Condo 750 2014

Discussion in 'Australia' started by nry, Nov 19, 2013.

1. nry

nry .

Oddometer:
    Time to start this thread I think.

This coming years event is being held on the 11th, 12th and 13th of April 2014

http://condo750.com.au/

Entries open on the 1st of Febuary, course marking has begun and apparently the guys are very happy with it. Bigger stages and less check points.

I did it for the first time last year after wanting to do it for a couple of years before that. I finally bit the bullet and really enjoyed it, learned plenty and will be back again.

So whether your just thinking about spectating or competing..........

Be there or be square !
  2. Sundowner

Sundowner Extended Play

Oddometer:
    My plan is to be there on the Super Tenere. Need to rebuild the top end, lighten the bike (sort the navigation tower system and headlights. ditch the rear mudguard and tail-light), add a toolbox and water tank to the bash plate and do a few more chassis and bodywork mods. Need to loose 10kg off myself as well. But the Condo and the Safari are my main "holidays" for next year. :thumb
  3. tHEtREV

tHEtREV Encouragement award recipient. tEAM iDIOT.

Oddometer:
    I have always wanted to race, and I have finally decided to do what ever it takes to do some races next year, and Condo is high on my list of possibles.

Looking forward to the next year of living and breathing racing (even though I'm slow):lol3
  4. Russ

Russ Путин - военный преступник

Oddometer:
    Trev it's a ripper on all levels.:deal

I'll pop out again next year for a quick visit, and aim for an earlier arrival on the Saturday so I can see more :clap

Do it, you will have a blast.
  5. sequent

sequent South Australia's own....

Oddometer:
    Did it for the first time this year and loved it, so I'm in. Giving my Rally Moto kitted KTM it's first competitive outing...!
  6. michael1968

michael1968 Long timer

Oddometer:
    You keen or something?

I'll be there, not sure on what yet though.
  7. Tex_Aus

Tex_Aus Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I did it a couple of years ago on a TTR250 and it was a fantastic experience. I'd love to have another go next year, and am thinking seriously about it.

Tex
  8. nry

nry .

Oddometer:
    :evil Can you tell ?

Now there's an interesting statement ! Are you going to retire the funduro and get a 450 ?
  9. nry

nry .

Oddometer:
    Hi Tex, mate I watched your youtube clips as training ! :D
  10. nry

nry .

Oddometer:
    Go for it tREV you only live once mate.
  11. nry

nry .

Oddometer:
    Looking forward to seeing you there, some of that stuff can be put off till after if you get stuck for time. Mounting the RB off the bars is a really cheap and easy way of doing it.
  12. nry

nry .

Oddometer:

Pics ! :D
  13. nry

nry .

Oddometer:

Friday afternoon in the Main Street is pretty cool if you can make it.
  14. troy safari carpente

troy safari carpente f5ree sub-zero agent

Oddometer:
    Someone remember to pack an economy sized bottle of valium for nry... :wink:

man is he amped up for this! :clap:clap:clap
  15. nry

nry .

Oddometer:

:rofl. Dammit ! You got me :D
  16. Sundowner

Sundowner Extended Play

Oddometer:
    How's it looking, Sequent? I need to rebuild my top end but after that I'd be up for a few training runs out Murray Sunset area, in Adv mode with a swag, box of matches and a tin of beans. Should have the job done within the month, if I can find the right machinist to fix an issue with the new s/h head.

NRY, look forward to meeting yourself and some of the Eastern States ADVriders. Am hoping to have a tidier dash and tail area before the event. I think the bike deserves a bit of race prep. It's a heavy bugger to keep picking up as well, so if I can whittle it down as I sharpen it up, I'd be very happy.

With this event, do you need to be a MA Affiliated club member and hold a National Race Licence, or do they issue One Event licences for it?
    What's the usual schedule for the weekend, as far as the pre-event processes of sign-on and scrutineering, briefing and then qualifying go?
  17. nry

nry .

Oddometer:
    Yep you need to be a club member then get a national licence. No "one event" licences, I think at least one got turned away last year due to that.

Friday you ride your bike up to the Main Street and sign yourself up and get you road books then after push your bike through a que of other competitors and get the bike checked over. After that you park up and grab some food etc before marking up your book before bed.

Next morning you all line up at the gate to leave the showground and make your way to the prologue location at timed intervals. Once there it's the usual, wait till your time then go in to the time control, hand over your card, get it back, put it away and then get counted down...

It's somewhat exciting :D

The actual schedule is set out on the website too.
  18. michael1968

michael1968 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yes (club) and yes (national licence), no one day licences unfortunately.

This year, and I think it'll be the same next year, they had scrutineering and sign in on friday arvo/night and a short prologe on the sat morning then racing straight away. You'll need to post your entry forms and fee in a couple of months beforehand.
  19. michael1968

michael1968 Long timer

Oddometer:
    or for a betrer explaination see above....:lol3
  20. michael1968

michael1968 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Retire is such a strong word, lets say it'll move onto a role more befitting its tallents...

I'm leaning towards a 530, I'd love a 500 exc but I can get a decent 530 for about half the price. I'm not quite set on that though, it'll be a few months before I pull the trigger so I'll see what good deals come up.

Or I might run out of time and end up running the funduro again, it's even got 5 working gears now!