WV dualsports,check in

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by Tetched, Mar 4, 2008.

1. 9Dave

9Dave Bazinga!

Oddometer:
    Boy - you guys have a bunch of water, for sure.

Nice and dry all day today up here. Sunny, and in the upper 50's!

Tomorrow will be even nicer. Finally.

Dave
  2. intothenew

intothenew Briar Patch Navigator

Oddometer:
    From Sandlick, a really small town close to the southern West Virginia border. I have been riding in these hills since my early teens, just spread my wings out of here in the last couple of years. You can see pics from the link in my signature. I look forward to meeting you all in the bush.
  3. WFOhillbilly

WFOhillbilly Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nice Pics Looks like ya'll had a good time.
  4. intothenew

Oddometer:
    It was a great time, and a HUGE learning experience. As I said, hadn't been out of this patch much. Where you from?
  5. intothenew

Oddometer:

H&M is a really nice get-up. I have been taking the wife and a few friends to Logan to stay for the last five years, 4-5 days. Motorcycles, ATVs, we all get along. Two of the parks are close enough to home that the wife can ride the ATV from here. Let me know when you want to go, I will do my best to help you on accommodations and such. O, and we musn't forget about the outlaw trails. :evil
  6. onaXR

onaXR Druid

Oddometer:
    Checkin in.
    Back in the house now Mike, it isnt done but near enough.:D
  7. WFOhillbilly

Oddometer:
    Iam from Belmont WV. It's about 15 miles North of Parkersburg.
  8. WFOhillbilly

Oddometer:
    Damn you got it made. First you get out of Kitchen duty, then head to the mountains. Have fun and be careful. Nice day for the trip. You should take a rod and reel. They stocked the crap out of that place last week.:evil
  9. WFOhillbilly

Oddometer:
    Don't forget to take some pics!:lurk
  10. onaXR

onaXR Druid

Oddometer:
    Just took some, excuse the mess, the garage was my wood cutting, drywall snapping, paint mixing area while we redid the house:deal
    Its all stock for now mods to come after I settle back in. I think I have it under control now as far as help goes (unless you have 600 board ft of rough cut 3X1 for my trim you want to deliver:lol3 )
    On the other subject,, I do live close to the H&M system but have never rode any of it. HMMMMM thats odd you say? Well there are so many other great trails around my area I just haven't went and bought a pass to ride that area, but I will someday. Ride down anytime call me I know of a place that has this pie you speak of, bout 25 miles north of me.

The lighting sucks in these pics and its dirty Ill get better ones soon.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  11. onaXR

onaXR Druid

Oddometer:
    Its even cleaner in person, those pics suck. Yeah cases, ram mount, and nice fastway pegs. No I dont think it was ridden much at all 4k a year is what it averages out to. Thats gonna change I have had it 3 weeks and put 1k on it just around town and home from Louisville. I need to spend about 2 grand making it the way I want it but its a great bike now. It is what I was hunting for a year and a half. I got lucky and found it at a dealer near Dads house as a just traded in unit, so Dad went and looked it over and made a deposit.
    See ya soon.
  12. Tetched

Tetched Left over from the 70's Supporter

Oddometer:
    OK fess up.Who's the owner of this puppy

[​IMG]

Saw it at Seneca Rocks.A little over 30,000 on her
    owner was no where to be found
  13. wvrocks

wvrocks Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I saw someone on a new Tiger at Seneca yesterday. At least I think thats what it was. Orange/Red color. The rider was wearing a high viz jacket. Anyone from around here?

Nice day for a ride. I went out Laneville road and up onto the Sods with intentions of heading North toward Scheer and swinging back home through Davis. Got up on the Sods and the FS gate was closed so I ran down to Jordan Run and around though Seneca instead.
  14. wvrocks

wvrocks Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    no problem, I took Monday off last minute and after doing some stuff around the house just couldn't resist going for a ride. I think it was about 2:30 when I started. I also met Bill (wvgreenhorn) over the weekend, he came up to Timberline on Sunday to pick up your doohickey tools. I agree that the roads are pretty bad. 72 between the Dryfork River Road intersections is really crappy. Luckily :rolleyes its an election year so a good bit of the paved stuff should be great by November.
  15. 9Dave

9Dave Bazinga!

Oddometer:
    Great pics, Mike. Glad someone could enjoy the nice weather.

Dave
  16. mackmack

mackmack resident Fatass

Oddometer:
    Hay were do you guys ride in WV?? i live in ashland , ky picking up my dr 650 thursay 4-10-08.. looking to get some riding in .. i need some tires thought damn 17 " rear wheel .. All i have are 18" tires:baldy
  17. mackmack

mackmack resident Fatass

Oddometer:
    been there many times already , thanks.. I thought there was somewhere else i was missing

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

FOrgot i sold those katooms this is my new Enduro /ds/trailride scooter

i'll be using the dr 650 for true 50/50 riding

[​IMG]
  18. WFOhillbilly

Oddometer:
    Mike are you up for some riding this weekend? I think Dad and I are going out for a little bit and then I will probally end up riding all day. Thought I would check on your schedule as well as Nightsters. Getting the new pipe and pegs put on today.:D Gotta try it out.
  19. WFOhillbilly

Oddometer:
    Big negative on the turn signals. Guy has never pm'd me or replied to the thread. Guess I will just order one from the dealer. You ever find a front headlight shroud? I have been keeping my eyes open looking for one but haven't seen any.
  20. 9Dave

9Dave Bazinga!

Oddometer:
    Wow:eek1 You guys sure work fast when you have 30+ people showing up in 3 weekends.:thumb

Dave