1. KJD19892

KJD19892 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Possibly but I work a couple hours west of nash and I dont think I'm going to be off till 9 or so thurs night.
  2. BajaDoug

BajaDoug Swabbie

Oddometer:
    I have rode alot of winrock. It's about 3.5 hrs from nashvegas out 40 east. I stopped going because it was just me and my 4 wheel couch. There is alot of riding to do. Watch out for the other guy that come around the corner on your side. Also the side by sides and jeeps think they own the place and you'll come flying around a corner and there will be 10 to 15 of them just sitting there picking their nose blocking the WHOLE road.

It is fun and there are some very fast trails. Also you must watch out for the coal trucks coming down the hill. They are HUGE and can't stop.

Here is a video I made and I know I'm on my 4 wheeler but it shows alot of the terrain.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xbYiaOqJbyU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I might be able to make it on the 450x:evil
  3. ihatefalling

ihatefalling Let it roll

Oddometer:
    HELL YEA !

I didn't know you had made that video !!

ROCK THE F ON BAJA DOUG :super
  4. ihatefalling

ihatefalling Let it roll

Oddometer:
    And BRING YO SELF !

You NEED a few days off ! ! ! ! ! !:freaky
  5. Alfredo(icelander)

Alfredo(icelander) Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Hell yeah that looks like it would be fun:D. and only 4 miles no problem:huh
  6. Alfredo(icelander)

Oddometer:

I will share if I have to:D. My tank holds around 3gallons or more I wont charge much:evil
  7. KJD19892

Oddometer:
    Awesome!! :D
    And yeah I've come across a couple of the rigs that baja spoke of. They get your attention pretty quick. Lol
  8. Alfredo(icelander)

Oddometer:
  9. Tellico Camper

Tellico Camper Serving since lunch

Oddometer:
    You guys suck! I wish I could go:(
  10. ihatefalling

ihatefalling Let it roll

Oddometer:
    Fixt . . . . :wink:

I would rather be cold and dry than cold and wet :D

Fri Nov 9

[​IMG] 59<sup>°</sup>
    41<sup>°</sup>
    Sunny

<dl><dt>Chance of rain:</dt><dd>0%</dd></dl> <dl><dt>Wind:</dt><dd> SW at 3 mph </dd></dl> Details

Sat Nov 10

[​IMG] 64<sup>°</sup>
    44<sup>°</sup>
    Sunny

<dl><dt>Chance of rain:</dt><dd>0%</dd></dl> <dl><dt>Wind:</dt><dd> S at 5 mph </dd></dl>
  11. Wlfman

Wlfman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Now you went and JINXED it :eek1:eek1:eek1
  12. Spinnit man

Spinnit man Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Gonna be a good'en I got a feelin we puttin some miles on'em in the sun ! ! Better get it worked out and get on board !
    :nod
  13. trblmkr

trblmkr Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sorry man that I have not been helping out much around here, but been trying to work ahead so I can leave next Thursday. I have found my old map for the mountain from 2005 that is easier to read than the new ones.

Trail 12 is probably one of the more challenging trails there due to very rocky terrain and many river crossings. These are river crossings not creek crossings with some of the crossing being very wide across and having to sorta drop in and climb out. If we come in from trail 13 to trail 12, there is a steady very rocky downhill descent. We would always come in this way so we wouldn't have to try to climb out on this section. When I was up there in March the river was flowing pretty good and would not have been doable on bikes and trail 10 which is a climb out proved to be a real challenge because of the deep ruts even with 4x4 quads. The pictures I posted is the climb out on trail 10. There is a trail 9 that is easier off of trail 12 we just couldn't find it. The problem up there like so many areas is the hunters come in there and take down the trail markers to keep people out of there favorite hunting spot. There is a road that sorta runs parallel with trail 12, but the problems is once you drop in on trail 12 from either trail 9,10 or 13 you have to climb out or ride outlaw style around a gate that will take you to 116. The new river general store I told you about on 116 is approx. 6 miles from where trail 12 and trail 10 come together if this helps out for those that will need fuel. I would say that if it is dry and they haven't had rain up there to get the river up than trail 12 would be fun but still challenging.
    I have been riding atvs up there since 2005, but never ridden a bike at coal creek so I am sure we could find some better lines to take on trail 12 compared to being on a atv and having to always stay in the ruts type of thing because of the width of a atv.
  14. Skidrow bum

Skidrow bum Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I can make it for the ride on Saturday. Thanks for putting this together.
  15. ihatefalling

ihatefalling Let it roll

Oddometer:
    Hey Trbl . . . . thanks for the update.
    And of course I'm at work now so I don't have my map :(

I'm wondering about what you said. All the trail vids I watch on youtube are guys in jeeps or quads. They have to go slow but I look at the lines they are taking and say "man that is Sequatchie on an easy day"..... usrely we can get thru there a whole lot faster.

Hey Trbl...... do you know if (going from memory here).....when you come down (i think) 13 and you meet up with 12 on the right..... if you take 13 straight ahead instead of getting on 12, can you get out of the park and to the store that way? Again.... I might have those trail #s totally wrong...

And perhaps just one last friendly reminder...... be forewarned... I KNOW FROM EXPERIENCE :huh that some of the guys in this group are known to just "disappear" and leave leave Mr. "cant make it up hills b/c I showed up on slick tires" behind :evil
  16. trblmkr

Oddometer:
    Skidrow !!!!!! Welcome to all this craziness round here.:rofl We might know each other.:ear We lived in McDonough from 1993 til 2008 and still have property there off of Jonesboro Rd near I-75.
  17. trblmkr

Oddometer:
    Wanted to just give you all some things to consider.:thumb For the first couple years of riding at CC on atvs my group has tried everything to stay warm and even more important to stay dry. Because of all the water crossing and just simple splashing around trying to avoid all the mud holes up there you are going to get wet. We have found that riding in boot Waders is by far the only way to stay dry and neoprene style waders keeps you warm. The problem for bike riders is the boot style waders does not give you the protection we need like our MX books do. So, I have a pair of neoprene stocking foot waders like these http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/s...or=Green&Ntt=Magellan+neoprene+waders&Ntk=All
    all I have to do is take my inserts out of my tech 8 boots and these stocking foot waders work. This keeps your feet from getting wet and cold even if your boot fills up with water. The only other problem that might arise is you cannot buckle your riding pants because of the thickness of the neoprene. I have to let out the adjustment straps out all the way on both sides of my pants to make this work for me. If you have the ability to try these on at a store I recommend getting them as small as you can to keep them fitting tight around your body. Neoprene is very stretchy and is comfortable to me.

These do work also for the just splashing around, but just do not come up high enough if you get splashed enough times up and over the top of your boot or have to put your foot down while crossing a just realized:eek1 deep mud hole or water hole. http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/s...389_-1?color=Black&Ntt=Neoprene+socks&Ntk=All

I know this trip is going to be expensive for us all and not trying to cause more expense. All I am trying to do is make this a good trip and keep everyone educated on some of my past issues up there.
    and before you guys ask I do not work at this store I just shop at one often.:D
  18. Skidrow bum

Skidrow bum Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have lived in Henry County for 28 years. Been a member of GARTRA for 15+ years and ridden (not raced) SETRA and SERA. Love to ride and I look forward to meeting you next weekend.
  19. KJD19892

Oddometer:
    Ok finally got word from the boss man I will be there for the ride Friday. Saturday I will still be around but my cousin is going to meet me there and were going to do some exploring on our own. My bike has also has been down graded once again I'm going to be on my crf230 now
  20. trblmkr

Oddometer:
    It is important that everyone has some good rubber on and please check your spokes for tightness. Our tires and wheels will take a beating up there for sure not to mention the leaves that are falling will be hiding all those rocks on the trail.