Moonshine Lunch Run #9

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by George 99, Jan 12, 2013.

1. George 99

George 99 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Set for April 13, 2013, the 9th annual Moonshine Lunch Run is happening again. Saturday is for a Moon 'Burger but there's stuff all weekend, including camping. Check in here and register.

If the weather is decent (it was pretty spotty last year) expect 1500 to 2000 bikes to show up.
  2. blacktruck

blacktruck Shiftless

Oddometer:
    Not quite Arkansas but I can see it from here.
    I'm a little confused with this thread. Some would say that is not a surprise, however true or not that is, can someone tell me why this is posted in the West section of the Regional Forums? I'm new to the forums so maybe there is something I haven't figured out yet about this. Clicking the link in the message brings up the ride in central Illinois on the 13th of April. Reasonable explanation maybe? Just curious here. I don't think I will make this one but I'm always interested in rides that are close to home.
  3. pfloydgad

pfloydgad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This is a great get together. If you have never been it is a riot, and sometimes you get all 4 seasons in a 3 day weekend. So come prepared for just about anything weather wise. Camping is the best, lots of stories and people from all walks of life. Usually a camp fire that can be seen from space, and the food is just top notch.
    I would recommend this one to anyone looking for a great start to your riding season.
    Hope to see you there.
    Ride safe all.
    Greg
  4. George 99

Oddometer:
    My fault for posting in West region, my home is in Arizona. If a mod could move it would be a treat for all.

BTW, Moonshine, IL is the only town in the US named Moonshine. And it has nothing to do with white lightening. :D

(Oh, it looks as if it's already been moved to Central, that's good.)
  5. George 99

Oddometer:
    Blacktruck, we've had folks fly in from various places around the world to attend Moonshine,,, if ya get the chance do come. And thanks for your service.
  6. Davidc83

Davidc83 Long timer

Oddometer:
    The Moonshine restaurant is not actually in town. One building on a cross roads out in the middle of corn fields.
  7. Cow Boy Brad

Cow Boy Brad brad1098

Oddometer:
    Double Moonburger with cheese please :d
  8. Kbowling

Kbowling Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This is a must see event riders from all over country attend this, like the web site say (if your not in moonshine your not a real motorcyclist) or somthing like that
  9. George 99

Oddometer:
    The general store is in town... of Moonshine. Type Moonshine, IL in google maps 'n see where it gets ya. :D Nearest town of any consequence, tho, is Casey, IL, the county seat, about 5000 folks. (Moonshine population is 2.)
  10. Farmer1

Farmer1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Here and there, but usually, leaving Illinois

Sorry George not Quite right,,,, Casey is the nearest town of about 3500. And the County Seat is on the other side of the county at Marshall. But pretty good job considering your in Az!! Oh and Im Originally from Martinsville between those two, Well Really Im From CLEONE!! LOL!! And have the same last Name as Somebody else you knew from Cleone. Yup That one, The World Famous one, the one that everybody loved.

And why not post this in every region!! It brings in people from EVERYWHERE!! Even the ones 2000 + miles away!!

See ya in April!!!!

Jailor8
  11. mbabc

mbabc Journeyman Curmudgeon

Oddometer:

Little wet and cold last year but still fun!

[​IMG]
  12. igozumn

igozumn Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I wouldn't have given it that much credit, LOL.

Yep. Rain, rain, cold, and rain.

Reservations have been made.
  13. .52089

.52089 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hell, they ride in from the furthest reaches too! I'm only 450 miles away and don't stand a chance of being in the top 200 for distance ridden. :lol3 C'mon down and have a burger or two. Bring rain gear, heated gear and shorts. You'll use them all.
  14. blacktruck

blacktruck Shiftless

Oddometer:
    Not quite Arkansas but I can see it from here.
    Looks like a good ride. I'll be home on R&R at that time. I'm hoping I will have my new KLR but I might bring the Harley anyway. Just over here doing my job. :*sip*
    You're welcome. Thanks for mentioning it.
    Ride safe man...:ricky
  15. George 99

Oddometer:
    Moonshine Lunch Run #9

744 registered so far,,, a big push would put us over 1000. Of course, we all know just about as many sunny-day riders will show up if it's good weather. Come for the 'burger, stay to stand in line. :D

I personally had 14 MoonBurgers in 2012, tho I live in Arizona. If I can be there that often, you can be there once.

Here's a pic from 3 years ago, my grand daughter pulling the door prize ticket while being held by Terry Hammond (ACL), the instigator of this event. RIP, Terry, we all still miss you.

[​IMG]
  16. Storyteller

Storyteller Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yup, a totally good time! I went last year and have been planning on attending this year, however, my attention has been leaning towards the Arkansas 500 ride that same weekend. I just don't know if I can work out the logistics for the Arkansas dealio.

We'll see. If I land at the MLR, I'm definitely camping and will have a bit of Fireball with me to warm all who would like to partake.
  17. indypup

indypup ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

Oddometer:
    I'm sure I'll see you there George. I'm still on the fence about whether I want to do the dirty ride or not. ;) I did it on the WR250R last year so maybe this year it will be on ACL's old KLR.
  18. zDollar Bill

zDollar Bill Fiery But Mostly Peaceful

Oddometer:
  19. indypup

indypup ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

Oddometer:
  20. Stkmkt1

Stkmkt1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm headed to the Moonshine Lunch Run myself. Never been to it, so looking forward to checking it out. Since Sjaak and I were trying to figure out where we could meet up, this has turned out to be a lucky break. We've been plannign to meet up since before he left home to start his record-breaking trip.