Here I go again on my own-B1k

Discussion in 'Racing' started by frog, Jul 16, 2012.

1. woodzrider

woodzrider Long timer

Oddometer:
    You could've at least washed it before you gave it to him.................:D
  2. YOGOI

YOGOI Prick

Oddometer:
    Dont fix the subframe. He wont be able to ride one thats strait.
  3. frog

frog Long timer

Oddometer:
    I wanted to give it to him without any lipstick so he could see what shape its really in. :)
  4. frog

frog Long timer

Oddometer:
    Its part of my training so when something gets bent like subframe I'll feel at home. Kinda like when my teammate in 08 handed me a bike that was always turning left. :p
  5. YOGOI

YOGOI Prick

Oddometer:
    I did that for you, because I knew how much you loved NASCAR.
  6. YOGOI

YOGOI Prick

Oddometer:
    Me: Here's the bike, but we have the straiten the front wheel first.

Frog: What, Why?

Me: I had a little crash.

Frog: You what. :huh. (like it was unheard of to have a little get off). :D

Frog: Ahh, f#*k it, It'll be fine.

Frog: BRaaaaaa, Braaaaaa, Braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
  7. frog

frog Long timer

Oddometer:
    Exactly. My training program paid off. :D

I don't think I'd ever heard of you having a get off. That's why I was surprised. You must of gotten caught up in the race which is easy to do when its your first race ever. :eek:
  8. wrk2surf

wrk2surf on the gas or brakes

Oddometer:
    THE exact center of California/Bass lake/Yosemite
    you can use a bottle jack and some pieces of 2x4 to straighten this out as it sits

[​IMG]
  9. pilo

pilo Rhymes with below

Oddometer:
    Work2Surf - I bent it back in place with a lever bar I have on hand for just such occasions!
  10. pilo

pilo Rhymes with below

Oddometer:
    Bike is totally apart and Frog and I have a list that keeps getting longer. At some level this feels more like a vintage race bike restoration than a baja build, but we will get there and it will for sure be solid. Right now it might not feel that way.

[​IMG]

We had to hunt down a new swingarm since the existing one is ready for recycling. I inspected the frame though and it is surprisingly solid.

Side note: I beat, squeezed, heated, cursed and even tried pouting for an hour or so trying to get the bearings out of the swingarm. Is there a trick on the RFS KTMs? I've never had them fight me so much.

New wheel bearings on two rear wheels. Fronts are next. They needed it...

[​IMG]

New brake line on the front...bled and super tight. Nothing more confidence inspiring than a firm front brake I tell ya.

[​IMG]

A little over two weeks for me to get this done before I need to do some traveling for work. Off to ADV'r Harcus' this weekend to get a few welds layed.
  11. Kanook

Kanook Adventure zymologist

Oddometer:
    Good job Pilo. This means we wont have much to do in the pits or on the side of the course and more cerveza for the crew.:rofl
  12. Goofy Footer

Goofy Footer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey Frog, when you're out practice riding, what speeds are you reaching? Say in an open wash, how high do you crank it up?

I ask because I just did my first local desert run here in San Diego and my bike tops out about 65mph on dirt. I think that is a far cry from you guys prob hitting 85+++. I will say however that the more time I spend at 65 through the sand makes 50 seem muuuch easier. My buddy, who is a better technical rider than I am, was having issues seeing the terrain and anticipating things while at speed. I'm assuming you guys have the same thing but you're hauling the mail!

Any thoughts? What speeds are you comfortable at, do you ever do "hot" laps and scare the piss outta yourself or what?
    :dllama
  13. frog

frog Long timer

Oddometer:
    You definitely get used to fast speeds the more you ride them.

Currently my riding has been limited by other commitments which sucks but at least I won't get hurt before the race. I'm planning on heading out this weekend on my super enduro to do some high speed dirt roads because the risk is low and it will get me used o going fast again.

As far as what speed I'm comfortable at that just depends on the terrain. At Vegas to reno on my se I was able to pull 124 mph in a few spots but top speed really isn't that important. If you could ride 40 over all terrain you would be better off then 10 in spots with a 100 plus top speed.
  14. frog

frog Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hickonacrick drew me a cool logo for the bike and some shirts I'm going to make. I can't wait to get down there and get going. All this prep and waiting kinda sucks. :D

What do you think? I did the text my shirt/sticker guy will make it look much better. I have no artistic ability.
    [​IMG]
  15. cross-country

cross-country .

Oddometer:
    Nice! Tough-Frog-Racing? :freaky
  16. beechum1

beechum1 Dandole Gas al Burro

Oddometer:
    Iron Frog. but with english grammar. it would be rana de hierro to speak correct mexican.
  17. cross-country

cross-country .

Oddometer:
    pinche gueros
  18. beechum1

beechum1 Dandole Gas al Burro

Oddometer:
    Asi somos.
  19. frog

frog Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yup english grammar. Figured since I'm a honky i'd mix some honky with spanish.:D
  20. wrk2surf

wrk2surf on the gas or brakes

Oddometer:
    THE exact center of California/Bass lake/Yosemite
    its spanglish.. thats a shot from the frog epic LONG WAY 3 day Vegas to Reno isnt it!