Race to dakar on ONE HD

Discussion in 'Australia' started by bend27, Oct 21, 2011.

1. bend27

bend27 by hook or by crook

Oddometer:
  2. jollyrodger2005

jollyrodger2005 DIRTY OLD MAN

Oddometer:
    I bet they put a lot ''beep'' in it from Charlies mouth :lol3
  3. neilaction

neilaction Slightly Less Adventurous

Oddometer:
  4. build

build Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  5. Waitesy

Waitesy MEH!

Oddometer:
  6. xy500

xy500 Loser

Oddometer:
    i'll let you in on a secret, charlie doesn't make it, neither does his whining mate, the other bloke gets there though.
    Btw this is pretty lame, it was on sbs years ago.
  7. tHEtREV

tHEtREV Encouragement award recipient. tEAM iDIOT.

Oddometer:
    I didn't watch it when it was on SBS because I thought it would be more long way round crap.

I caught the last episode by accident and then had to buy the DVD to watch the rest.

I find the Long way down/round to be to boring to bother watching, but seeing the bike and rider prep is interesting, and seeing what happens at the back of the pack was something I'm glad I watched.

I recommend watching it.

And just in case someone hasn't watched it, the year they filmed it was the year Andy Caldecott died in Dakar.
  8. Sean-0

Sean-0 straya carnt

Oddometer:
    And could you enlighten us on your accomplishments during your most exciting life

or would it just be a boring 10 infomercial on how many beers you drank whilst sitting in your armchair bagging people who live there life to there fullest ?
  9. fuggy

fuggy Canyon Explorer

Oddometer:
    I just watched the first episode on YouTube. 4 outa 5 stars. Needs more foul language from Charlie to be perfect. :rofl
  10. Happy Snapper

Happy Snapper GOMOB.

Oddometer:
    Excellent point!

Getting out there and having a go is what life is all about!
  11. neilaction

Oddometer:

:war Flamed after 2 posts. :lol3 Whats the record? :lol3
  12. ADV-Wes

ADV-Wes I'm not lost....yet.

Oddometer:

" It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better.
    The credit belongs to the man who is actually IN the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes short again and again.....because there is no effort without error or shortcoming But who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause, who, at best knows, in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he does fail, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat!"

Teddy Roosevelt spoke these words, I pretty much memorsize them for such occassions and aften resight them to myself if I think I come up short (not too often, so it's hard to remember all this garbage :lol3!!)

Personally I thought Chuck did pretty damn well riding all that way with a couple of broken hands!! (Couldn't see his mate Ewan doing that).
    Well worth a look to get another perspective of the great race.
    The Aussie guy Simon that coaches him through it puts in a good showing and finishes..................I can't see that that's worth sniffing at!!!

13. ThomasOz

ThomasOz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I enjoyed it. It shows a side of the race I didn't know, so not a waste of my time.
  14. xy500

xy500 Loser

Oddometer:
    It wasnt exactly surprising the two of them don't make it. How much time had they ever spent riding in sand before the rally?
    Obviously not enough.
    If you want to have a chance of completing one of the worlds toughest rallies, you need to be in top shape and at the top of your game, not an overweight old bloke with high hopes and no motivation.
    But hey if your into having half assed attempts at things and patting yourself on the back afterwards than good on ya :lol3
    The stupidest part at all is that this filmed years ago series being shown on tv is somehow news.
    Should i alert you guys when they are going to be screening mash?
  15. Sean-0

Sean-0 straya carnt

Oddometer:
    So you think of all the starters in the Dakar , they would be super fit and at the top of there game ??

This so called overweight Old bloke has done more in his life so far than most of us can only dream of in a life time

.....It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think your an idiot , than to open it and prove the fact..........
  16. neilaction

Oddometer:
    Shit yeh, good show. :deal I'd watch it again. :lol3
    Even better, make it the only thing you post. :csm

Either that or :stfu
  17. NoHillsNoTrees

NoHillsNoTrees mostly upright

Oddometer:
    xy500, I don't know who you think you are, but i won't be told what I should and shouldn't watch and who I should or shouldn't admire.:fyyff He got in and had a go STFU!
  18. podge NT

podge NT Podge NT

Oddometer:

A big 10 4 on that good buddy:freaky
  19. xy500

xy500 Loser

Oddometer:
    Yeah he has done so much, i mean life is so difficult with sponsors, free bikes and a team organising everything for you. What odds he has overcome, glad his manager, producer, staff doctor and bmw factory training was there to help him climb mount doom.
    :rofl
    You guys need to set your sights higher.
  20. Happy Snapper

Happy Snapper GOMOB.

Oddometer:
    When one makes comments such as you have.. you're not really telling us about Boorman.. but rather making a statement about you own personality. And it says that you don't like tall poppies, are envious of others who do well and perhaps suffer from lows self esteem.

Live and let live my friend.