Motorcycle Dry Bag - DrySpec ™ by TwistedThrottle

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by twistedthrottle, Dec 7, 2011.

1. twistedthrottle

twistedthrottle Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi all.

We just launched a new line called DrySpec™ with two innovative drybags designed for riding. Sold separately or as a pair (for a discount)

1. DrySpec™ D38 Rigid waterproof motorcycle dry bag - Holds it's shape full or empty.. easy to close and open, No special rack required to attach it to your bike. The DrySpec™ drybag has a Slip-Lock Strap mounting system that is super simple yet versatile (and included). Designed to attach alone or in conjunction with the D28 listed below as a system called the DrySpec™ D66 Waterproof Motorcycle Dry Bag Modular Packing System

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OHM4FHVcLKc&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OHM4FHVcLKc&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></embed></object>
    2. DrySpec&#8482; D28 Dual-End waterproof motorcycle dry bag - Keep this bag attached to the bike and access either end. No more pulling everything out of the bag to get one small item or overly complicated packing strategies... Grab and go.

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8fsmaQIyssw&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8fsmaQIyssw&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></embed></object>
    3. DrySpec&#8482; D66 Waterproof Motorcycle Dry Bag Modular Packing System - Both bags, one price and some savings for buying the pair. These two bags were designed to be attached together in a daisy chain format or independently.

Currently one of the editors of RoadRUNNER Motorcycle Touring & Travel Magazine is planning a trip in a few weeks to Brazil and is going to use these bags as his primary luggage. He told me that once he saw them it was the only choice for the trip.

Kev
  2. stark311

stark311 n00b

Oddometer:
    I was just looking at the d66. Doing any deals for inmates?
  3. twistedthrottle

Oddometer:
  4. VaderSS

VaderSS Canyon Carving Goldwing

Oddometer:
    Just ordered a set of these. Sure wish they came in yellow.
  5. VaderSS

Oddometer:
    The Dryspec D38 bag is almost tailored to the Kildala rack for a F650GS single. I dismantled 2 of the 4 included straps for their retainer buckles and attached them to the other straps, then threaded them through the rack's holes. The bag does not move, empty or full. I'm going to leave it on from now on. I'm very happy so far.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  6. twistedthrottle

Oddometer:
    Lookin' good. Can you post a picture of what you did to the straps? I think I have a clue but I would love to see what you did.

Kev
  7. VaderSS

Oddometer:
    Sure.

[​IMG]
  8. twistedthrottle

Oddometer:
    OK - I was thinking you went a different direction. It looks like you slid the strap through hols in your top rack and secure the bag via the slip locks on the outside of the top rack frame. I am going to share this with the designer who created the DrySpec system I thin k he will be interested.

Kev
  9. NCK

NCK Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This looks like an awesome product. If you had a inmate special, I'd def buy a set now. It's not about the $ really, more about the community.
  10. NCK

NCK Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It appears one of the main compeditors for this product is the Kriega UScombo30. Can you talk about the main differences between the two products and what makes yours the best! Great videos, by the way!

Thanks!
    Nate

[​IMG]
  11. twistedthrottle

Oddometer:
    Sorry Nate.

As a courtesy to competitors we avoid comparing and contrasting whenever possible. Naturally, we hope they follow similar guidelines as well. We do encourage you to though.

Kevin
  12. NCK

NCK Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Fastinating!
  13. NCK

NCK Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    given the above, are you aware of any independent reviews you might be able to refer us to?
  14. satur9

satur9 angry black guy

Oddometer:
    I dont have the kreiga 30 but have had kreiga u.s bags.they dryspec bags are dryer.the outer shell of kreigas hold water.the inner bag stays dry tho. the d 28 dual end is great. the straps on the drydpec 38are easierthan kreiga( but mabey its my racks(ive tried 2 racks) but I can cimch my bike down tight enough to not move the frame loops are to big.even with all the sslack taken in then cut. i probably have to cut and re-sew.the rigid core isnt as rigid as I thought.so unless your rack and seat are flat with each other strapping it lengthwise might not work to well.the opening on the 38 is far narrower than I though.large non flexible items will be impossible to get in.i do prefer kreigas white liner and side pocket zippers.though the dryspecs side pockets are useless anyway.i still prefer dryspec even with the strapping problen I had.oh and shoulder strap.yeah right dryspec but it does work as regular handle and compression straps and because my bag slides and I set it on the ground.it seems it gets more (scratched) up.than kreigas.
  15. cneidhart

cneidhart Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I just order my pair on Friday. Replacing the old duffle bag, finally.
    It's going on my GSA. I'll give a run down after I get them delivered.
  16. NCK

NCK Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I just bought this product and the Kriega 30. I'll do a review over in the equipment section.
  17. azgsa

azgsa Dude

Oddometer:
    Ordering up the D66 system as soon as I get home today to use on the XChallenge (mainly) and sometimes on the GSA. Wish I would have ordered in time to use for this weekend's ride/camp w/30 guys. :cry

Review to follow...

EDIT: Not in stock right now, looks like it will be a couple of weeks before I get the bags. Hopefully before next group ride...
  18. radioforum

radioforum Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Where can I get these bags in Melbourne Australia?
    D28 D38
  19. twistedthrottle

Oddometer:
    Sorry to say that we do not have any dealers in Australia. We can and do ship to Australia regularly if you're interested. Send an email to our INFO email account. One of our CS reps can help you out. Also, if you're interested in one of each we suggest ordering the "D66" set which is a D28 and a D38. It will save you a few bucks too by purchasing it that way.

Kevin
  20. kildala2000

kildala2000 The GS Store.

Oddometer:
    Cool, :D
    I've been looking for a bag to fit on my son's Dakar, looks like it's a match that works well.
    Thanks for posting,
    Rick

VaderSS;18938320]The Dryspec D38 bag is almost tailored to the Kildala rack for a F650GS single. I dismantled 2 of the 4 included straps for their retainer buckles and attached them to the other straps, then threaded them through the rack's holes. The bag does not move, empty or full. I'm going to leave it on from now on. I'm very happy so far.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][/QUOTE]