Cat Herders: Shenandoah Valley Inmates

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by HBN, Nov 3, 2008.

1. HBN

HBN Long timer

Oddometer:
    fierstf likes this.
  2. Gimmeslack

Gimmeslack furthur

Oddometer:
    :lurk

subscribed
  3. Ge-Mini-gun

Ge-Mini-gun Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm in Winchester and as soon as I get the /5 finished I'll be up for whatever :evil . I can do a little wrenching and a lot of eating :dg and drinking if needed. :loaded:freaky :lol3
    Wudzrider likes this.
  4. Skippii

Skippii Did you eat my Zinger???

Oddometer:
  5. HBN

HBN Long timer

Oddometer:
  6. HooliKen

HooliKen Awesome is a flavor

Oddometer:
    I am all subscribed up. Actually might have some time to ride now. Gotta do an H2O pump rebuild and check the valves on the SE this week. If anyone wants to stop by and drink my beer and laugh at me cussing a bike.....lol!
  7. HBN

HBN Long timer

Oddometer:
    I may be down for Saturday. When you planning on wrenchin'? I can bring some meat/fish to grill.
  8. BUZZARD II

BUZZARD II Old Geezer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Whoa, mini-gun. I'm toward the south side of Winchester in Lake Frederick. There are no Beemers around that I can see. I'm on the red white and blue/blue Dakar. Also on a blue Wing and silver Vespa.
  9. Steverino

Steverino Arrogant Horse's Ass #1

Oddometer:
    You need to install your racks and bags too. Tired of them cluttering up my garage. :deal
  10. Ge-Mini-gun

Ge-Mini-gun Long timer

Oddometer:
    I know...there was a guy just outside of the park in Winc. that had a GS1200...had it for about a month...got rid of it and got that butt ugly crusier thing. He moved little over a year ago haven't seen a beemer since, unless they were passing through.
  11. Gimmeslack

Gimmeslack furthur

Oddometer:
    Short notice, but I "need" to test my new battery:
    Anyone for lunch somewhere around the Hburg-Staunton corridor?

:ear
  12. HBN

HBN Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'd be down for lunch. Lets see whats in between here and there...I can take lunch anytime today.
  13. Gimmeslack

Gimmeslack furthur

Oddometer:
    Duuude, you spend more time monitoring ADV than I do. Seek help :lol3

I'm about 30min from Hburg. Got enough time that I could do W/boro if you want to post to Cville side of mountain. Whatever works. lemme know in the next 30-45 min and I'll be on the road.
  14. HBN

HBN Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have this thread subscribed so it sends it to my email anytime there is a post. Got to keep the email folder clean.

I'm on the TW so I couldn't make it to Wbro - only have an hour for lunch. I could meet you somewhere halfway between Verona and Harrisonburg.

Subway in Bridgewater? or a BobAReas?
  15. Gimmeslack

Gimmeslack furthur

Oddometer:
    Well, I just went out, thinking it would be as simple as it was on my other airhead (30min swap). It looks like Ohlins has to come off (at least at upper mount) in order to pry the battery out. Seeing how it's 11, it's not looking to good. I can't believe it :becca

:baldy We'll see...
  16. HBN

HBN Long timer

Oddometer:
    Alright, I will wait till noon or 12:30 to see any updates. If not we can always meet for lunch tomorrow(fri).
  17. HBN

HBN Long timer

Oddometer:
    Going to Lunch. Gimmeslack any progress?

If you get it done by lunch tomorrow, message here and we can figure something out. Gasgas from C-Ville posted a lunch question on the C-ville riders thread. Maybe I can get a little extra time and head down to Wbro if need be.

Saw this the other day, gave me a chuckle
    <table style="width: auto;"><tbody><tr><td><table style="width: auto;"><tbody><tr><td>[​IMG]</td></tr><tr><td style="font-family: arial,sans-serif; font-size: 11px; text-align: right;">From VA Tag</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr><tr><td style="font-family: arial,sans-serif; font-size: 11px; text-align: right;">From VA Tag</td></tr></tbody></table>
    DragonJoe likes this.
  18. Gimmeslack

Gimmeslack furthur

Oddometer:
    Just now got it all buttoned up. Guess I won't make pit crew at the next Dakar :cry

Battery is slightly smaller so elastic hold-downs needed a little rethinking. Shock on-and-off easily enough, but it takes time... Terminals are also spaced differently, so I had to rethink bolts and routing a little. You'd think I was rebuilding a tranny or somthing... sheesh.

I might actually *be* in Cville Fri, but I'm guessing that would be a stretch for you. If it doesn't work out, mebbe next week. I occasionally need to run into town and often combine it with lunch out - cabin fever gets bad when you work at home :deal.

Sorry for the tease. Would have liked to see the new toy...

19. HBN

HBN Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sure sometime next week. I have Tuesday off for Veterans Day. May rain though. So what!
  20. jr11

jr11 Escape Artist

Oddometer:
    :wave

Subscribed and monitoring