ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-15-2014, 08:23 AM   #136
Garp
Beastly Adventurer
 
Garp's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: Newtown, CT
Oddometer: 2,286
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdenn View Post
But what really concerns me is TT refusal to post a negative review on their product. What purpose does only great reviews do for the consumer? nothing for the consumer but good the the seller. If I read reviews and all the reviews are great, I assume no one ever has a problem with the product. That is a major red flag for me TT should post the reviews as they come in or totally do away with the reviews.
I suspect they didn't post it because they had no record of the OP actually purchasing the item from them, which we now know he never did. Customer reviews are valuable. Random reviews from people who may, or may not, actually own the product are a lot less valuable.

Also, if you take the time to look over the reviews that are posted on their site, they don't seem to shy away from legitimate critical 1 star reviews.

Garp screwed with this post 08-15-2014 at 09:45 AM
Garp is offline  
Old 08-15-2014, 09:39 AM   #137
ExDucRider
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2014
Oddometer: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdenn View Post
But what really concerns me is TT refusal to post a negative review on their product. What purpose does only great reviews do for the consumer? nothing for the consumer but good the the seller. If I read reviews and all the reviews are great, I assume no one ever has a problem with the product. That is a major red flag for me TT should post the reviews as they come in or totally do away with the reviews.
I heard Yelp makes money from a company that pays them to "NOT" publish a bad review from a customer.
ExDucRider is offline  
Old 08-15-2014, 09:41 AM   #138
Boondoggle
Gear Grinder
 
Boondoggle's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Central VA
Oddometer: 13,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdenn View Post
If I read reviews and all the reviews are great, I assume no one ever has a problem with the product. That is a major red flag for me TT should post the reviews as they come in or totally do away with the reviews.
Well, when the reviewer is only telling half-truths and just has an axe to grind, it's questionable whether the review is of any value.
__________________
____
HalcyonDaze, still in the thicket, searched frantically for a leaf that wasn't dry and crumbly.
What is wrong with you guys? -RapidWife
I've been poking a giant bouncy ball with a needle. You feel anything yet? -Blake716
Boondoggle is offline  
Old 08-15-2014, 09:48 AM   #139
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer
 
Mambo Dave's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Pompano Beach, FL
Oddometer: 4,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorcyclefanatic View Post

don't take crap. $300 is a lot of money for a tank bag. It better work fucking perfect. If it doesn't i want it fixed or my money back.
+ 1

We don't buy premium products at premium prices to have to replace or fix them early. Both companies are out of their minds if they think this will fly with the buying public.

One company rests their reputation on the 'fine' products the other company creates. They chose to carry the product line, thus they incur the headaches of that product line as long as it is profitable, or until enough happens that they drop that product line.

Why not just sell cheap Chinese knock-offs at low prices?
__________________
"After reading through this thread I've come to the conclusion
that more people cruise the internet looking for reasons why
X bike won't work in Y scenario rather than actually riding
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Mambo Dave is offline  
Old 08-15-2014, 10:08 AM   #140
Simplyred
Studly Adventurer
 
Simplyred's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Oddometer: 549
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastery View Post
Retailers obligation finished when you accepted the item. That's what warranties are for...
In the US, that might be the case. In some European countries this is quite different. In The Netherlands, retailers are forced by Law to accept warranty claims even outside what the manufacturer has in place. Here, the Law will protect the buyer for a period that he could be assumed to use the product in good state. For example, a washing machine could have 1 year guarantee, but if general life expectancy of the item is for instance 5 years, the retailer will have to honor guarantee claims for 5 years (minus usage value decline).
This is to prevent that the retailer willingly sells his customers crap and simply points to a manufacturer who may be in the midst of Africa for all I care.
The retailer has a responsibility for what he sells around here. And I am glad they do...
__________________
Quote:
I was visiting my young friend last night when I asked if I could borrow a newspaper. “This is the 21st century, old man,” he said. “We don’t waste money on newspapers. Here, you can borrow my iPad.” I can tell you, that fly never knew what hit it...
Simplyred is offline  
Old 08-15-2014, 01:37 PM   #141
maddognsc OP
Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2014
Location: Greenwood SC
Oddometer: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondoggle View Post
Well, when the reviewer is only telling half-truths and just has an axe to grind, it's questionable whether the review is of any value.
Boondoggle... I wish I knew where these accusations of "half truths" is coming from. When I called TT I was totally up front with when and where I got the bag. This isn't a case of trying to get TT to send me free parts for an item that was purchased on EBay, that wouldn't be right. This isn't a case of trying to return an item for cash when i didn't purchase it, that wouldn't be right. This is a case of a defective part. Others on the board have said that they had similar problems with the part. TT has admitted it was defective, they're even making a video to show how to get it off when it sticks. NOT BEING THE ORIGINAL OWNER OF THE DEFECTIVE PART HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS POST!

How do you make the quantum leap from me not including irrelevant information in my original post to making "half truths"? I also never included the year or color of my bike... is that relevant information that was omitted creating a "half truth"?
maddognsc is offline  
Old 08-15-2014, 01:44 PM   #142
genka
SUV hater
 
genka's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Baltimore, MD
Oddometer: 1,504
The half truth part was that you never mentioned that you had no proof that the part in question was still within the warranty period. And judging by the age of you bike, it was a fair chance that the warranty was over.
__________________
.

Форум мотоциклистов в США http://www.xytopok.net/mvnforum/listthreads?forum=31
genka is offline  
Old 08-15-2014, 01:57 PM   #143
Garp
Beastly Adventurer
 
Garp's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: Newtown, CT
Oddometer: 2,286
Apparently the primary reason that Twisted Throttle denied your original request was because you didn't buy the part from them. You knew that before you ever started this thread. You choose not to mention that all the while saying you "paid a premium price". You really honestly can't see how someone could see that as "half truths"?

You remind me of a Used Car salesman who sells an Ex-Rental car as "One Owner". The truth, but only the select part of the truth that fits the story you're trying to paint.
Garp is offline  
Old 08-15-2014, 03:48 PM   #144
maddognsc OP
Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2014
Location: Greenwood SC
Oddometer: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by genka View Post
The half truth part was that you never mentioned that you had no proof that the part in question was still within the warranty period. And judging by the age of you bike, it was a fair chance that the warranty was over.
Genka... That's not true. I do have the origional receipt that shows that the bag was purchased withing the 2 year warrantee. When I originally called TT I didn't hide the fact that I purchased the bag as part of my purchase of the bike. Their issue wasn't the warrantee period, it was that I wasn't the original purchaser of the bag and therefore they were not going to honor the warrantee. But again, we're talking about a defective part. Whoever owns the defective part is immaterial. I thought that TT was a company that would stand behind their products regardless of who the current owner was based on the claims on their website... here it is:
---------------------------------------------------
We don’t carry everything from every manufacturer, but if it’s on our website:

It fits
It works
It does what we say it will.
It won't fail you when you need it most.
Get your gear with confidence. Now go ride. 'Nuff said.
-------------------------------------------------------

"It Works"..."It won't fail when you need it most" implies that they will replace a defective part. That was and is my issue.

Now on to lowering myself to those on the short bus... Garp....
------------------------------------------------------
Apparently the primary reason that Twisted Throttle denied your original request was because you didn't buy the part from them. You knew that before you ever started this thread. You choose not to mention that all the while saying you "paid a premium price". You really honestly can't see how someone could see that as "half truths"?

You remind me of a Used Car salesman who sells an Ex-Rental car as "One Owner". The truth, but only the select part of the truth that fits the story you're trying to paint.
--------------------------------------------------------
First of all you're wrong about the issue of "not buy the part from them" because the reason they denied my original request was because I wasn't the original owner, but the part was bought through them. Now that you're through with remedial English as a Second Language you should focus on Reading Comprehension. Go back and read the response from Kevin... he points that out very clearly. TT said that the reason they had this policy was because they were getting people that were selling SWM products on EBay and they were getting calls from people that needed spare parts that weren't included in the sale. While I can understand their postion that has NOTHING to do with a defective part! Where the part was purchase (even though it was purchased from TT) is immaterial. Resellers shouldn't be held responsible for defective products especially if they have no knowledge of the defective part. Manufacturers Distributors are held responsible in areas where the Manufacturer is unreachable, which is exactly this case.

TT has admitted that this is a defective part. They have know that this is a defective part. They're making a video to show how to get the thing off the tank when it does stick because it's a defective part. That's a workaround of the problem not fixing the defective part. Just because I'm the second owner of the defective part doesn't mean it's not a defective part!

But expecting Garp to understand this is like expecting your dog to understand Quantum Physics. Garp relies on personal attacks rather than intelligent discussions. As he has admitted he attacks the messenger not the message. Glad I'm not in his riding group.
maddognsc is offline  
Old 08-15-2014, 03:56 PM   #145
GB
Mod Squad
 
GB's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto, ON
Oddometer: 55,380
This thread has gone full circle.. .. it's done.

from OP:

Edit 8/16: Twisted Throttle has since rectified the situation by sending me a new latch. If you don't read through the entire thread I encourage you to at least read Kevins (the CEO) post on page 6. I believe that TT is a reputable company that is trying to have "best of breed" business practices. I will continue to patronize their company and I encourage others to do the same.
__________________
ADV decals, patches & flag? Here

GB screwed with this post 08-16-2014 at 06:39 PM
GB is offline  
Closed Thread

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014