KTM Adv 2006 S Eu model and Tune Ecu

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by kenhaw, Nov 18, 2012.

1. kenhaw

kenhaw 2006 Adventure S EU

Oddometer:
    Hi Guys

Just figured something out.
    Have been fidling with Tune Ecu and maps from 2006 for a little while now. Did not understand why I couldnt use the reset adaptation, adjust throttle cable, test coils and injectors. They were all greyed out and couldnt be activated.
    So I tried the EU map for the 2007-08 model, it has exactly the same parameters and voila everything can be tested. Absolutely beautiful:clap
    I am not sure this works the same for the US models, but I think so.

I tried to copy paste all the parameters from PowerTripps dynotuned 2010 map into my old 2006 map. It loaded fine and the bike started without any problems. Have anyone done this before with any luck? Is there a big difference between 2006 and 2010 models? I can see there are changes everywhere in the map between the two.

PS I absolutely love my bike.

Thanks for all the work you have put into this site, Love it.
  2. Spark01

Spark01 V-Twin

Oddometer:
    The cams are not the same.

since the 2009 model the adv uses the same cams as a '07 superduke.
    Before that those were different, but if there is something more different not sure you have to check the parts fiche.

But it is strange that the power trip map works on your bike because more people in the tuneecu topic have tried this without luck because the cams are to different.
    More/less valve lift and thus require different ignition/fuel value's
  3. kenhaw

kenhaw 2006 Adventure S EU

Oddometer:
    Well all I can say is that it started without problems. It was idling fine and I gave it a couple of twists on the throttle.
    Whether it also works when riding the bike, I dont know.
    I only copied all the fuel tables, to my knowledge no ignition tables could be changed.
  4. Gustavo.Ramos

Gustavo.Ramos Long timer

Oddometer:
    That's why it works on your bike. If you changed the ignition tables too it would be messed up.
  5. Gustavo.Ramos

Gustavo.Ramos Long timer

Oddometer:
    My 990 is a EU version, and that happened too... noone seems to know the reason... maybe the early 06 maps are less funtional than 07 and beyond?