shipper for bike from west to east

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by johnyrrr, Mar 4, 2012.

1. BeamingBeagle

BeamingBeagle n00btube

Oddometer:
    I just checked and they ship from any where. You're all good. They're a little more expensive but totally worth it.
  2. johnjen

johnjen Now, even more NOW!…

Oddometer:
    I moved this thread in the hopes that a vendor would see this request.

If this forum doesn't work out we can move it to another forum to try for better results.

JJ
  3. traveltoad

traveltoad Aaron S

Oddometer:
    Are you trying to move the bike without crating it?
  4. dede

dede Lefty

Oddometer:
    I gave you the wrong name, its Federal, http://www.funtransport.com/
  5. PineyMountainRacing

PineyMountainRacing Oops....

Oddometer:
    looking for someone to transport a bike from CO to FL, Keyboard was one of the ones I called:

Thank you for considering Keyboard Motorcycle Shipping for your motorcycle transport needs.

We are currently making some changes to our company and coverage areas. It saddens us to say that at this time we are no longer shipping to or from any of the Mountain or Pacific Time zones. However, if you have any future orders for the Eastern or Central time zones we hope you consider using our company.

We apologize that our website has not been updated with this new information as we are currently in the process of updating these changes. If you have any questions or concerns, still feel free to give us a call. We look forward to your business.

Thanks you for your understanding and patience in this matter,

If you have any questions...please call or e-mail.

Thank You,

Kelly Cecil
    Keyboard Carriage
    809 South Park Road
    Elizabethtown, KY 42701
    www.keyboardmotorcycleshipping.com
    Office-270-737-5797
    Fax-270-737-6640
    E-mail - kcecil@keyboardtech.com
  6. johnyrrr

johnyrrr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I went with Wolverine I am still currently waiting to get my bike delivered:cry, hopefully in about an hour actually, I will update when bike is in my garage:1drink They have changed my delivery date and time a bit, maybe they will give me a discounted price for the inconvenience?
  7. barnyard

barnyard Verbal tactician Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Truckers are not employees of Uship. Uship is basically a load board for consumers. The key to using Uship effectively is to research the bidders. The lowest bid is not always the correct choice. It is up to the buyer to make sure that the driver has cargo insurance and the equipment to get the job done.

That all said, Shipping Wars did Uship and trucking a disservice.
  8. KTMforget

KTMforget Long timer

Oddometer:
    Forget "Haul Bikes". Awful service, lots of bike damage, 6 weeks to get the bike and after paying extra for a "zero deductable", they would only pay for half the damage after weeks of negotiation. Never again!
  9. johnyrrr

Oddometer:
    I finally got my bike delivered from Wolverine, FINALLY. I was supposed to get it the 16-19 I was told but it ended up coming yesterday. The excuse I got from the office lady was they got help up in Chicago for St Patricks Day(good one!) then they were supposed to deliver it on the 20th from 6-8 pm. No go again and I was called this time at 830 pm that they were still in Ohio. I was told I would have bike at 8ma the 21st then. I got an email this time that they were still in Ohio and bike couldnt be delivered at 8am on the 21st but 12-100pm instead. I got a call at 1130am they were infront of my house. I can only be grateful my job is close and very flexible due to all the delays and schedule changes:cry BUT bike was finally delivered in the shape i purchased it in and for a reasonable price. I even got a followup call from the owner to explain that they specified tentive dates and times and that this happens, blah blah blah. I just erased message after hearing the excuses. Long as your flexable and patient Wolverine eventually got it done.
  10. bbqBiker

bbqBiker I like bikes.

Oddometer:
    Hm. Wolverine is dropping off in Michigan today, huh? Good for you johnyrrr, sucks for me. I too was given a similar delivery schedule from Wolverine...as of tomorrow, they will have missed both "estimated ranges" for delivery. I live in Tennessee...not really close to Michigan.

They picked my R1150GS up (from Northernstar in Seattle-area) on the 10th. It's the 22nd, and I still haven't even received the 24-hr-away-from-delivery call. Sounds like I may be waiting awhile. I know that I didn't sign-up for a FedEx or UPS but two weeks to get here seems excessive.

I opted to use these guys after receiving two uShip bids for $50-less that had delivery schedules that were sooner. I chose Wolverine because of some good feedback on ADV and because they were a moto-specific carrier. I will post my final opinion of Wolverine when they finally deliver mine so that anyone else relying on reviews can make up their own mind.

All for now.

11. johnyrrr

Oddometer:
    Just got to be patient is all, there on thier own schedule it seams and its not the one they tell you about:huh I have been riding my new 04 1150gsa and loving it. Goodluck

12. groop

groop So much to ponder

Oddometer:
    I need a bike brought to CA. Just confirmed with Kelly that they are still not servicing the west coast, and when I told her that her website was incorrect, she told me that they are working on it, as well as a rate increase.
  13. Jick Magger

Jick Magger Exile on Main Street

Oddometer:
    Okanagan Valley BC, Canada/Scottsdale, Arizona
    I posted this fact a while back. Try Federal Motorcycle Shipping. Did a good job.
  14. rboett

rboett posser noob 205 Supporter

Oddometer:
    I just had my 08 R1200 GS adv transported from Wisconsin to Arkansas. Wolverine Transport was recommended to me by an inmate here. (yeah yeah, Work schedule prevented me from riding it down)

http://www.wolverinetransport.com/introtest.html

They picked up and dropped off with no problem at all. :clap Transit time to Arkansas was 2 1/2 days.

All they do is motorcycles. Period.

They have two big cargo trailers circling the contry. They have a custom strapping / ratcheting system on the floor that is completely adjustable inside so they can carry about 10 or twelve bikes at a time. The ramp on the back is the width of the trailer and is comparably low to the ground.

I was flexible in by timing. They initially provided a week window, then two days before gave me a heads up. That approach worked fine for me. The price was very good too. :wink:

Honorable mention for Bob at Bentonville BMW, they acted as my receive point and will watch after it until I get down there later.

I am not affiliated with Wolverine transport, just a satisfied customer:clap

Just wanted to get the word out.
  15. rboett

Oddometer:
  16. It'sNotTheBike

It'sNotTheBike Banned

Oddometer:
    If you're in a hurry, Forward Air can get the bike delivered quickly and on time. But
    the fuel MUST be 100% drained from the tanks because the bike is transported by
    an aircraft. Forward Air also specifies that fumes must be absent. So delivering the
    bike to the Forward Air depot is a bit more complex as a result because you cannot
    simply ride it to the depot and drop it off. Having said that, Forward Air is a first class
    operation.

===========================

Uship ? NO WAY, EVER, PERIOD.

I've personally been burned by Uship. I am aware that it is possible to have a good experience
    with a shipper you locate via Uship, but because of the utter lack of accountability
    in the Uship world, I will NEVER EVER use Uship again. I didn't get my opinion
    from some silly TV show, I got my opinion because the Uship shipper promised to pick
    up the bike on three different dates and never showed up on any of those dates.
    The idiot from Uship cost me THREE WEEKS without my bike. That is not what I
    had in mind when I hired a shipper.

Uship creates an opportunity to deal with some lowlife bozos, and if you think you
    will somehow avoid problems dealing with Uship, I submit that you are taking a
    risk you are not truly able to evaluate before the fact. You have no way of knowing
    what the actual experience with a Uship shipper will be like until it is too late and you
    have been inconvenienced, misled, lied to, ripped off, etc.

If you believe the reviews of the shippers on Uship you are a naive fool : it is
    absurdly easy to create phony reviews. Don't say I didn't warn you. To those
    who have endorsed Uship, above, I say that you are doing the ADVrider
    community a disservice by recommending Uship. All that stuff about checking
    the reviews is bullshit. The reviews are NOT a guarantee of a positive experience.
    Rather than trust some guy you don't know who posts on ADVrider, whether it is
    me or the guys above who claim Uship is ok, take a look at the AMA website and
    see which shippers the AMA endorses. You will not see Uship on the list, and there
    are good reasons for that.

========================

Federal Motorcycle Transport are real pros who do it right. I've used them several
    times, and unless I need to use air freight they will always be my first choice.
    I care about my bikes and I like to do things as well as possible and avoid hassles.
    And that is why I will continue to use Federal.

Their website is :

www.funtransport.com

Their phone numbers are :

Their business hours are :

Central time -- 7:00am to 6:00pm - Monday through Friday.

Saturday hours are 10:00am to 2:00pm

==================================================

I have no affiliation with Federal Motorcycle Transport; I have been their
    customer several times and I have been extremely happy with their
    service. I know several motorcycle dealers who use Federal and their
    experiences have been uniformly positive.

By the way, Federal doesn't cost much more. I have found the difference
    between Federal and Uship or other low-end shippers to be
    consistently less than 10%. The small saving compared to the added risk
    is a bargain only a fool would find attractive.

17. rboett

Oddometer:
    I checked out uship. They appear to be just a clearing house for independents. They do not do any quality check on the folks on the list. So , the risk is not getting a quality independent on uship, its the quality of the shippers that sign up,, its not uniform, you definitely need to do you due diligence if you use them..

I originally posted out to uship ,, I did get a response / quote back , almost pulled the trigger on it but decided to do some due diligence. From limited information I was able to determine the guy's company name, his name and did a web search. He popped up on facebook,, lots of reference to drinking, partying and carrying on. Also looked him up on the Wisconsin crime database, he had at least one DUI, several speeding tickets and an operating under suspension. Need less to say I didn';t use him.

All ratings on uship real? no. I see the same thing on travel sites and ratings on hotels and restaturants , I'm sure If I looked hard enough I could find a company that would 'improve' my ratings for me on the web.:eek1
  18. WitchCityBallabio

WitchCityBallabio Guzzi weirdo

Oddometer:

I have had the exact opposite experience with this scumbag.

Booked a transport for my bike. Had to cancel the trip due to unexpected work obligations. Emailed him that I had to cancel. No acknowledgement. Emailed again to make sure he received. No acknowledgement. Emailed again this time explaining that I would seek other alternatives. Finally got an email back saying his "office people" would take care of the refund. That was coming up on a week ago and still nothing. Emailed again. No response. He has 822 dollars of mine and doesn't seem to be in any hurry to give it back. I've used Haul Bikes in the past, but thought I'd give this guy a try. Big mistake. Avoid this guy like the plague.
  19. rboett

Oddometer:
    hmmm, that's not good.
    try calling them maybe. I do know they are a small operation, him and one other guy and trailer, so he is on the road 24/7. NOt sticking up for the lack of response. just surprised.
  20. ozmoses

ozmoses persona non grata

Oddometer:
    Since this thread is updating,I wanna throw this Co out there as an option-

http://www.eagleoneexpress.com/index.html

No affiliation other than as a customer; 18 wheeler dedicated M/C hauling, door to door residential, fair prices and good communication.

Call the number and you are talking to the driver. Simple.