Amendment 64

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by Mike D, Oct 26, 2012.

?

Amendment 64: The Regulate Marijuana Like Alcohol Act of 2012

1. Yes

2. No

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. enduro-ince

enduro-ince dirtslave

Oddometer:
    :viking

Heys guys, just so you know, the ass kissing doesn't guarantee you'll ever get to hang out with me.
  2. Myfuture_yourdebt

Myfuture_yourdebt Banned

Oddometer:
    In case the ADVRider generation is wondering, edibles are something else and 99% of the public has no idea how hard they hit. For some reason, even a moderately potent brownie will knock you on your ass. It's most easily compared to being half in the bag drunk...and that's after one decent edible (say 50 mg THC). Some people feel like they're "coming up" on a hallucinogen trip and a few even feel like they're practically full on tripping. Hence why in this CU-Boulder case we have people going to the hospital and having panic attacks. More is less, when it comes to edibles...and that is exactly the opposite of what the average person thinks when they see normal brownies. The most potent edible I've seen was a tiny lollipop with a whopping 700 mg of THC...I bet that's enough to get an elephant high!

Also good to note that A-64 is written such that one can legally possess up to one ounce of any marijuana product. From my understanding, that includes any form of hashish even though much more than one ounce of marijuana went into the making of one ounce of any hash product. I wouldn't be surprised if hash starts making more of an appearance on the market in order to allow citizens and businesses to exploit the limits of the law in this manner. But the law as it concerns edibles is basically unwritten...you could have pounds of edibles that only required one ounce of cannabis to make.
  3. TNC

TNC Candyass Camper

Oddometer:
    Now that's interesting. I had no idea the stomach ingestion of THC was that much more effective. Sounds like more bang for your buck looking at it from strictly a cost-per-mile sort of way. For those who don't care that much for smoking anything, this sounds like a much better deal.:D
  4. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    i'm all for state rights over federal gov. "rules"!
    hell the federal gov. makes up it's own rules for itself yet wants everyone else to follow theirs.
  5. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    oh man one time I was at a local steamboat party (wesfest) a few years ago. there were some brownies on the table that my sweet tooth was going after. when i was 1/2 way through my 3rd someone came over and said hey bill those are special brownies. i looked at the rest and said oh well and finished it, as the deal was done. holly shit that was a crazy night. if i had not known what i was eating that could have been kinda scary trying to figure out what the hell is happening. i went to a dinner party later that night at timboat's and had to sit myself in the corner. i was on the same communication level as my 3yr old daughter. we had a great time together. my wife said i turned pale white at 1 point.

6. Myfuture_yourdebt

Myfuture_yourdebt Banned

Oddometer:
    Really I don't think edibles are a more effective or efficient way of getting THC into one's system. In fact, I've read that the stomach acids eat away some of the THC effectively wasting it. Also, if you eat anything else before or after the edible, you're dulling it down. Many stoners say edibles are "sleepers" in that the onset of effects is usually quite long especially relative to smoking...something like 10-30 minutes compared to the 30 seconds to a few minutes when smoking. Of course that also means the effects tend to also last longer. I'm not a biologist or physician but I speculate that what makes them so functionally potent is the timing of the THC ingestion...you tend to smoke over a period of a few minutes at least, getting higher by the minute so to speak in a relatively gradual process. Once an edible hits after the come up, it seems to come on all at once hence why even the veterans can be taken aback by their power.

Edibles also tend to cost more relative to buying the usual cured cannabis buds unless you are making the edibles yourself from those buds. With an edible, you pay for all the costs of the pot plus the cost of conversion to making it an edible (food material, labor, etc.). If you don't like smoking and think edibles may be a good alternative, give it a shot. But definitely go small for a first try regardless if you buy or bake them yourself because the consequences can be much worse than having smoked too much. Generally smoking too much will just disable you in most aspects...but eating too much can spark various adverse reaction the most common being anxiety/panic attacks. No joke, I've seen and experienced for myself that eating too much of an edible can trick one into thinking that someone snuck something much heavier than THC into the food.

If you don't like smoking but want to get high (legally, of course), I suggest you find yourself the best buds you can ($40-50/3.5 grams) and take just one hit from any pipe. You don't need much at all these days with the quality of buds out there, especially if you have zero tolerance built up. If you haven't smoked since '83, don't go rolling a joint your first time back. A water pipe will make the smoke a little easier to inhale, so will a longer pipe versus a shorter one (i.e. one-hitters/chillums/super-small pipes are brutal, steamrollers are much smoother despite no water). If you really can't handle even that small amount of smoke, your only real choice for inhalation is a vaporization. In that case, the Volcano has no real competition...unfortunately brand new they retail $500+ but you can find a gently used one on Craigslist for half that any day of the week. Vaporizing is a way of releasing the THC from the buds at temperatures below those of combustion/smoking; like steam, except instead of boiling water you boil THC and the buds don't burn they just turn brown. Either way, smoking or vaporizing is generally the best way to go about getting high unless you are an athlete or just can't stand inhaling anything at all. That being said, the world's most accomplished Olympian ever smoked out of your average basement stoner's bong :deal
  7. Pablo83

Pablo83 Sleep, Wrench, Ride

Oddometer:
  8. HellSickle

HellSickle Scone Rider

Oddometer:
    You are quite the encyclopedia of drug details.

The state has a lot of work to do in the next year. Just like beer and hard alcohol, I can imagine that the contents will need to be labeled. I can easily see a 10X variation in concentration depending on the processing.
  9. Myfuture_yourdebt

Myfuture_yourdebt Banned

Oddometer:
    ...dare I imply that I indulge :rofl

I'm just trying to help some of you old farts have a decent "first time back" or first time ever smoking the reefer. I'd hate to read about an ADVRider eating a brownie and then getting into an accident or freaking out after thinking that brownie was no worse than a regular toke...au contraire.
  10. LarryGS

LarryGS Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I've done my fair share of imbibing over the years, some years more than others.
    Products like Cheeba Chews and the like are deceptively strong. I've awakened after 1/6 of a high dose Cheeba Chew, Indica, and almost couldn't brush my teeth. I was that stoned. Be careful.
    The Magic Flight Launch Box is a great little vaporizer, battery operated. It hasn't failed in many a use. Portable, unconditionally guaranteed, made of wood and some wiring, stealthy, great on the lift or movie theater.
    Our 14 y.o., high schooler saw the article about the putzes that dosed their classmates and prof. at CU and said "how could they be so stupid and think they were going to get away with that? They'll probably be kicked out of school for that and what other college is going to take them.They're pretty disrespectful, too" Pretty right on.
    Please don't dose unsuspecting folks. Just plain wrong.
  11. MountainsandRivers

MountainsandRivers loves dirty things!

Oddometer:
    Don't worry, i prefer Jen and the kids anyway!:lol3
  12. jimmex

jimmex Guero con moto Supporter

Oddometer:
    That's why they call it neo-conservatism.
  13. unaweep

unaweep Uses lotsa band-aids

Oddometer:
    And, if you do,

It's criminal. You'll get charged, criminally, and rightfully so. :nod

Never fuck with anyone like that.
  14. rob feature

rob feature pull my finger

Oddometer:
    Man, those cops at Bonnaroo are notorious for giving pretty much everyone a hard time. I went once - had an OK time, but if the heat, mud & elbow-to-elbow shit doesn't get ya, the cops probably will. Those guys are DICKS!

I took the truck on a 2 week camping trip around CO during the Summer and took some treats along...most notably a 100mg chocolate. I got back from the day's MTB ride, cooked dinner, finished it off with HALF that chocolate and started washing dishes. By the time I got everything good & cleaned and a fire going, the chocolate started kicking in. Actually, there wasn't much of a transition. It hit kinda hard. I was fekken' WASTED for a solid 4 hours. I've never been so stoned nor for so long. And I'm no nOOb where the THC is concerned although this was my first infused treat. You gotta be careful with the edibles :deal.
  15. rob feature

Oddometer:
    :nod
  16. HellSickle

HellSickle Scone Rider

Oddometer:
    With any luck, pmita prison.
  17. rob feature

Oddometer:

I've been sorta on the fence about the whole jailtime thing - particularly with this CU event. And it all boils down to intent. Jail will probably wreck these young folks' lives and make them a problem for society for the long term.

A thousand hours or so of picking up trash or working for free in their field for the benefit of the greater good, on the other hand, should get the point across and actually do something for society at large.

I mean, this wasn't a violent thing. It was incredibly selfish, stupid, thoughtless and many other things. But I question the intent to do actual harm.

They should be punished harshly, but jail tends to strengthen criminal tendencies. I've always been of the opinion that jail should be reserved for the violent.

As far as their academic careers go, especially since they're both from out of state, they should be banned from public CO colleges for life. Starting yesterday.
  18. HellSickle

HellSickle Scone Rider

Oddometer:
    Good points. They are being charged with a felony and most likely kicked out of school. Their lives won't be the same.

The state is going to have to show they are tough with enforcing regulations around MJ if they want to keep the fed's from jumping in.
  19. MeterPig

MeterPig Meh

Oddometer:
    I hope the state does throw the book at them. I am all for individual choices if over 18, but forcing a drug on someone unsuspecting is in my mind close to rape. If someone poisoned my daughters...I wonder if it would be me going to jail.
  20. Myfuture_yourdebt

Myfuture_yourdebt Banned

Oddometer:
    What would happen if they had snuck some caffeine into the food then the unsuspecting people had caffeine-related freak-outs? What about Ex-lax? Would the perps still be facing felony charges and potential prison time?