Today's [North] East Craigslist Finds

Discussion in 'Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carp' started by SteveBroskey, Jun 16, 2007.

1. wyomingriviera

wyomingriviera Ghostface Killah

Oddometer:
  2. hppyfngy

hppyfngy not dead yet

Oddometer:
    Pretty neat! 1nd owner, bought it with 10k on the clock, daily drove it for 5k carefree miles and it still only has 10k miles on it!

His commute must be through a time tunnel or a wormhole or something like that...
  3. Bleemus

Bleemus Long timer

Oddometer:
    I emailed the Bonny scammer saying I would pay full price and could pick it up tomorrow just for a laugh. His reply . . .

Hello, I am Sgt Tom Glasser... I am sorry for replying so late. At the moment I am in Shuaiba Port in Kuwait. Me and my squad have to do some diving training here. We are to stay here for approximately one year. I need to sell it ASAP so I'm letting it go so low for I don't want it to get old for nothing. It is undamaged, it has no scratches, no hidden defects or dents. It is in an immaculate condition, mileage 10,797 and it hasn't been involved in any accident. I have the title, clear, price according to the ad $2.200. The actual location for the 2005 Triumph Bonneville is in Austin,TX. I will take care of the shipping in case it gets sold. If you are still interested in it, I will be waiting for your reply. Thanks in advance

I then emailed him back saying "what a coincidence! I will be in Austin,Texas on Thursday and can give whoever is holding it for you cash and rise it home! Let me know the address and phone number to contact!
  4. 175grams

175grams Old Town Outfitters, Antigua, Guatemala

Oddometer:
    haha, keep us posted. hate when they use US military service as part of the scam.
  5. Mohawk Unit

Mohawk Unit Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You've inspired me to do my part and fight back. I'm going to email him and say I live in Austin Texas but was searching nationwide for a Bonneville, found this ad, and am willing to do a fly and ride.
  6. Rusty Rocket

Rusty Rocket Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer:
  7. JustRon

JustRon ex-broadwayron

Oddometer:
    I wish there was a way to get these scammers in trouble... sometimes I screw with them, like above. But, I'd really like to see them pay (financially and/or physically).
    They are absolutely scum of the earth.
  8. kenny61

kenny61 old and crippled

Oddometer:
    Some genius figured out how to make one of the pay a decent amount on fed ex overnight shipments. It was pretty funny
  9. Bleemus

Bleemus Long timer

Oddometer:
    There are ways. One guy did a whole blog on him scamming Nigerian scammers working out of the UK. It was hilarious. I doubt I will hear from him again but will continue to push his buttons if he replies.
  10. the schwartz

the schwartz Buckethead Wendy

Oddometer:
    tell him you're a master diver and you're visiting kuwait for your summer vacation in July, can he ship the bike there so you can ride it while you visit and go diving with him and his army buddies
  11. Wickedadv

Wickedadv Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Also ask him if it would be ok if you could send him a check for more money and he could wire you less money for a net profit.... Our nigerian friend does it all the time! :)
  12. SDIZZY

SDIZZY Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  13. Rusty Rocket

Oddometer:
  14. Paebr332

Paebr332 Good news everyone!

Oddometer:
  15. cjbiker

cjbiker Nobody's Robot

Oddometer:
  16. AWM

AWM Beard Bros Racing

Oddometer:

Always wanted one for a comuter bike.Looks clean,,,,,,$3500 is about what it cost new.:lol3
    Cool little bike
  17. Rusty Rocket

Oddometer:
  18. Rusty Rocket

Oddometer:
  19. Chuckracer

Chuckracer Jerkus Maximus

Oddometer:
    Holy Hell - my first streetbike! It was 1979, 16 years old, coming off 5 years of Motocross...good times! :clap
  20. arapaho

arapaho Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    From the ad:

I have a spotless 2007 drz400s. I don't think the bike has ever left the road. There is literally one bolt head with surface rust starting and that is it. Been inside its whole life. I recently bought it and put DOT tires on. Trials in the rear, knobby up front, the best tires you can get. Has been JD jetted and has a manual cam chain tensioner but I have the original stuff as well. I put case savers on it and bar risers which you can take if your a taller guy and like the space they give you. It runs great and and sounds good. Only 4377 miles with a clean title. I checked valves and the clearances are well within range. Fresh synthetic moto oil change and filter. Bike is good to go. I am moving and can only fit 1 bike in my truck. I have 2 so this ones going sadly. It has a nice rear light setup to get rid of huge blinkers which aren't dot approved but most moto places will inspect it anyways. I do have original setup if you want to use it to inspect it. This bike doesn't have a scratch on it. It's absurd. Come check it out.

No pics

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/mcy/4525476838.html