TT350 Not XT350

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by zerohype, Feb 2, 2008.

1. NordieBoy

NordieBoy Armature speller

Oddometer:
    Sitting them on there and making "vroom, vroom" noises is the closest I've got to getting them working.
  2. Calkins

Calkins On Any Sunday... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Anyone have a TT350 to sell? If the price is right, I'm not affaid to have it shipped. I would perfer a titled complete bike, because a non-titled one does me no good. Parts bike may be welcome too. PM me what ya got...

Attached Files:

3. Anklyne

Anklyne Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've got a 250 model, does that count?
    [​IMG]
    (Pic is from my first long trip and the luggage system was rather quickly improvised)
    Street legal from the factory here, but off the road for now as she needs a new base gasket, some carby work and some improved lighting.

She's my first bike and I really want to get her back on the road so I can take her off-road :lol3
    My second bike (GSX250F) won't do the sort of camping trips I'm interested in :cry
  4. NordieBoy

Oddometer:
    Let's get coffee'd up and goooo!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Poor little bugger...
    [​IMG]
  5. NordieBoy

Oddometer:
    Found out from Ricor that the Intiminators for a Triumph Scrambler should work with some re-valving.

Should make the front end work well and still look completely stock for classic mx'ing :clap
  6. Anklyne

Anklyne Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My little 250 will finally get back on the road tomorrow, thanks to a fair bit of work I've done recently.

12v stator/lights/battery, DC headlight/taillight, full-wave rectified DC, new left-hand control cluster with push-to-cancel indicators, all wiring re-done and simplified (on the lighting side of things, left the ignition alone).
    I've also got a RAM Aquabox (mounted rally-style :wink:) for my GPS, DIY case saver, rear indicators relocated further back and a larger, waterproof box to replace the stock toolbox.

Some pictures:

12v stator and control cluster
    [​IMG]

No more 6v 2A/h battery, now it's 12v 7.2A/h :D
    [​IMG]

GPS mount, plus switches and stuff
    [​IMG][​IMG]

The mess behind and the DIY speedo/ignition mount (which I'll be redoing when I get myself a digital speedo)
    [​IMG]

And the case-saver, which still needs a sprocket cover made (don't worry, there's more clearance between the sprocket then it looks)
    [​IMG]

I hope nothing falls off when I take her for a spin tomorrow :huh
    Noely likes this.
  7. NordieBoy

Oddometer:
    Get yourself some $18 ebay DR650 footpegs. They bolt straight up.
    uploadfromtaptalk1317840228124.jpg
    Noely likes this.
  8. Anklyne

Anklyne Adventurer

Oddometer:
    They look cast. Reckon they'll stand up to some rough riding?

I did a 50km cruise 'round town and nothing stopped working or fell off. I've got a 15 tooth front sprocket on (was stock 14/50) and it's nicer on the street, I think (it's been so long :eek1). Wish she was a 350, though :cry

Edit:

Oh, the GPS is nigh-on impossible to read in the sun. I thought I'd probably need to make a sun shade for it.
  9. NordieBoy

Oddometer:
    They've only been fallen off on once.

They've done a couple of 3-hr cross country races and in 3 days will be doing a 6-hr.

I like them and will be getting more.
    I want a pair for my DR650, NordieBro wants a pair for his race TT350 and I want a spare pair.

All for less than half the price of a pair of pivotpegs.
  10. Anklyne

Anklyne Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Awesome.
    I'm happy with the stockers at the moment, but I'll keep it in mind.

Have you had a go at making a neutral light for the TT? I haven't gotten around to it yet, but I'll be mounting 3 LEDs for left/right indicators and neutral.

Also my headlight is bollocks. Stock globe was 6v 35/35W, now I've got 12v 35/35W. I'm going to see if there's a generic H4 headlight I can mount up instead, along with some high wattage LED spot lights I've got in the making. Otherwise I'll just see what globes the bike shop has :lol3.
  11. NordieBoy

Oddometer:
    I've got indicator led's for my blinkers working.
    Also replaced the 6v 2A battery with a 7.2v 2A NiCd. Smaller, lighter and the horn does good things with the extra voltage :evil

LED's ballasted for 12v
    [​IMG]

Work fine on 6v - A bit too bright on 12v
    [​IMG]

Battery time...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Intiminators...
    [​IMG]

Showing the valve holes for chassis/wheel movement damping seperation.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

All buttoned up.
    Much nicer to install than on the DR650.
    The fork oil drain holes are great :deal
    [​IMG]

Now to play with shims. The damping as shipped was far too stiff. 1 0.012" shim less and it's a little too soft but better than stock.

I love this shit :1drink
  12. Anklyne

Anklyne Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It sounds terrible with 12v going through it :lol3

Had some good fun the (long) weekend just gone
    [​IMG]

Spent a good hour or two cleaning her today so I can take care of an electrical gremlin (battery no chargy :cry).
    I'm glad I got a 15t sprocket for road riding; after doing 500km on black top then changing over to the 14t for the dirt, I was doing 70kph at about the same RPM I was doing 100kph one the road :eek1

I hope the LED brake/tail light I ordered a couple weeks ago shows up soon, I killed the plastic/rubber mount for the stock one over the weekend :/
    [​IMG]
  13. NordieBoy

Oddometer:
    I run 14/50 for racing/gnarly, 15/50 for general adventuring and 16/50 for roady use.

Mine is starting to disintegrate too.
  14. Anklyne

Anklyne Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'll need to modify my casesaver if I want to put a 16t up front. Not enough room.

Have you taken note of the changes in RPM:speed with the different sprockets?
  15. NordieBoy

Oddometer:
    Nope, but it'll pull 130kph+ in top with 15/50.
  16. Anklyne

Anklyne Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I got my poor thing to 120kph once with 14:50 gearing and 20-30kg of camping gear on the back.
    It took a while to get there on a long flat road and I had to stay ducked down :lol3
  17. NordieBoy

Oddometer:
    Intiminators for a Triumph Twin fit and with 1x0.015", 1x0.012" and 1x0.010" shims (comes with 1x0.015" and 2x0.012") works quite nicely.
    Vastly reduced brake dive.

The 7.2v nicad battery also has enough voltage to power a 12v-5v usb GPS power adapter :clap
  18. NordieBoy

Oddometer:
    Tried an MT43 rear today.

With 14/50 sprockets, it's got about 3mm or clearance to the shock guard and swingarm...

Not to mention an insane amount of traction.
    Not as low geared as I'd like but not an issue.

I'd tried a worn Dunlop 801 trials tyre before and was amazed by the traction but a new trials tyre is on another level.

But it's cheating. There's no effort or skill involved. Just point and shoot.

Aim it at something gnarly and it just says "Yeah, I can do that" and yawns when you get to the top. The Shinko 705's however say "Oh shit!, Not again!" and "Well fcuk me!" when you get to the top.

I prefer the 705's...
  19. Anklyne

Anklyne Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Finally got my new LED tail light and finished making a bracket for it today. It's from LED Auto Lamps, fully sealed electronics, ADR approved and cost me AU$30.

Initial tests seem to show that it should do the job nicely :lol3
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

When testing, I found it was flickering a lot when using the front brake, so I pulled out the front switch, gave it a good cleaning and it's working beautifully.
    Now I just need to get some more bolts, washers and nylocs, and wire it up properly.
  20. NordieBoy

Oddometer:
    How do you pull out the front brake switch?