7th Annual W M R S Ride- Bishop, CA- Aug 4-Aug 7, 2011

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by Stonewall, May 10, 2011.

1. Stonewall

Stonewall The Wild

Oddometer:
    It is his business. If you showed up to more of these you would know this :ddog
  2. itsatdm

itsatdm Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi Stonewall,:wave Anytime, though I have suddenly become more particular.
  3. Stonewall

Stonewall The Wild

Oddometer:
    Now your playing ahrd to get :cry
  4. RAZR

RAZR u may run the risks my friend but I do the cutting

Oddometer:
    i hope my 2 cents didn't piss any of you old fucks off. :lol3

i was just saying i really like the campground and the way the ride/camp/beer drinkin's been.:freaky

if it aint broke.....

but Saturday ride up works. :dunno

let's all be cool and not call each other out. :dhorse
  5. Off Limits

Off Limits Banned

Oddometer:
    Saturday works for me. I'm all for it. If AMA motocross can move to Saturday why can't this?
  6. meat popsicle

meat popsicle Ignostic

Oddometer:
    Remember not to type anything you wouldn't say in person.

Especially when you're not in the basement joking with friends.
  7. nsfw

nsfw Death Valley Noobs Rally Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    sat or sun is great.

moving the venue to bishop will only succeed if the weather is cool enough. the bad, cool in bishop might mean freezing temp at areas north like mammoth, june lake, bridgeport, etc. this year's wmrs, we saw patches of snow, may also mean tioga and sonora will be closed due to snow. not convenient for norcal riders to find a way around.

wmrs is a great event, not just because of wmrs, but the availablity of riding areas around mammoth. this year's riding condition is almost perfect. having snow or water on the trails means more destruction of the ground. we come to the event to explore the beautiful sierra nevada, such as bodie, yosemite, and many more. riding to wmrs is the icing on the cake.

i think, mammoth is a central location for everyone even if it means i have to ride farther north.
  8. RAZR

Oddometer:

well said sir! :thumb
  9. JStory

JStory Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I rolled into the campground on Thursday afternoon having never been to the WMRS ride. I built my house and walked over and introduced myself to Stonewall and the rest of the folks. Mark treated me like an old friend. Pure class. I had a great time. Saw some old friends, met some new friends. I'll be there again. I don't care if its Saturday or Sunday.

Mark, if you're in NorCal and you need a bed, let me know. You'll always be welcome.
  10. fudgypup

fudgypup Banned

Oddometer:
    +1 to that. Stonewall is first class. Whatever he does, I'm in with for next year. Thanks so much for putting this event on year after year with little thanks. ADV is better for your efforts.

On another note, I just got back from the Southern Utah ride Jesse Kimball put on. WOW. Best. Ride. Ever.
  11. larryboy

larryboy Just obey!

Oddometer:

I'm much worse in person. I apologize for any ruffled feathers. Still prefer to do it the way the University has been running their open house.
  12. longtallsally

longtallsally Yeah I'm a chick

Oddometer:
    Sheesh, I don't even get my weak sauce ride report done and all hell breaks loose for the NEXT one.

First off, IMO, whatever Stonewall says is fine withe me. I could care less. He got the camp spot, he invited everyone to come and attend, and he has facilitated all of it as it has grown. So based on that, if he said Wednesday, I'd make every effort to get there (based on me being in the country that is).

So I understand everyone has an opinion. Everyone also has a bung hole. Mine personally is that the man has organized one hell of a good time for a number of us for the past few years, so he's got my trust as to what is a good idea.

I think it's wonderful that a "relatively" good outfit of FFs are getting good press with a local Chamber of Commerce. Anytime we outlaw bikers are accepted- and even welcomed by a City is a very good thing. Think of the current political climate of the morons in our state government (yes, I am still a CA resident and pay CA taxes) and what all these idiots are trying to do with regards to trail closures.

If we get the support of a set of local politicians as constituents based on the amount of revenue we help bring in, then that gives us leeway and even a voice for things bigger and better than whether or not the ride up the research station is on Saturday or Sunday.

And to finish, I'd prefer to stay at Brown's, but will certainly go have a meal in Bishop if that supports the cause.

Now to finish the last day or so of riding for me...
  13. 1224R

1224R Long timer

Oddometer:
    Whenever the heck Stone decides to have the ride im there... Lets all just be cool its just a ride like the bajillion we are gonna do in a year, (yes i do a bajillion) whatever the date is we can all work it out... Now if you REALLY wanna piss Stonewall off.. It's not the debate of the date change... It's riding over 5 M.P.H. in camp!!!!!:rofl:rofl:rofl
  14. meat popsicle

meat popsicle Ignostic

Oddometer:
    ya big tease... :bluduh
  15. pcvance

pcvance Walk Verplank

Oddometer:
    Stonewall is King of the White Mountain Rally, what he says goes, everyone else can kick rocks!:deal

Thanks Mark for the great event you started seven years ago, I've been at the last two, I'll be there next year...
    whatever day, wherever the camp location...

Perry

[​IMG]
  16. larryboy

larryboy Just obey!

Oddometer:
    Yup, still not Stonewalls event...the University of California can pick any day they want and I hope they don't let outside pressure dictate what they do with their open house. I think they might be more likely to ban motorcycles past the gate than to change their date to allow more motorcycles.
  17. Benjava

Benjava ?

Oddometer:
    :deal

18. RAZR

Oddometer:

what happened to your nuked post?
  19. CA Stu

CA Stu Peace and Love

Oddometer:
    Well, that crowd and those of us that rode our bikes up to WMRS with our tents and all of our crap strapped to the back of them because we had to be home Sunday PM. :D

I reckon having the station open on Saturday instead of Sunday would be outstanding, and the added bonus of being able to have my family come up and spend a weekend in Bishop while I enjoy the outstanding riding available in the area would be just icing on the cake for me. :thumb

It's a great event, but having the actual station open on Saturday would make it even better.

:D
  20. FYYFF

FYYFF Forever young...

Oddometer:
    It seems that most of the people here doesn't know that WMRS gate is open not only once but twice a year.
    1 is the first Sunday of August (Open House: with welcomings, food and drinks) and
    2 is on Sunday of Labor Day weekend on each year. But there is no food or drinks offered, nor the station doors are open, just the gate to the station (NOT an Open House).
    FYI...