Tasmanian Riders Hub

Discussion in 'Australia' started by DonQx, Apr 4, 2007.

1. AussieMasada

AussieMasada Worlds Slowest Ural

Oddometer:
    I am going to pick one up during the week so will let you know. They look alright.
  2. FLICKIT

FLICKIT Long timer

Oddometer:
    Page-28 of their catalogue:
    [​IMG]
  3. mildadventurer

mildadventurer n00b

Oddometer:
    Thanks all, for a lovely Friday Niter. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. Steamy Moose

Steamy Moose Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'lll have to pop into the L'ton store and have a look. I think Oztrail has a good rap, have seen many a foldable gazebo made by them being used. I also need to go and check out the new anaconda shop in town, heard they have some good deals on gear.

Thanks for posting up the add Flickit!
  5. Mark or Jack

Mark or Jack BMW F 800 GS

Oddometer:
    If you search for "Oztrail Biker Swag" (not Wentworth) on ebay you will find them for $130 with free postage.

They are 5kg so not the best for on a bike but probably okay for general camping.

I don't use my swag unless I know I will be under a tarp or some other form of primary shelter.
  6. Lost Doug

Lost Doug BMW F800 Guy Smiley.

Oddometer:
    Hey guys and girls,

If anyone happens to be riding in Judbury soon, specifically Bracken Ridge Trail, please keep an eye out for a HTC Mobile phone that came out of my pocket on Sunday 15/01/2012.

Its a long shot that I will ever see it again I know, but worth a try. I checked to see if I had reception at the top end (Higher altitude end) of the Bracken Ridge Trail, and when I made it to the Huon River some time later I went to check again and it was nowhere to be found.

I did stop to take some pics close to the end of the "road" section of the trail, before it reverts back to single track. I will post up some pics of where I stopped later. I think that would be the most likely place it would be.

The SIM card has been blocked, but the phone itself has lots of pics and videos, specifically of my 17 month old daughter that I would love to get back.

Needle in a haystack kind of stuff, but hey, there's always hope.

Thanks,

Lost Doug.
  7. Steamy Moose

Oddometer:
    U'd be surprised what you can find mate. I was out fishing and dropped my phone in a creek, really dark tan water, couldn't see it for the life of me. Went back about 2 months latter with a mate after it had flooded to go fishing again and he found my phone, had been washed up onto the bank after the flooding.

With a bit of luck if a few people travel that way you'll find it. Nothing worse than losing a phone. Hope you find it!
  8. AussieMasada

Oddometer:
    Just got home from Harris Scarf. The Wentworth is the one on special in the catalogue which they only have out in Moonah for any southerners thinking about getting one. The biker swags are in Hobart up in the clearance section. I got mine today for $130.00. They have gone back up to the original price of close to $300.00 but they still give it to me for the discounted price :clap.

Now I must go riding
  9. jozz

jozz Adventurer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG][/QUOTE]
    Ah!! at last! someone who understands my kind of mechanics...the importance of gaffer tape and WD. All the tools you ever need :) save a wave a smile at a passing ute...

Thanks for the Judbury meet. Good to catch up with everyone again. And meet some newer folks.
  10. Mark or Jack

Oddometer:
    Well once you spend a night in it to determine if it's any good, anyone else that wants one can look below :deal
  11. Steamy Moose

Oddometer:
    Sounds like a good deal! also count's as an excuse to do an overnight trip as well, "need to try the new swag".
  12. AussieMasada

Oddometer:
    I currently use a bivvie bag with a sleeping bag rolled out in it so a swag with a mattress has to be a step up in the comfort department.

Have already sort approval from SWMBO for an overnighter. As a shift worker that works every weekend, just have to try and sort something out start to midweek.
  13. MacMan

MacMan Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    DirtisGood, I think we may have seen you and Clan Guzzi fueling up with a 1200GS at Miena on the morning of 14.1.12. We'd spent the previous night at the Great Lake Hotel after a very wet few days from 10.1.12 to 12.1.12 down in SW and Lake St Clair. None of the crew were that keen to go exploring the dirt on the roadies but I was itching to find out what exists to the North and West of the pub.

Overall, we had a great trip. We were a little bummed about the weather on the leg SW, but as soon as we left Derwent Bridge we were in clear conditions 99% of the way. We've not succeeded in choosing a favourite spot. MUST RETURN AND REFINE SHORTLIST. :D
  14. DirtisGood

DirtisGood Rhino Adventures

Oddometer:
    We had a ball plenty of dirt roads all the way to Cockle Creek an return.
    I traveled 950 kms from Sheffield and return.
    Will post the next ride and you will have get your clan to come along. Possibly North East, plenty of dirt roads up there and good camping at Weldborough Pub.
  15. DirtisGood

Oddometer:
    Catching up with Bone Shaker for lunch tomorrow to work out the finer details of a ride for the North East for February.
    Will post details after tomorrow. We want heaps of punters to come along, good gravel roads and tracks in the area.
  16. Mark or Jack

Oddometer:
    I may be able to squeeze in a little ride in February.
  17. DirtisGood

Oddometer:
    February 17th, 18th & 19th looks like the dates we came up with. Bone Shaker and I are heading of on Friday 19th from Deddington towards Lilydale via gravel, then navigating through to Weldborough that night. Base camping at the Pub for 2 nights. So if anyone wants to join in get in touch.
  18. FLICKIT

FLICKIT Long timer

Oddometer:
    I wasn't happy about skipping through the west coast on my last trip so I headed back up there for a few days, got home late last night after a 600km run home...

<iframe src="http://ridewithgps.com/routes/908253/embed" height="768px" width="1024px" frameborder="0"></iframe>

I ended up doing 1500 km in 4 days, some very challenging stuff... Mt McCall down to the Franklin River, Mt Cleveland, and some nasty tracks up in the forests west of Hellyer Gorge...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'll write about it and post some photos and videos over the next few days... I'll just add it to my last ride report if anyones interested:
    http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=17808924#post17808924

I highly recommend the ride into Mt McCall (get the key from the Queenstown park rangers office between 8:30-9:30 am) ... be aware the last km or so of the track is pretty steep and rough, it would be wise to dump your gear on the side of the track before heading down there...

Mt Cleveland between Waratah and Savage River is stunning... it's a good condition road but it's ridiculously steep, it would be wise to dump your load before heading up there also...

:clap
  19. Mark or Jack

Oddometer:
    Hmm, my wife will be visiting me at that time, it's a long story but we live 5000k's apart for work reasons, I am currently visiting her :)

Might be able to get out for a day trip, I will see how we go.

She heads north on the first weekend in March leaving me to bach it again so I will be looking for rides after that.

I'll be doing a ride with my brother Lost Doug the weekend after wifey leaves, heading to Melbourne for the F1 the weekend after that followed by the Longford revival the weekend after that.

After that I might go riding :)
  20. Mark or Jack

Oddometer:
    Can any of you guys tell me where the Western Explorer goes to after leaving Corinna?

I'm thinking of doing a bit of North West Tasmania via the Western Explorer and then heading home to Hadspen near Launceston.

Cheers, Jack