I'm in the Charlotte, NC area. Looking for local riders

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by guiri, Jan 10, 2013.

1. guiri

guiri Guest

for shorter (day) trips.

Got 4 dogs and live by myself so I can only be out on day trips.

Just bought a V Strom so if anyone wants to ride, hit me up.
    I work out of my house so I can pretty much go anytime.

George
  2. hscrugby

hscrugby "That guy"

Oddometer:
    You should meet up with them for a dinner first:
    http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=522269&page=44

(Since the thread is still active, I'm assuming they still meet)

Or for a good excuse for day rides, check out the NC tag, NCNC tag, or any of the regional wildcard tags etc. :)

Good luck.
  3. augiedog

augiedog augie dog

Oddometer:
    we have a good group of riders that meet every 3rd thursday in charlotte at hawthorne pizza on hawthorne rd. at around 630 or so . we talk bikes and usually plan a local meet and ride or 2. we have a good many dirt and street touring riders, most with several bikes that like to do both. I'm probaly the oldest at 64 and we have several still in school. we invite anyone intrested to come and join in. Joey-Bones is the man that looks after the group and, the web page, keeping us in line , and we do thank him for it.hope you can make it this coming tuursday.
  4. guiri

guiri Guest

Thanks DAWG! :D

Ok, so what's this thing with the NC NC tag? I'm lost there...

(nevermind, someone told me what it was :)

Thanks

George
  5. AppFan

AppFan Long timer

Oddometer:
    Are you in the shitholes to the east or west of Charlotte?
  6. Purdy

Purdy n00b

Oddometer:
    If your interested...I'm in a club (the Knobbies) that meets and rides on Sundays from Morganton. We mainly do touring-styled riding, but we have a dually side to. We have some guys come from Charlotte, one from York, to Statesville, Asheville, Winston, etc. Some come every week. To a lunch stop and back, we'll cover 200-300 miles of twisties. Older group...50s-60s, I'm the youngest active at 37. Good pace riding as a whole, however, if there is a good number for two groups, we'll split up and the faster group will go a little harder. All-year riding too. We got us one of those there fandangled websites too...www.Knobbies.org with all the info. Come on up if you get the chance.

Sent from a TBolt using Tapatalk 2
  7. guiri

guiri Guest

East shithole, Marshville :)

Watch someone from Marshville get their panties in a bunch :D
  8. guiri

guiri Guest

200-300 mile rides sound just fine. I'll be in touch, thanks :)
  9. Purdy

Purdy n00b

Oddometer:
    That's cool. My email is on the site. Contact me through that if you want some more info. We'll be meeting/eating around 8 and leaving out around 9-9:30...cannot be passing up this shot of good weather. :clap
    Seth
  10. guiri

guiri Guest

No kidding. I almost got sweaty leaving the house today and I found a skeeter in my bathroom yesterday.

Skeeters love me and I hate them. I guess it's what they call a love/hate relationship and I am NOT looking
    forward to the summer :(

Cool part is that I don't have any motorcycle gear/clothes yet but with this weather, I'll be ok riding my bike
    with some regular clothes :D