Alaska Flea Market - Helpful Checklist for Preparing Your Ad is in the First Post

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by PhilSpace, Apr 30, 2010.

1. akrider

akrider mild adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ok Legion I appreciate the new. I stopped by the BMW shop yesterday but didn't ask about storage. What do they charge?????
  2. akrider

akrider mild adventurer

Oddometer:
    OK new price.
    $6,500.00 for the 02 r1150GS
  3. Brendon@TMS

Brendon@TMS The Motorcycle Shop

Oddometer:
    We charge $75/month heated storage with the batt on a tender. We give the bikes a once over before they leave to make sure everything is in working order, or at least the same order it was delivered to us in.
  4. legion

legion Honking the Horn

Oddometer:
    I thought it was $40 a month on a tender w/ a snort of stabilizer in the tank. Looks like it might have been $55 but I'd call JD if you're thinking about it. Here's his website and that's one of my old TransAlps in the pic at bottom left.

http://www.tucsonmotorcyclestorage.com

He heads up one of the departments at Iron Horse (parts maybe?) and is a wizard at getting things done. One example is that if your plate expires or some other unpleasantness arises he can find a way to make big problems smaller. Good guy to know for sure and he's helped me out of a pickle a couple times; even taking non-BM bikes to other dealers to coordinate tune-ups or repairs while I've been gone.

Matter of fact it was he that found my HP2 in WI and when I said I'd buy it he checked w/ the shop owner and they both said "how about you just cut us out of the middle and buy it direct from the WI dealer"?
  5. ADVBMR

ADVBMR Polygamotorcyclist

Oddometer:
    SOLD I have a large Arai Quantum II for sale. It was a spare and saw very little use. Small ding on the front which you can see in the pic. Non-smoker, no odors. Nice graphic. $225, PayPal.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  6. nuttynu

nuttynu NuttyNu Rider

Oddometer:
    WTB-----Honda rebel 250
  7. ThatGuy

ThatGuy Brownie Supporter

Oddometer:
    There is one on Craigslist.....
  8. nuttynu

nuttynu NuttyNu Rider

Oddometer:
    Yup !! Got it !!!

Disregard .
  9. Metalcarver

Metalcarver Geezer Berserker

Oddometer:
    I have 1 ea. Ching Shen gnobbly in 3.00 X 21 with a bunch of life left in it and a Michelin t63 with a bit of life left in it 120-80 X 18. Might get you by until serious riding season. Hook up pretty good in dirt and gravel but kind of give up when mud gets packed in the lugs.
    [​IMG]

And a set of Halvarrsson Riding leathers. Swedish. A lot of life left in the pants approx 38-39 waist X 28-29 inseam. And jacket has a bit of wear ( no pavement rash ) and it's XL x 32" sleeve. These are highly desired in Europe but couldn't sell them so I sell for FREEEE! Just can't stand the sight of flesh on the street...
    [​IMG]
    In Nikiski. sevensevensixeightfoureightnine. Or PM
  10. ThatGuy

Oddometer:
    Looking to buy a bike for my son who will be 6 this summer. Looking for a PW50 or TTR50 preferably with training wheels. He has never ridden any type of machine. There is one on Craigslist but the number listed is bad, so if you know who it is let me know.
  11. AKmud

AKmud Muddy Gruver

Oddometer:
    That 50 may be kinda small for him. Have you sat him on one yet? Might be worth a stop at the dealer for a test fit. If he can ride a bike I would skip the training wheels, they will just be more cumbersome than helpful. Just set the throttle limiter way down and keep him slow for the first several miles.

This is Rem at 5 yo last summer with his PW50. Had easily outgrown it by the fall.

[​IMG]

Of course AKJack was able to fit it fairly well...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. ThatGuy

Oddometer:
    He sat on a TTR50 at the show today and was just able to flat foot it. The TTR seems just a bit taller than the PW50. His daddy isn't built like Shrek :D

He didn't quite conquer the bicycle last summer but we'll get that squared once the snow clears.
    I may run him down to the Yammie dealer later this week just to double check.
  13. nuttynu

nuttynu NuttyNu Rider

Oddometer:
    Guy, u can get him a 49cc pocket bike..

That's what I started with. Plus ,they're super fun !. But it wouldn't be the best choice for any off road riding.

[​IMG]
  14. AKmud

AKmud Muddy Gruver

Oddometer:
    The PW is a bit smaller and quite a bit lighter than the TT. Not sure which performs better...2 stroke over 4 stroke.
  15. Tom S

Tom S Can I ride it?

Oddometer:
    Shouldn't that come first?
  16. AKmud

AKmud Muddy Gruver

Oddometer:
    Mine learned to ride a bike on Memorial Day, by 4th of July he was on the PW50...
  17. ThatGuy

Oddometer:
    Details shemtails! :deal The bike will be a B-day present in July. He won't ride it until we get the bike down.

If we lived in the lower 48 it wouldn't have been an issue :rofl
  18. AKAirborne

AKAirborne Adventurer

Oddometer:
  19. marbee40

marbee40 Some Fear is Good

Oddometer:
    ...or a gently used WRX? :evil
  20. marbee40

marbee40 Some Fear is Good

Oddometer:
    Perfect size for the skill level