6000 kms in 6 days - Solo to NC, USA

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by shereef, May 27, 2014.

1. shereef

shereef Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I haven't done these types of reports before, so this is a wild stab in the dark at it.
    The more I type the less punctuation will take place. So please read, and interpret the way you like.

After a year and half of rough times at work, the general stresses of things, i decided to go on a solo trip far away from home. Not very far, but still a considerable distance.

Several years ago I watch the movie hannibal, and saw a massive terrace with a spectacular view. At the time I thought it was computer graphics that made the scene, turns out that is really a place.
    That place is the Biltmore estate. Since I work in real estate, I figured it would be worth a visit.

I have been on some trying in the past with friends, but sometimes the stopping schedule of others does not line up with the one I want.

In any line of work you have to help out clients, so I did not want this trip to be stopping when others wanted.

I took a phone plan that is unlimited in the United States and In touch with all my friends and family constantly. A couple of GPS's (one that works in the rain(Garmin Montana)), a decent camera, some clothes, and I set off.

:rofl:rofl:rofl
  2. shereef

shereef Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The bike the night before leaving. Its a menacing machine.
    2009 K1300R. Goes like something possessed, short gears, and grunt by the ton.
    http://advrider.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=319346&stc=1&d=1401236863

Temp tomorrow supposed to be 6 C

It wasn't for long. As I travelled north it dropped to 1/2 C in about 2 hours.

:cry:cry

I stopped at a gas station to find hand warmer packs. 2nd gas station had them. Bought several, worked like a charm.

My toes were actually back on my feet, the heated grips worked semi well, but my feet were the problem

Thermal top and bottom worked well enough, but I can see the point of heated gear well.
    :D

Attached Files: