F800gs PricE

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by WERA456, Apr 1, 2013.

1. WERA456

WERA456 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    North Ga. (The site of the first major gold rush)
    Ok I am about to pull the trigger on a new F800gs. (2013).

Before I get to far into this, should I wait for 2014? Are they coming out with any major changes to 2014?

So to the real question. When I walk into the dealership ready to buy, what price should I be willing to pay? What have others been able to get their 2013 model for? How negotiable is the posted price? I have never bought a new motorcycle, so just want to know if I am going to have to pay the price they have posted.

Post up what you payed for your 2013 F800gs. Help me and others not to get ripped off by the local dealer.
  2. goodburbon

goodburbon Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I was told by the last BMW dealer I visited that the prices were not negotiable, BMW didn't allow it and would revoke their sales.

Whether or not true, remains to be seen.
  3. Trailblazin

Trailblazin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    W/ the $250 military discount I got a new one w/ every factory installed option available including the comfort seat for 14,750 OTD after taxes and title/tag.
  4. ThatGuy

ThatGuy Brownie Supporter

Oddometer:
    I got the EMS discount and that's it. The 800s are flying out of the dealerships so they don't need to haggle. That being said dont expect much. I'd angle them into throwing a farkle in maybe. Let us know.

I paid about $12,500 but I choose to skip the ESC/TSC.
  5. Loutre

Loutre Cosmopolitan Adv

Oddometer:
    I got 5% discount after comparing it with other dealers and making them fight over me :lol3. everything is possible, just go there and ask them what should I expect for OTD. Shows the dealer that you are ready to buy.
    About the 2014 the already is another thread started with someone from the middle east. Look it up.

Cheers,

Loutre
  6. Spektrum84

Spektrum84 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Similar experience to others. My dealer had set prices, but I bought a 2012 late when the 2013's were already on the show floor. Given the many changes to the models he needed to sell it, I was ready to buy. I think I was able to get a little off the ticket price but not much. Dealers really don't have trouble selling them so there is no need to cut profits on the sale price. I won't blame them, I would do the same thing!
    I don't think there will be any changes from 2013, maybe other than available color choices.
  7. WERA456

WERA456 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ok to expand a little on the question.
    I have four dealerships within 3 hours. Besides spending the next month going to all of them. Just trying to see what is an acceptable price. Don't want to go to dealer A, get excited and spend $1000 more than if I had ga style patients to wait for the next weekend to go to dealer B.
    Headed to test drive one later today at dealer C.
    Thanks for all the help so far.
  8. petzi-baer

petzi-baer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Don't buy from a dealer that charges a setup fee - it's a markup.

If you need some gear or farkles to go with the bike, see how flexible the dealer is with the pricing on these items.

Now is probably not the best time to find deals (unless you can find a 2012 bike).

petzi-baer
  9. ccooper

ccooper Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I sent all BMW dealers within 150 miles an email to see if any were interested in negotiating. Most ignored me, but a few didn't. I hate to not support my closest dealer, but I work very hard for my money and I'm not wealthy. That's the only way I could justify buying this expensive of a bike...feel like I'm getting a great deal on it. Good luck and BTW, I'm in Hoschton GA...where you at? Hit me up with any other questions and when we both get our bikes, let's ride!
  10. Inelastic

Inelastic Adventurer

Oddometer:
  11. ThatGuy

Oddometer:
  12. petzi-baer

petzi-baer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  13. WERA456

WERA456 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I was quoted 14158 out the door yesterday. That sounds reasonable. I may be getting one this week.
  14. rockmurf

rockmurf IBA #31100

Oddometer:
    Riding season is just around the corner. Room for negotiating was about 4-5 months ago. I would definitely use the internet to request quotes from all dealers asking for the out the door price on a bike spec'd out like you want it. I know Max BMW responded to my request and gave me a starting point.
  15. Loutre

Loutre Cosmopolitan Adv

Oddometer:
    BS there is always time for negotiation. The only thing that will differ is the actual reduction you'll get. Sure in december you'll get more than in april but you can always get some % on a bike. I bought my past 3 bikes in march, april and one in june and always got a reduction on the price. I always paid my bikes straight ahead and since in France it is impossible to pay more than 3.000€ in cash I didn't even had to pull that option to get a good deal.
    Don't be shy and tell them what you want and for what price. They feel the weakness in a customer and won't give you anything if you don't ask. Dealers always think that you aren't that interested in a bike and that you just want to get a free ride and that's it. Sit down with him, show him that you want the bike and that you aren't afraid to go to another dealer. And if he doesn't bend then go to another dealer and so on. At one point a dealer will give you a reduction and then you go back with a proof to the initial dealer, the one who is the nearest to you and you show him what the other dealer is offering you. Believe me he is going to adjust his price. I don't tell you what I heard but what I did. :deal
  16. Trailblazin

Trailblazin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What does it come with? The F800gs has $3000 dollars worth of factory options. if its a bare stock f800gs then 14,158 is not as reasonable.
  17. WERA456

WERA456 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Maybe this thread will stay alive a little longer to help others looking for a price comparison, but for me the battle is over.

I just purchased a new 2013 f800gs. This is the first "new" bike I have ever owned. It feels so awesome.

I was quoted $14,138 out the door for one that had the luxury package, and the safety package, but they only had the blue. I would have been ok with it but I wanted white.

I called another dealer and told him the deal I was offered, but that I wanted white. Told him if he gave me $14,000 out the door after tax, tag, and title fees. I would be there in 3 hours. Sure enough he said yes, and now a pretty white f800gs with luxury and safety package sits in my garage.

Tomorrow I am going to take it out and get it dirty.
  18. Loutre

Loutre Cosmopolitan Adv

Oddometer:
    Does it ever come to a dealer withouth any package? Never seen a new Beemer without all the factory options :huh

Ah well done! see how well it goes, even that 150 you saved is about +5 filling ups what will bring you over your first service! Well done mate and congratz!
  19. ThatGuy

Oddometer:
    Mine didn't have all the options, had just what I wanted/needed. I didn't order it, just happen to be what they had. They had a blinged out one but I passed.