Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-01-2009, 10:34 AM   #1
nec OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Thumbs down Bad experience with powersportsuperstore

This is cross-posted from stromtrooper. Move or delete as appropriate.

Ordered a set of shims from Powersport Superstore (powersportsuperstore.com) on Thursday. Before placing my order I called them to check that they would ship the same day as promissed on their website. I was assured that they would, if I use a more expensive shipping option (which I did).

They charged my credit card on Thursday.

Well, today is Monday and the order is still showing "Processing" and no shipping confirmation from them. Couldn't reach them by phone today so had an online chat below.

Morons!

Customer: When I placed order ### on Tursday I was told it would ship the same day. The order is still showing "Processing". When will it be shipped? Thanks.
Jason: ok the order did ship out. however when it was sent it, the package wasnt physically sent and was "zero shipped", so we had to reship it.
Customer: What's the tracking number?
Jason: at this time i have not been provided a tracking number as it was sent from our warehouse and this takes a couple business days for me to get it,
Customer: If I don't get the tracking number (that UPS will confirm) COB today I will dispute the transaction through AmEx.
Jason: ok, no worries. we are just going to cancel the order. we have no way of getting that tracking number, i have spoke with my supervisor and he will simply cancel the order
Customer: You just wrote above that the order was shipped, now - "he will simply cancel the order" Was it shipped or not? I wasted four days with you; before placing the order I called you and was assured that the order would ship same day.
Jason: every now and then mistakes happen. and as i explained your order was mis-shipped originally and had to be reshipped. because of the weekend it didnt process until today.
Jason: it is waiting to be picked up by UPS and we will not get the tracking number for about 2 business days. Because you have threatened to dispute the transaction we will not continue shipping it as we will be out money and the product.
Jason: we will not risk something like that
Customer: Mistakes are acceptable; BS is not. You wrote: "the order did ship out" and "it was sent from our warehouse" before; now you're saying "will simply cancel the order" and "it is waiting to be picked up by UPS "

The correct response would be (assuming this was really a mistake ): "We screwed up; we are shipping your order UPS Next Day without charging you extra".
Or something like this.
nec is offline   Reply With Quote