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 11:26 PM   #567
BiggieFalls
b00b

Oddometer: 949
Had I known you guys were going to change more flats, I would have ridden back with you. Maybe next time. Had a great time anyway.
BiggieFalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 01:17 AM   #568
starchaser
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 210
Looks like a good ride with a # of "trailside flat fixin classes".

Mike, my legs are still burning from friday, tough not surprised to see you made it! Looking forward to some of that singletrack.

Nice pics Randy, I love it when your above the clouds.
starchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:11 AM   #569
notmybikemodelname
KOTW is a myth!

Oddometer: 7,273
Quote:
At every flat tire bonding session the main conversation was can't you fix a flat without pinching another tube, and I hope Rob comes by soon as we were out of BEER. All we got was another flat and empty beer cans at the end of the ride.
That was the general idea, but hard to ride up hills with boiling hot water blowing all over your balls.

We'll see you next time.
notmybikemodelname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 12:36 PM   #570
punkenduro
now in a cage...

Oddometer: 738
i guess this makes 2 now,

and i was totally going to leave tube and compresser at home, good thing i didnt. good riding with you all, well have to do one of these again some time. now a few pics to take up some space.

couple of ff's at hells

i have one question though, howed you get the flats after hells?

punkenduro screwed with this post 05-26-2009 at 01:00 PM
punkenduro is offline   Reply With Quote