Yooperbikemike's 2013 MotoGP Thread

Discussion in 'Racing' started by yooperbikemike, Nov 11, 2012.

1. DC2wheels

DC2wheels Castle Anthrax troll Supporter

Oddometer:
    This image of Bradley really shows how these guys load the front end. Not much more left- that's a tiny bit o' sunshine under the rear tire.

[​IMG]
  2. kyns

kyns Long timer

Oddometer:
    Are those front brake lever "hooks" now mandatory ?? Everyone has them on...
    I can allready see the aftermarket industry squeezing those for the posers, with chrome swings...:puke2

Marky looks faster than i thought, this early. I think the title is gonna be between Rossi, JLO and MM. Pedrosa ain't got it, he would have to beat MM to have a chance, dont see that happening. I don't really give a shit about the title, just wanna see close battles. Bring it !!!!

Gooooooooo Rossiiiiiiii !!!!!!!!!!!!
  3. mdubya

mdubya Right Brigade

Oddometer:
    I believe they are.
  4. mdubya

mdubya Right Brigade

Oddometer:
    <object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3IIxfxr-zXk?hl=en_US&amp;version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3IIxfxr-zXk?hl=en_US&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

___
  5. mdubya

mdubya Right Brigade

Oddometer:
    A couple of cool ones of Marquez

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

___
  6. mdubya

mdubya Right Brigade

Oddometer:
  7. Pecha72

Pecha72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Krop made another good observation on his site: MM is going faster (today Wednesday over 0.5 secs faster) than Stefan Bradl, who also rides a factory-spec Honda at Sepang, AND has a year in MotoGP & Bridgestone tyres under his belt.
  8. Turder

Turder Throttle engineer

Oddometer:

Hola from Spain:deal

[​IMG]
  9. Turder

Turder Throttle engineer

Oddometer:
    From Christian Gabbarini (via Jose G. Maroto on twitter):

"In many ways resembles Casey"
    "He is very sensitive on the gas. Already begun to understand how to make the bike slide"
  10. dontlr

dontlr Banned

Oddometer:

You never heard Honda say We expect Bradl to …….. Everyone knows what an incredibly talented rider MM is and no big surprise that he's ahead of Bradl. All the predictions are out for him to be the youngest rider to win a MotoGP race if he does it before Donnington which I certainly wouldn't bet against.
  11. Pecha72

Pecha72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    But just last year he was cheating, according to some.... :lol3
  12. RedRocket

RedRocket Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer:

For the past few months they haven't done much testing because they are not allowed.
    I'm sure they want superior German-gathered data to analyse, not the substandard Italian stuff they have reams of.
  13. dontlr

dontlr Banned

Oddometer:
    @gemma2417: Márquez starts 'playing' with electronics and looking for consistency. 21 flying laps and 14 under the circuit record

@gemma2417: Today, Pedrosa's been working on bike balance. 20 flying laps in total, 9 under the circuit record
  14. yooperbikemike

yooperbikemike high, wide and handsome

Oddometer:
  15. Skowinski

Skowinski opposable thumbs

Oddometer:
    Sounds like both are going fast, but Marquez, 14 of 21 under the record? Are other riders also under? Just wondering if MM is standing out already.....

Edit: or is everyone moving forward in pace, while Ducati remains stationary - or actually slows down?
  16. agmoto

agmoto Gôremā

Oddometer:
    It's really a shame these guys can't have more practice time. To me, it's like telling a doctor that they have a new robot to use for surgery, but they can't use it until the day before the surgery, and for that day, they can only use it for 4 hours, and for 2 of those hours it's malfunctioning.

Silly. :lol3

Andrew
  17. yooperbikemike

yooperbikemike high, wide and handsome

Oddometer:
    The "circuit record" is the fastest race lap (Stoner, 2007 -- 2'02.108) The "fastest lap" time is held by Lorenzo (2012 Q -- 2'00.334).

Lots of riders were under the circuit record, no one bettered the fastest lap..
  18. Crisis management

Crisis management Latte riders FTW!

Oddometer:
    Subtle difference eh? Thanks for the clarification, we sometimes get overwhelmed with statistics here and it's good to see some clarity.

MM's not allowed to win a race until Vale has, he has to take his turn here..... (New MGP rules written by me!) :D
  19. mike54

mike54 You don't get me

Oddometer:
  20. bikerfish

bikerfish flyfishandride

Oddometer:
    oh ducati! Lost ground? yikes, they were already behind, and now even further. well, maybe after this year, Nicky can come back home and get that dirt track mile win!