[ADVdepot] Globescout Panniers & Adventure Equipment, Official Thread

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by F800 Rob, Jan 31, 2013.

1. oz97tj

oz97tj Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've learned that my load doesn't really change no matter three or four days or three weeks. My biggest issue in the past was packing lots of clothes. Now I just do some laundry on the road. It doesn't take but a few minutes really. I also used to take lots of tools. The GSW has lots of common sizes so that alone allows you to cut back. Further, even though I'm capable of doing the work, I've realized that any major breakdown will be getting a tow to the dealer anyway as diagnosing and getting parts is likely going to be far harder than doing the work anyway. I have roadside service for a reason. So I've lightened my load a bunch there too.

I've also purchased some new gear such as a fancy pillow from Big Agnes that is air core but memory foam on top. Packs small and very comfortable. Lots of comforts of home can still be packed very small and light.
  2. cug

cug Out riding ...

Oddometer:
    Rob, do you have more photos of the mounting setup on the water cooled GS? I'm curious how it's attached to the bike (details).
  3. freefall109

freefall109 Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Cug, this was exactly my thought process. IMHO, scratches on aluminum look like it gets used, scratches on anodized aluminum look abused.

I went with TT black powder coated racks and now I wish I had gone full Stainless finish. After putting the boxes on/off a few times I have chipped off powder coating...cosmetic, but silver showing through black chip marks are not exactly subtle.
  4. F800 Rob

F800 Rob MotoInsight

Oddometer:
    I have some really early development pictures of it that might answer your question. I don't want to post them here because people will inadvertently confuse these with the final product.

PM me with your email and I'll forward them on.
  5. freefall109

freefall109 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Finally got the cases mounted. This is the 35/ 28L combo.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  6. F800 Rob

F800 Rob MotoInsight

Oddometer:
    With this last shipment, we're sending the locks along with panniers uninstalled, in a baggie as opposed to preinstalled. This allows us to better manage stock of locks, and ensure folks get matching ones when needed. A few people have contacted us about how to install them, and where the arm position should be. I've taken the following two pictures to help!

The first picture shows the rear of the lock in the unlocked position. Note the angle of the arm, and how the retaining clip is installed:

[​IMG]

The second picture shows where the arm should be when it's in the locked position. It points DOWNWARD, toward the latch release button on the bottom of the lock.

[​IMG]
  7. TigerMarker

TigerMarker Ducati/Triumph

Oddometer:
    Cool. I friggin can't wait to get mine.
  8. JWeier

JWeier Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey Rob,

Any idea when the rest of the Pre-Drilled Panniers will ship out? I'm hoping to have them for a trip on August 24th. I received my top bag a few days ago and the build quality is incredible! I really have to thank you for going through the trouble of importing these into the US!
  9. F800 Rob

F800 Rob MotoInsight

Oddometer:
    Tiger 800 sets should be shipping today. F800GS and R1200GS sets should be shipping before the end of the week.

If you have questions about your specific order, please contact us direct at customer service at motorcycleinsight dot com
  10. cug

cug Out riding ...

Oddometer:
    I'm still going back and forth and I'm curious about something. This is from the advdepot.com website:

But how is that possible if the 45L pannier is 280mm and the 35L is 220mm wide? That would mean there is 120mm difference between the two sets, not 80mm.

And I assumed here that the "normal" 35L and 45L panniers are the same width as the "special" notched set (at least at the top).
  11. F800 Rob

F800 Rob MotoInsight

Oddometer:
    Well, crap. I confused the numbers with the 27 to 35L difference. Your calculations are correct.
  12. cug

cug Out riding ...

Oddometer:
    The main question now is: which number is correct? 900mm for the 35L or 980mm for the 45L?
  13. F800 Rob

F800 Rob MotoInsight

Oddometer:
    The correct dimention is 900MM for the 35L. 1020 for the 45L.
  14. cug

cug Out riding ...

Oddometer:
    Okay, that's helpful. So 100% certain it's not the 45L. Man, on my Camhead I had 74L capacity in 825mm width. It's just crazy that manufacturers aren't a bit more creative about getting the width down while still retaining capacity.

But okay. Looks like I'll go with the 35L setup if there isn't anything showing up on the market in the next few days ...
  15. fnatic

fnatic Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wohoo package arrived other day for me down here in OZ....
    :ricky

35L/28L black with mountings, locks and Twalcomm HID light. Installation and pics to come.

(Well Packaged!!)

Cheers Rob:freaky
  16. TigerMarker

TigerMarker Ducati/Triumph

Oddometer:
    My GlobeScouts arrived last night:clap

So happy with the build quality and construction of these as well as the drilling that was done prior to shipment...perfect fit, nice and snug. The cases are beautiful, the latches and locks work flawlessly, and install was a piece of cake. The inner bags are very nicely made as well. Beautiful craftsmanship from GlobeScout everywhere here. Thanks so much Rob!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  17. F800 Rob

F800 Rob MotoInsight

Oddometer:
    :rilla

Totally psyched that I finally get to use that! As of right now, all stock has been updated on the site, and I'm trilled to be able to announce that most sizes and finishes are in stock, ready for immediate shipment. There is limited stock until next month, so I'd suggest getting them while they're here! What's *not* available yet:

• Special kits for the R1200GS
    • 40L topcases in Natural
    • Topcase nets
    • 40L liners

Everything else is ready to go!

Additionally, have you signed up for the Globescout newsletter? I'll have a large announcement next week with a new product launch and an update about the future of GlobeScout in North America.
  18. JWeier

JWeier Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey Rob - I'm getting worried that I'm not going to have my bags in time for this weekend. I see a number of other members have already received their drilled Tiger panniers. Any idea if they shipped out already? I haven't seen anything in my e-mail. Order #700000392.

Thanks!
  19. F800 Rob

F800 Rob MotoInsight

Oddometer:
    NM. Please check your email.
  20. JWeier

JWeier Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the quick reply Rob. I opened ticket 560 last night for this issue.