Poll: Who's interested in Öhlins Suspension for the Big Bikes

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by PowerCell, May 6, 2013.

?

Tell us what you'd like...

1. Öhlins TTx22 front fork kit

2. Öhlins TTx44 Mk-II rear shock

3. Both of the above

4. I'll stick with my WP stuff and spend the money on beer

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. woodchuckexc

woodchuckexc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I was more hoping to take your 990 superbeast for a spin. Lol
  2. Patacca

Patacca Pimp my SE italian style

Oddometer:
    Hi Ken, send me details for money transfer...SE kit 1 for me please!!!
  3. Scott Baja

Scott Baja el semental anaranjado

Oddometer:
    Hey there, just got in on this show of hands thing. The only price I have seen so far on these things is "crazy" Crazy prices dont necessarily translate to crazy good, do they?:lol3
  4. Pete640

Pete640 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think the price will be long forgotten once the results are felt.
    Gold ain't cheap!
  5. charlie264

charlie264 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Neither is WP...
  6. jonz

jonz Miles are my mantra Supporter

Oddometer:
    CA dez (it's a dry heat)/West Yellowstone,MT
    I have a 950SE and had trailtricks redo the rear shock with a progressive spring and whatever he did to the valving. I'm satisfied with the rear shock as it is now as I was looking for more compliance over rocks. I was going to have him do the front forks but he moved back to South America :cry

I'm definitely not satisfied with the forks as they are now and will be looking to have them redone in the near future. They are way to harsh over the babyhead rocks of Baja. I don't pound whoops or get big air and I don't race, and if I'm smart I won't start racing. I will probably use my SE in the future mostly for speedy Baja and Rocky Mountain trail exploration.

I've been waiting to chime in here until I see the price for the fork kit but thought I'd check in to see if you have an approximate (even close to ballpark) price yet and whether you think I'd be best served with one of these kits or with something else.
  7. PowerCell

PowerCell Manufacture Super Supporter Supporter

Oddometer:

We'll only be selling these as a complete kit - both front and rear together. To do otherwise would give you an unbalanced bike and work against what we're trying to accomplish.

8. unaweep

unaweep Uses lotsa band-aids

Oddometer:
    OK. I change my vote, then. You're killin' me Ken!:lol3
  9. PowerCell

Oddometer:

Sorry about that man... but I gotta do the right thing. :1drink

10. unaweep

unaweep Uses lotsa band-aids

Oddometer:
    And, I love ya for it!:lol3

Absolutely digging the tank. :thumb
  11. Patacca

Patacca Pimp my SE italian style

Oddometer:
    I would like to have them....front and rear... as already said.
  12. Rock Junkee

Rock Junkee Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    WP and BEER :freaky:dllama
  13. kaptinkaos

kaptinkaos Just some nOOb

Oddometer:
    I've been humming and hawing over what to do with my 2013 990A's icky 210mm WP's... The obvious cheap route is to have them sprung and live with short travel, but I've already dent a rim and am slowly wearing off the inside of my high front fender due to bottoming out hard all the time. Next options are to send to SPS and have it jacked to 265mm 'S' which is viable and common and known to be a great upgrade. Depending on price comparison (obviously yes, these O's will be more $$$, but substantially better for off road which is what I ride 80% of the time) these are now on my short list to ponder for suspension upgrades.

I'm no Dakar racer so 300-320mm is just too much for my needs. 277mm sounds more reasonable and more manageable for my less-than-pro-skills. If I'm in I'd be in front and rear also as I don't believe in mix-matching suspension parts. I'll keep following for a price line and more details. Cheers!
  14. PowerCell

Oddometer:

Patacca, you'll be on the list for the first production run... :thumb

15. Pete640

Pete640 Long timer

Oddometer:
    No doubt there has been progress. Where are we up to?
  16. muscly

muscly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Im in for front and rear set for my SE. But must se a price frist.:clap
  17. PowerCell

Oddometer:
    We're building kits right now. I'll be announcing pricing and talking deposites soon, but when I do I'll be doing it in the Vendors forum and posting a link on here so you can find me.

Regards ~ Ken

18. KnowFear

KnowFear Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I see that the Adventure kit will include the hardware to adjust the shock length and travel, but it sounds like there will be no change to valving. Is that right? If so, won't this create an imbalance in terms of the rear being able to keep up with the front in handling gnarly terrain?
  19. PowerCell

Oddometer:

There's 2 aspects to suspension performance; hardware and tuning. We provide the best in hardware so your suspension shop can tune it to meet your individual needs. If you ran the factory valving it wonldn't create a huge imbalance, but since the shock has to come apart anyhow, I recommend having your local suspension shop adjust the valving to suit your riding style. You can always do this yourself if you have knowledge and experience with the WP product. You'll need a couple special tools as removing the factory shock body is a bit tricky...

Out back: The variances in KTM Adventure use makes it impossible for me to create a one setup fits all solution. Do you ride solo or with a passenger? In the saddle or on the pegs? Aggressive or passive? Luggage or none? Just let your tuner know how you use your bike and he'll be able to set you up pretty easily. The WP5018 has been around so long that it's no mystery to any competent suspension shop...

Up front: The Öhlins TTx22 MK-II fork cartridge itself is incredibly adjustable and makes tuning a much easier task. I doubt anyone would need to make internal changes from what we deliver it with. Setting oil level, pre-load and adjusting the clickers are all easily managed. I recommend setting the oil at 380cc's, 2mm preload and both C and R adjusters at 12 clicks out. That's a good starting point and the difference from stock will blow your mind! :D

Regards ~ Ken
  20. Adventcha UnCut

Adventcha UnCut Wannabe

Oddometer:
    Hi Ken,

I thought I'd ask this on the forum rather than by e-mail/PM. If fitting the TTX kit to the forks of an '07 Std (ABS) Adventure will the cartridge kit give 277mm straight away or is there other upgrades to "S" level required also?

Have I outsmarted myself by going straight to your kit rather than via the upgrade to "S" specs?

Cheers,

Michael