New Pelican-based Luggage System

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by CaribouCases, Oct 28, 2005.

1. CaribouCases

CaribouCases Boulder CO

Oddometer:
    Adventure Rider & Aftermarket Systems Manufacturer
    Introducing Caribou Adventure Motorcycle Luggage Systems. The world's toughest and most waterproof motorcycle luggage, and the Original Pelican-Based Motorcycle Luggage Company. The beginning of this thread is updated regularly, so please read this part first.

Current Product Line:
    -Side cases in 25 Liter, 35 Liter, and 40 Liter case sizes, both top loading and side loading available.
    -Rear top cases in 25 Liter, 34 Liter, 35 Liter, and 40 Liter sizes.
    -Side Case systems designed for Hepco Becker, SW Motech EVO and Givi side luggage racks in 5 different case sizes.
    -Rear cargo plates for most ADV style bikes.
    -Do It Yourself mounting kits for side luggage and top cases.
    -Accessories including our Custom Case Liners, Inner Bags, Tie-Down Brackets, ROK Straps, SOLAS Reflective Tape Kits, Lid Organizers, and more.
    -Glove Box Liners for Vespa Scooters

Our luggage fits most Adventure Touring and Dual Sport bikes including BMW GS bikes, Kawasaki KLR 650 and Versys, KTM, Suzuki V-Strom DL650/Adventure and DL1000, Triumph Tiger and Explorer, Honda Africa Twin CRF1000L NC700X and CB500X, Yamaha Tenere and many more. Our side luggage kits will fit just about any bike with Hepco Becker, SW Motech EVO and Givi Monokey side luggage racks. Or if you prefer, order just any parts that you need to create a luggage system that fits your budget and style.

Product Details:
    Nearly Indestructible - Caribou Luggage is based on Pelican an other military-style cases constructed of ultra high-strength polypropylene copolymer resin featuring heavy-duty watertight o-ring lid seal. They will not crack or shatter like OEM hard plastic, will not deform & leak like aluminum, will not rip and tear like soft bags, even in extreme temperatures.
    [​IMG]
    Security - We integrate waterproof lid locks with our own heavy duty catch hardware for security and pry resistance. Peace of mind when you are away from your bike...
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

User Friendly - Dual lid lanyards keep the lid from swinging all the way down when the case is opened. Elastic straps with a center clip to hold your gear into the main cavity of the case. All standard features of our complete systems, pre-installed
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Our Lid Lanyards have a snap button so you can disconnect them and open the lid completely for easy packing
    [​IMG]

Optional Caribou Case Liners give you the best of both worlds of top loading and side loading motorcycle luggage- when you open the case nothing falls out, you can see and access all of your gear easily, and you can leave long items strapped across the rear seat and still get the case open. These liners are made of a strong, weatherproof, mold/mildew and UV resistant material that resists creasing so it doesn't get caught in the lid seal when you close the case. Snap buttons on the liners and case lid allow you to lay the case flat with the lid fully open. They are pre-installed when ordered as an option/accessory with a new set of Caribou side case luggage, and they are retro-fittable to existing Caribou side cases.

<[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Optional Caribou Inner Bags make packing and carrying your gear a cinch. High quality ballistic nylon with 3/4 length zipper, one outer mesh pocket, one closed outer zip pocket, and handle
    [​IMG]
    Other accessories include Tie Down Brackets, ROK Straps, SOLAS reflective tape kits, Lid Organizers and more...
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The cases remain totally waterproof after all of our modifications, tested to the extreme submerged in an ice-cold mountain creek for 30 minutes and not a drop inside...
    [​IMG]
    All cases have heavy duty handles with rubber padding. Waterproof air valve automatically equalizes pressure as you change altitudes.

Designed for the Long Haul - The Caribou latch has a key lock for security that is matched to the lid lock key. A 180 degree turn of the wing knob creates a dual action that holds the case completely tight to the luggage rack. No movement or rattles of any kind, and unlike puck or spring-pin fastening devices, the Caribou latch is adjustable to account for normal wear and keep cases tight over many years and many thousands of miles. Turn the wing knob and lift the case off, it is that easy. All heavy gage steel, no flimsy plastic parts holding the case to the bike like OEM luggage.

Hepco Becker side rack and Caribou quick attach/release latch...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Understand that if you crash hard, these cases are not going to break, they are simply too tough. The force instead is transferred to the luggage rack and the bike's sub-frame. Therefore, we designed the latch to break-away upon high impact and be field replaceable. Better to break an easily replaceable $25 part than the expensive luggage rack or even more expensive sub-frame of the bike. No other luggage system offers this feature. This is critical when using super tough Pelican and SKB cases...
    [​IMG]

Flexibility - Our complete side case systems come with German-made Hepco Becker racks, they are the best designed and strongest racks you will find. Most of the HB racks are the "Lock-It" type that are easily removed in a few minutes leaving behind small, discreet attachment plates.
    [​IMG]

Comfort and Safety - Caribou luggage is designed to allow plenty of room for the passenger's foot and leg for comfortable 2-up riding. The cases are positioned for any type of riding and terrain, with large, smooth radius corners and no sharp edges. This means caribou cases are safer set of luggage in a crash than aluminum luggage with sharp edges and corners...
    [​IMG]

All Caribou side luggage systems are designed to hug the bike's frame for a narrow width, about 38" side-to-side across the cases (give or take an inch depending on bike).
    [​IMG]

Caribou 25L, 34L, 35L and 40L Top Case systems feature an external quick attach and release latch system. All systems include an integrated waterproof case lid lock, bike-specific mount hardware and a rigid aircraft grade aluminum cargo plate.

External latch system...
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Our 34L Rear Top Case holds a full size helmet with room to spare for a mesh jacket...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You have lots of options because we make side luggage panniers designed to fit Hepco Becker, SW Motech EVO, and Givi Monokey side luggage racks. All of our case and mounting systems have the same industry leading features: rugged design with steel parts, quick attach/release, lockable, field replaceable break-away latch. This offers a significant luggage upgrade that is very affordable, especially if you already have one of these racks. Our side luggage case mount system is also available separately as a DIY kit. See our how-to videos on YouTube and take the guesswork and stress out of building your own luggage system.

Caribou Quick Attach/Release mount kits for Pelican cases on Givi Monokey and SW Motech EVO Racks...
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Caribou 35L (Pelican 1550) side luggage on Givi racks and the Versys...
    [​IMG]

Caribou Side Case Pannier Mount Hardware for Hepco Becker Racks...
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Caribou Luggage is professionally engineered, tested and manufactured for reliability, quality and safety and is proudly made here in the USA...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Caribou luggage has been tested tough over hundreds of thousands of miles by riders all over the world including our own real-world product testing in Colorado, California, and the brutal back roads of Baja Mexico. When it comes to protecting your gear and your safety, stick with the Pelican Case luggage professionals Caribou Luggage Systems

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Please visit our web site at www.cariboucases.com for more information and to order. You may call us at 707-861-2760 from 8:00am-5:00pm Monday thru Saturday Mountain Time. Also check out our Videos and the Caribou Lugggae FAQ

Thank you!

Roger

davyjones and Hi-De-Ho like this.
  2. Ritten

Ritten Swamp thing

Oddometer:
    Beautiful system and it looks like they'll be durable as all hell too!!! Great job on the R&D.
  3. AFekete

AFekete Long timer

Oddometer:
    Good job Roger!

Nicely integrated and the locks look great!

Andrew
  4. SQD8R

SQD8R Eat squids and be merry

Oddometer:
    Excellent work. Love the mounting system.
  5. Steverino

Steverino Arrogant Horse's Ass #1

Oddometer:
    Need a product tester? I'll let you know how durable they are...:evil

Seriously...
  6. TomN

TomN Long timer

Oddometer:
    Looks great, looking foward to the KLR system
  7. Bigger Al

Bigger Al Still a stupid tire guy Supporter

Oddometer:
    Makes me wish I had a GS just to have that beautiful set up. Well done!!
  8. Ed@Ford

Ed@Ford Long timer

Oddometer:
    Please proceed with all haste for 2003 F650 Dakar hardware! A fine setup!
  9. bmwhd

bmwhd God Bless Texas

Oddometer:
    :thumb :clap :bow :bow :bow :thumb

Those are going to sell like hotcakes!

I've used Pelican stuff for a couple of years and swear by it now.
  10. MNRon

MNRon Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    How far out do you suppose you are for the 650 V-Strom? I'm not in a rush, but hope to have a system in place my late March. I'm looking at some Givi knock-offs that are "OK" (I have one for a tail trunk) but these look like they're a lot more durable.

Keep this list posted on the progress.. I am VERY interested. (Maybe for the KLR too...)
  11. MulletWhip

MulletWhip Bottom Feeder

Oddometer:
    Roger,

I'm impressed. Both with what you have come up with and with the Pelican company for being so responsive at a grassroots level. It looks like you have a good product at a good price and I am looking forward to seeing what you come up with for KLR's. I am currently running soft bags and ma pretty happy with my setup but I could be swayed. By the way, any idea what size bags for the KLR? As much as I like the capacity of the 1550's, I think that the 1520's are probably a better fit. Anyway, they look great.

Mike
  12. Boojum

Boojum I Miss the PartyBoss

Oddometer:
    That's a BIG ROGER! on the Above Comment! If Steve-O can't hurt them, Nobody can! .........Seriously! :evil

Boojum!
    :freaky
  13. azabeemerboy

azabeemerboy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Very, Very Nice. I really like the nice clean "beefy" racks :D
  14. norton73

norton73 drinkin' in the garage

Oddometer:
    Nice job :clap
  15. Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon Enjoying the ride

Oddometer:
    I've been waiting for years for something like this. BMW, TT, Jessie, and HB should be crying right about now! Excellent work. I'll be ordering mine come February. Thanks for giving us a better option than over priced Aluminum.

Patrick
  16. CyaC

CyaC Reality Unplugged

Oddometer:
    I really like this system! If you need someone to test a setup for the 1200GS let me know.
  17. sherpa

sherpa ...Robert

Oddometer:
    Man....nicely done. :thumb

When, if...I ever destroy my Happy Trails Bags, I'll be giving you a call.
  18. DLdeano

DLdeano Ridin' all I can

Oddometer:
    I can be your Wee-Strom Guinea Pig...looks really good. I really like the cases, and mounting looks solid as anything I've seen. Great work. I currently use GIVI, but can e-bay 'em for bigger stuff.
  19. GsVs

GsVs Goin' Somewhere

Oddometer:
    Great idea !

Neat Design !
  20. markjenn

markjenn Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nicely done. Another vote for DL650 racks, since I see one of these in my immediate future.

- Mark