Sydney to London on a105cc Honda callled Dot

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by nathanthepostman, May 4, 2009.

1. nathanthepostman

nathanthepostman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    After signing off the other day I said to myself I wouldn't post again. Get my head down instead. But I've just checked the forum and my personal account and feel I need to, because I'm a little fucked off.

People somehow feel I need to justify my actions, some feel I've done a runner with peoples cash and with a book deal in the bag I don't need you guys any more.

First things first, I don't have a book deal. There was only talk of one with a publisher and nothing has come of it. So you can forget that speculation.

Secondly, the money that's been donated is in the process of being handed back. And as you lose something in the transaction with paypal that's actually costing me money. But I didn't feel it right to take peoples money in the first place and this was a great opportunity to reclaim some ground. So to those comparing me to this fella above I hope your canoe sinks.

Thirdly, I don't need to sort my head out. My head is fine. I've just hit a point where the consequences of me telling my story online was really going beyond the point of what I was comfortable with. Not just the occassional dig but other things, things I won't divulge.

I've even suspended my Facebook account and won't be adding to the website for a while. So don't think it's just you guys. In front of my lies Pakistan and a whole bunch of places I know fuck all about. To be fighitng online battles with peope is not what I want or need. Nor am I glad I'm having to be writing this now, not when there's a million and one other things that still need to be done to make China happen.

Since my sign off post I've had some awesome comments withing me well and looking forward to my return and I'm completely and utterly grateful to those with that understanding. But to those subsequently judging my actions and speculating the worse - and perhaps now calling me ungrateful -then you're the main reason I'm signing off in the bloody first place.

Some people think that because they've invested so much time into reading this thread that they own part of me, own part of the trip - it's why I was never comfortably accepting donations as I saw them as shares - and they don't. This is my ADVRider thread that until now I'd like to think we've both been getting something out of - you got to read about my trip, I got a wealth support and best wishes from new friends - But when I started getting the hassle and aggro and distraction from a trip that finally does need some planning, being active on here was no longer in our best interests. So I pulled the plug.

Some people have respected that and wished me well, others not so much.

So let the arseholes fire away with any further speculation, coomparissons or venom because i won't be logging on or checking the forum until Turkey. From there I'll post with the hope that those I consider friends will still want to read. Sadly after this rant you probably won't...

Safe riding to all.

Nate and Dotorthy
  2. Deuce

Deuce Crazy Canuck

Oddometer:
    Vancouver Island, Bitchin' Columbia, Canada
    Good on ya Nate. Fuck 'em all I say. I will be watching for your post from Turkey, a country you will love I am sure.

All the Best
    :freaky
  3. Klay

Klay dreaming adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'll be looking forward to hearing about your trip when you get to Turkey. :thumb
  4. Chanderjeet

Chanderjeet "IndiYeah & SveriYeah!!"

Oddometer:
    Don't think too much. Nobody has nothing on you.
    Just Enjoy the situations, good or bad, tiring or rejuvenating.
    There's nothing in this world worth ruining your once in a lifetime experience.

That being said, show us some more pics man :lurk
  5. OldOzy

OldOzy Banned

Oddometer:
    So will I, at your own time and pace .
    its your ride report. its one of the best i followed from the start.
    And im happy to wait for the rest.
    Let the wheel turn.
  6. pirate63

pirate63 SUPA 10 PILOT

Oddometer:
    nate,thanks for taking us along this far,ride safe.
  7. Evel Otto

Evel Otto Formerly Hinz

Oddometer:
    Now, this is why i think the RR section should be locked to only the author of the report. The comments of the readers (positive or negative) just flood the thread and make it twice as long to read....and NOW look at what's happened! Whether we caused it or not, the comments of some people here didn't make it any easier for our friend, thepostman to detail his trip. If anything, my personal opinion is that any comments to one's RR should be done thru PM and not publicly viewed. That way the author can choose to respond or ignor as per his/her discretion. This is THEIR time in the limelight and we have no right to stand in the way of their adventure.

:::rant over:::
  8. wasions

wasions Hang 10

Oddometer:
    With ya, Nate. All the way.
    Like it or not, I'm riding alongside, praying for you - both of us - all of us. You're a very bright lad. You know what is best. You're doing what is best.
    With ya, Nate. All the way.
  9. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Shortclone: this is your last warning. Inmates are not interested in your stories.. if you have free advice for Nate, send it via PM. Your inappropriate posts have been punted.

This is Nathan's thread.. once you donate money to him, it's his.. he can burn it if he wants.. he owes you nothing. This sort of asshattery always happens when inmates accept donations. If you give money, you give it with no strings attached.

Please use the Blame Maddbrit link to report inappropriate posts to mods and we will deal with it.
  10. thor.i.am

thor.i.am ridin' a KLR

Oddometer:
    Good luck Nate and Dot.

Ride safe!:ricky
  11. Moto One

Moto One Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nate

Thanks to taking us along. Just let us know you made it home.

Safe Travels Friend.

Mark.
  12. Coots

Coots That's what she said

Oddometer:
    Damn it for having a 3 day holiday, now I might be to late.

Nate- for one I gave my donation to Dot and she has PM'd me a thanks and that is all I need. So you can't give it back. As for all the asshats out there "STFU" if you don't like it, take everything you have, sell it, buy a moped, and do your own RR. This is totally NATE's adventure. I have been happy to be able to travel along with you whatever you write, shoot and post, I have always taken it as that, the world, the way Nathan is seeing it. Cuz that is what it is, it is not how I see it, or anyone else. I hope that you continue to post to us as MOST of us follow in the spirit of ADVENTURE.

Thanks Nate.

Shane
  13. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Ok, enough bullshit..

I've punted some of the asshat comments and thecanoeguy is on a no expenses paid vacation from this site :ban

AGAIN: Let Nathan tell his story as HE sees it.. if you have any unsolicited advice send to him via PM.
  14. zataomm

zataomm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nathan -

Really enjoying the report, and the photos are some of the best travel documentary photos I've seen anywhere. Thanks for taking us along on the ride and happy trails to you.

Take care.
  15. LazyLion

LazyLion Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just let us know how it turns out in the end. Have a safe trip. Good luck and have fun.
  16. KTRSD

KTRSD keep the rubber side down

Oddometer:
    Hey Nathan,

Come back here anytime...we will be anxiously awaiting another update from Dot.

Thank you for taking us along so far, and really hope you will take us along for the remainder of the journey, whenever you decide to do so.

:clap:thumb
  17. RocketGirl

RocketGirl n00b

Oddometer:
    I started reading Thursday and just got caught up today. Hope Nate's coming back soon. :cry
  18. TO107

TO107 In need of more CC's

Oddometer:
    Near the Parkway, between the Snake and the Dragon
    It's all about the ride...good luck Nate and Dot :ricky
  19. Game over

Game over Haha

Oddometer:
    Nate it has been a pleasure from your first post to your latest. Perhaps this is why some writers post their ride report after the journey has been completed. it is disgusting to think that some readers would put their own needs above yours. Keep the wheels rolling, if you do post again, make it a post from London.

If you have the time and the will, I am looking forward to your wonderful pictures and commentary. Ride reports should not be an expectation, they are a gift from the writer. (I sound nothing like this in real life)

Sincerely,
    [​IMG]
    Game over

Just thought of this, he has shown so much of himself, why not show him a little of us.
    gregMo likes this.
  20. Motodisiac

Motodisiac Moto Terrorist

Oddometer:
    Nathan,

The purpose of your trip is to get from Sydney to London on a moped absorbing and understanding different cultures along the way. Your posts on ADV rider are just a little gift for all of us here. Enjoy YOUR trip and do whatever YOU want to do. Good luck on completing! If you ever write a book, I'll be first in line. Cheers.