aux lighting switch

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by Meritlane, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Meritlane

Meritlane Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am going to mount some Kolpin or Rigid lights to the F8. I'd love to see some switch mounting solution pictures.
  2. Loutre

Loutre Cosmopolitan Adv

Oddometer:
  3. ebrabaek

ebrabaek Long timer

Oddometer:
    GPS Master, through BMW socket.... and Denali LED's aux'es. Waterproof switches...

[​IMG]
  4. Meritlane

Oddometer:
    nice installation, also worth a discussion that I haven't seen is, Rigid led's... are you running spots or floods? Why?
  5. Nacho911

Nacho911 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Get an A7 parasitic switch. Use your existing switch to turn of your aux lights. See at mountain motorrad.ca. They have them. I have it ant it's great
  6. 9Realms

9Realms Drawn in by the complex plot

Oddometer:
  7. Dorito

Dorito Dreamer and Doer

Oddometer:
  8. Meritlane

Oddometer:

I couldn't find this parasitic switch to see what it's all about but there at great options here. is anyone using the switch that comes with the Rigids?
    funny that you can get a nice$10 bar mount switch from Tusk or pay $30 for one from Highway
  9. PatrickM

PatrickM Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Totally loving the HDB setup, gives a lot of flexibility. I just happen to have two powerlets hard wired to the battery up top myself (can't remember if it's a 10A or 15A fuse) for heated gear

Care to describe your setup? I saw the "key attachment" but the description is a bit lax on their web page... Arrows, pictures, etc. would be much appreciated!
  10. Nacho911

Nacho911 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  11. greenthumb

greenthumb b00b

Oddometer:
    The concept and functionality of this is awesome!
  12. JAWracing

JAWracing n00bsticle

Oddometer:
    I have used the same switch mounting position on my bike, except I used a round non-illuminated water proof switch (personal choice). Fits perfectly there if you measure it right, and the wires poke up underneath nicely.

I only installed my Rigid DUALLY's a week ago, with the spot option. I used the bike coming home from work at 1am this morning. Amazing beam length, which I have only had before on a 4WD with Xenon driving lights. The lights paid for themselves this morning when I got to see a few kangaroos jumping out onto the road in front of me, so I had time to jump on the brakes instead of plowing into them. :clap:clap:clap
  13. Meritlane

Oddometer:
    so if i get the spot versions of the lights will I see kangaroos even though I live in California.

Any other thoughts or reason to choose floods?
  14. ebrabaek

ebrabaek Long timer

Oddometer:
    With either halogen or hid , the stock has a good flood pattern..... The led foods would mirror that...... Apps will enhance the light pattern

I am not even going to delete this... Let it be a warning what happens if you type fast, and your iphone auto corrects you..... when....ehh...uhhmmmmm... your in another language mode..... pfffsstttt...:D:lol3:clap
  15. Meritlane

Oddometer:
    what the heck are you saying?
  16. ebrabaek

ebrabaek Long timer

Oddometer:
    Dang I phone.... I was in Danish keyboard mode....and did not catch that it was auto correcting....ha ha.....
    The stock light has a nice spread...ie. flood pattern....No need to mirror that by adding another set of floods. Whereas a set of spot's will reach out farther, and compliment the stock flood pattern nicely..... lemmesee.....ehhhh... yep looks good.....:D:lol3
  17. JAWracing

JAWracing n00bsticle

Oddometer:
    I think this might be Rigids new marketing slogan. With their lights, they guarentee that NO riders will EVER blindly run into a Kangaroo in the Californian outback...:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl