Lets see your XT660R

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by EnduroAlexis, Dec 10, 2006.

1. TomADV

TomADV Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yes it is! The dealer said 07, as it was registered in 07, but actually as I found out it is a 06. Sneaky ba****ds. Still, I got a decent price (for Denmark anyway), and it had only a few km's on the clock.
    But thanks for pointing it out anyway!
  2. Stumpytvr

Stumpytvr Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Not quite an XT but the same engine

My partner's MT03

[​IMG]
  3. Neo

Neo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    With my friends last october to the sahara desert,

this is the XT from Karel

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and Peter on the old school Tenere

[​IMG]
  4. Jaimoto

Jaimoto Spaniard in Chile

Oddometer:
    Always happens! My XT is suppossed to be a 2007 model too, but is actually a 06 model (I knew it before I bought it)
    Anyway there are so few changes that I really don't care; the main change is the O2 sensor, which you won't need when you put some nice aftermarket exhauts! (get ready to have everyone in the street looking at you because of the loud POF POF POF -and some flames too- when downshifting) :thumb
  5. TomADV

TomADV Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My thoughts as well. It is really annoying when they do it though, especially as I didnt know before I bought it. Just as well I am not planning on selling it then! Still - love the bike, just not the dealers.
  6. TomADV

TomADV Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I love this bike too. I saw one in the dealer, and thought it looked great. Beautiful machine, with a great engine. Love to see more pics of these on this thread too. Why limit it just to the XT.
  7. Alex_RO

Alex_RO Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hello Dazzer !

Could you please tell more about the bashplate ? That's the biggest i've seen so far. Who makes those ?

Alex

8. Dazzer

Dazzer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  9. Jaimoto

Oddometer:
    Touratech
    http://www.touratech.de
  10. Jaimoto

Oddometer:
    Bah. your post won by just two minutes!

BTW, your XT looks like I would like look mine, congrats!
    Are you planning a long offroad trip, Dazzer?
  11. TomADV

TomADV Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Dazzer,
    how do you find the Touratech bashplate? Is there much vibe from it, for normal every day riding?
    Also what is the screen? Love the bike by the way. Mine hopefully will be gaining a few of those parts soon as well!
  12. Dazzer

Dazzer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi
    The TT Guard I found to be very good,no Vibe's at all, and it protect's just about all the engine.
    The Black screen is a Yamaha touring screen,but it was not high enough for my liking so I cut down a old screen off a bmw 1200gs and bolted that to the top of the Yamaha screen.
    I can now ride at motorway speeds with my helmet visor open with no wind in my eye's. It look's odd but it work's ...

If It help's I have just fitted a jack up kit to the rear shock , I bought it off ebay for 20 pounds.
    This seems to be a cheap way of getting that bit extra ground clearance,with out having to get a high level exhaust which cost far to much for me :cry

I have also fitted a set of Front fork spacers to make the front end harder.

I went out mid week to try the bike off road fully loaded with the kit I will be taking on my spring trip and It is works far better now off road with these Mods to the Forks and rear shock.
    Maybe you can see in this photo the difference in ground clearance with the mods fitted.

Dazzer

[​IMG]
  13. TomADV

TomADV Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Dazzer, that looks good. I think I will probably go for the TT plate as well, as I havent heard any bad things about it, and I think it is the best size. Just a bigger screen, and some new tyres and I will be there. I have just started planning a trip of my own for the summer, so more silly questions probably on the way. I will be following your progress with interest.
    The weather still holding off here, so I managed to get out for a good ride today, on some good dirt tracks and forest roads, still really getting to know the bike gently. I am really starting to enjoy this bike the more I get used to it. I used to ride MX bikes as a kid then ended up riding sports bikes, then a heavy beemer. Of all the bikes I have owned before, this is rapidly becoming my favourite. I am also convinced that this is probably one of the best bikes to do a long trip on, if you are expecting a wide variety of road types and terrain. Here are a couple of pics from todays session.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  14. Whorepedo

Whorepedo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    man those things are awesome looking. if they would sell them in the states id be first in line.
  15. lvdukerider

lvdukerider Las Vegas Nevada

Oddometer:
    Yamaha seems to be making some very intresting dualsport bikes but im curious why they want to start by importing their 250 cc dualsport bikes (very cool little bikes) to the states insted of their larger offerings? Seems kinda backward to me.:huh
  16. TomADV

TomADV Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    They definitely are awesome bikes. I really dont understand why they would not import them to the US, where there must be such a huge market for such a bike. I think you guys need a stronger Yamaha rep in the US!
    There is another guy from Denmark, who is on his way through Africa on his XTR without a huge amount of modification. He really rates the machine, and has certainly had some interesting riding.
    Check it out here
    http://www.intoafrica.dk/
  17. TomADV

TomADV Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Here is another idea - an XT660R with the Dakar Rally Raid kit. I would love to see what it looks like in real life. I think this one has a larger (26 l) tank as well. To my mind that would really put this bike up there as a great adventure bike.
    I think this looks much better, and is probably quite a bit lighter than the new XT660Z Tenere. What do we think?

XT660R Dakar Rally.jpg
  18. stzog

stzog Adventurer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  19. stzog

stzog Adventurer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  20. DR650SEDDY

DR650SEDDY ride2discover

Oddometer:
    STZOG
    Hi there these are some bad ass pictures for a bad ass XT-R :clap ,where r u located ?? & it's a beautiful country side ...